Moving Outlook Profile from Office 2010 to 2019?

ppan

In the past, I have successfully moved my Outlook 2010 profile (containing all my E-mail accounts) from one PC to another by moving the profile in this registry key:  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\

Is it possible to move this key from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2019? I would hate to have to recreate all my E-mail accounts (I have a lot of accounts)?
If not, how about Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016?

• Replies 9
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, ppan said:

In the past, I have successfully moved my Outlook 2010 profile (containing all my E-mail accounts) from one PC to another by moving the profile in this registry key:  HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\

Is it possible to move this key from Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2019? I would hate to have to recreate all my E-mail accounts (I have a lot of accounts)?
If not, how about Outlook 2010 to Outlook 2016?

yes is possibile, I have followed this procedure from outlook 2016 to outlook 2019

• 3 weeks later...

It didn't work as described above.  In case somebody searches and finds this post:

In Outlook 2010 the profiles are here:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows Messaging Subsystem\Profiles\

However, in Outlook 2019 (Listed as office 16)*, the profiles are here:
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\16.0\Outlook\Profiles\

I exported the profile from the PC with Office 2010, edited it for the new path (in Notepad++) and successfully imported it into the registry of the PC with Office 2019.

*) For some reason it is listed as office 16. The laptop came preinstalled with 2016 trial which I promptly removed (I also used a cleaner) before installing 2019. Windows still insists that I have Office 16 at various location (e.g. Registry and control Panel |Mail)

Did you uninstall the key for office 2016?

7 hours ago, The AchieVer said:

Did you uninstall the key for office 2016?

I never installed a key or used the product. It was a trial that came with the new laptop (I think valid for 3 days). I promptly uninstalled and then used Office.2013-2019.C2R.Install.v6.4.5 to clean.

Even a trial is with a key.

if you want I share the command to check the status and another one to remove the key.

hope this helps 

Open command prompt and run as an administrator.

Check Activation Status:
x64:
cscript "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

x86 installed in Win x64:
cscript "%ProgramFiles(x86)%\Microsoft Office\Office16\ospp.vbs" /dstatus

after running the above command you get you get the last five digits of the key installed.

thereafter run the following command to remove the installed key.

for 32bit office , run the following command(just copy -paste)

cscript "C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Office\Office16\OSPP.VBS" /unpkey:XXXXX

for 64 bit , run the following command(just copy-paste)

cscript "C:\Program Files \Microsoft Office\Office16\OSPP.VBS" /unpkey:XXXXX

where XXXXX is last 5 digits of the key installed.

hope this helps 

Archived