Can't Upgrade To Windows 10 1809

uffbros

I am 0/2 installing Win 10 1809 to 2 of my computers. They both have Win 10 Home 1803 17134.376 now. I have a working 1809 install files on my flash drive. I upgraded to 1809 with these files on my other rig and several clean installs. I am trying to upgrade from within the current installed 1803. Here is a screenshot of what I get. Why am I getting this? I have always upgraded from within windows and no problems.

Capture.PNG

• Replies 36
  • Views 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@uffbros

Try to clear the Windows update cache from Disk cleanUp!

Reboot and then give it a go again.

But if anyone says what this problem really is. According to this first image, can only say that Windows has added simply a warning. Probably on this basis that some claimed that their files were deleted ...
What happens if this warning simply to close?
The second and easiest option is to split to partitions and transfer your files to other partition and then upgrade if it is so important that you just have to use the automatic update feature. If is updated, You can merge these partitions again.

11 minutes ago, Kalju said:

But if anyone says what this problem really is. According to this first image, can only say that Windows has added simply a warning. Probably on this basis that some claimed that their files were deleted ...
What happens if this warning simply to close?
The second and easiest option is to split to partitions and transfer your files to other partition and then upgrade if it is so important that you just have to use the automatic update feature. If is updated, You can merge these partitions again.

You only have a choice of refresh or back. Also clearing the Windows Update cache didn't work

4 hours ago, uffbros said:

You only have a choice of refresh or back. Also clearing the Windows Update cache didn't work

new windows version = clean install!

Did you try the upgrade online? Iirc it should ghet the needed updates when online.

Alternative is to slipsteam the updates into media

KB4465477 = SSU
KB4464455 = CU (reissued 17763.107)
KB4462930 = Flash Security

3 hours ago, akks-mtb said:

Where are we ... this isn't Win 98 anymore.

Upgraded from 14393 Pro to LTSB 2016 and lately to TLSC 2019 without the slightest problems.

55 minutes ago, s1ave77 said:

Did you try the upgrade online? Iirc it should ghet the needed updates when online.

Alternative is to slipsteam the updates into media

KB4465477 = SSU
KB4464455 = CU (reissued 17763.107)
KB4462930 = Flash Security

Where are we ... this isn't Win 98 anymore.

Upgraded from 14393 Pro to LTSB 2016 and lately to TLSC 2019 without the slightest problems.

win 98 lol, i think win 3.11 🙂! I have the best experience @ my pc with a clean install and with the latest updates. A Fresh Win 10 1809 ( 17763.107 ) = no problems in my view! .....but its not my PC ^^

Since Win 10 has come out..I have upgraded to the next build..like 1803 to 1809 from within windows with the latest .iso files extracted from the .iso. You don't have to clean install. I've done it hundreds of times till now. I did try the upgrade tool from Microsoft and get the same thing..that same error. Mine you...2 different computers doing this...can't be the computers????? The adgard uup site did slipstream them files into .iso to make it build 1809 17763.107???? But I even tried my original .iso from Microsoft and get same error.

1 hour ago, uffbros said:

Since Win 10 has come out..I have upgraded to the next build..like 1803 to 1809 from within windows with the latest .iso files extracted from the .iso. You don't have to clean install. I've done it hundreds of times till now. I did try the upgrade tool from Microsoft and get the same thing..that same error. Mine you...2 different computers doing this...can't be the computers????? The adgard uup site did slipstream them files into .iso to make it build 1809 17763.107???? But I even tried my original .iso from Microsoft and get same error.

I'm not sure it works, but I think if you use the same .ISO but block the Internet connection and will not allow you to search for updates during the installation process, then this will succeed.
You must, of course, delete all temporary folders that the previous upgrade made. 
Ie  folders on installation dir (usually on C:\)
$WINDOWS.~BT
$Windows.~WS (hidden folder)
Reason - this warning has already been downloaded and is located in these folders.
If you do not have the internet connection and you are not looking for updates during the installation, there should be no problems. But I'm not sure because I have not tried it myself.

15 minutes ago, uffbros said:

@Kaljo ....You are the man....That worked...Disconnecting from the net did it. I thank you so much.

I thought a bit about this thing, and so I thought it should work. Good if I thought right.
Good luck.

17 hours ago, uffbros said:

I am 0/2 installing Win 10 1809 to 2 of my computers. They both have Win 10 Home 1803 17134.376 now. I have a working 1809 install files on my flash drive. I upgraded to 1809 with these files on my other rig and several clean installs. I am trying to upgrade from within the current installed 1803. Here is a screenshot of what I get. Why am I getting this? I have always upgraded from within windows and no problems.

Capture.PNG

Make your own ISO. mount the wim, add package KB to bring to 17763.107, commit changes... save then replace the new wim with - I use to make my ISO

oscdimg -bE:\iso\boot\etfsboot.com -h -u2 -m -liso E:\iso\ E:\17763.107.181026-1406.RS5_RELEASE_SVC_PROD2_OEMRET_x64FRE_EN-US.iso

change as needed for your proper name.... make the new iso, burn with RUFUS. and your good to go.....

@Snuffy1942 ..Way over my head to do all that but I used adgard's site to make the files with the 107 update and from there I made the bootable .iso...haven't tested it yet but I would imagine it would work.

TRY THIS:

1] Delete the folder $WINDOWS.~BT

Make Windows show Hidden files & folders. To do this, open the File Explorer and among the tabs on the top, select the View tab.
Check the option for hidden files as in the image below.
Search for the folder $WINDOWS.~BT in the C: drive. Once you find it, delete it.
The $Windows.~BT and $Windows.~WS folders are created by Windows, during the upgrade process. In the case of a failed upgrade, it is better to delete the folder and start the upgrade process afresh.

2] Rename the SoftwareDistribution file

Delete or rename the SoftwareDistribution folder. If your Windows Update process is not working properly or if you find that the size of this folder has really grown large, then you can consider deleting the Software Distribution folder.

It this does not work, try the following troubleshooting steps which are specific to the Feature Update.

1] Verify hardware compatibility

Check this list to determine if your system is compatible with the Feature Update or not:

Acer
Dell
HP
Lenovo
Samsung
Sony
Toshiba.
2] Use Windows 10 Update Assistant

If the updates don’t work from the PC itself, you might consider using the Windows 10 Update Assistant to upgrade.

4] Upgrade using Windows 10 Installation Media Tool

You may try to upgrade to this Feature Update using the Windows 10 Installation Media Tool.

GOOD LUCK MATE

Read my post above..It tells you what the problem was and the fix...You need to be offline and it works.

better to stay away from that version until they fixes it, it has so many bugs .

just read others experiences and you will see

On 11/2/2018 at 9:21 AM, akks-mtb said:

From my point of view, it's clear : this advice is to follow for any OS.

Because we aren't talking about a little update but a big huge one. Another fact, no this kind of trouble doesn't concern only Windows.

On 11/2/2018 at 2:19 AM, uffbros said:

To much stuff to backup....

Do you have another disk (SSD or Hard Drive) ?

No in that case my advice will be (if you can) to buy just one. Then use it to install the OS.

3 hours ago, samoray said:

better to stay away from that version until they fixes it, it has so many bugs .

just read others experiences and you will see

Still that ancient but finicky HEARSAY. Most bugs are fixed by now.

Upgraded my notebook and my productiom machine (with tons of installed programs, gitlab integration etc...). No gamebreakers detected.

At this state (17763.104/107) the build isn't better or worse than it's predecessors.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/2/2018 at 7:25 AM, uffbros said:

Capture.PNG

windows 32bit / 64bit installers does not match the system that is running (your system is 64bit Installer 32bit or conversely)

Archived