how to remove "last visit" from the profile?

Togijak

I don't like that Timestamp on my profile and would like to remove it, but there is no such option / switch. How it could be done?

• Replies 4
  • Views 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The same information is in the top part of every post. "Posted x minutes ago" . So, is not only in your profiles but in any post.

This information in the post helps us to know how updated is the information provided in the post.

I  see nowhere " last visit " instead of "Last visited".

There is no option to remove that from the profile, but if you will log in with anonymous way, that option reflects the last date when you logged in "visible mode" .

I made it last time in visible way on March 7th, now it is October 19th and I am here, writing this comment right now..:P

5 minutes ago, vitorio said:

The same information is in the top part of every post. "Posted x minutes ago" So is not only in your profiles but in any post.

This information in the post helps us to know how updated is the information provided in the post.

These unprovoked timestamps hurt users, @Togijak is talking about those unprovoked timestamps that show / update without user interaction.

If you like a post, post a message or follow someone then it makes sense to update the timestamp since there's proof of interaction that would burn the cover anyway.

But when you merely visit nsane to watch if there are any interesting software releases, you're not interacting with the forum. You're not provoking any interaction meant to be seen by anyone (when you like a post, you imply that your like will be seen - interaction is provoked).

Ask yourself:

Is it anyone else's business except mine?

Spoiler

Align yourself with the Need to Know basis, where Intel is only given when such knowledge is absolutely required for a target to complete its task.

Is it required that the reicipient knows it? If so, what for? Do they really need to know that or is there a way to do without it?

Is it something meant to be seen other than by myself?

Spoiler

Align yourself with the Stealth principle, where no indication of presence and/or activity shall be given until you do something that de-facto indicates you're active. From there on, such Activity/Presence status shall only be updated when you provoke another interaction that de-facto indicates you're active.

Any and all Activity and/or Presence status broadcasts shall require a Proof of Presence. If presence can't be proved by one of your last provoked, active interactions then no one should know you're Active.

For exemple, this comment is a Proof of Presence that I was Active at the moment of posting it and provoked an interaction that would still have de-facto indicated I was Active when I posted it (commenting, liking, submitting input meant to be seen by other than me).

Is it something whose damage cans be controlled?

Spoiler

After you de-facto indicate you're active by provoking active interaction this action serves as Proof of Presence, it's too late. You provoked an interaction that de-facto burnt your Stealth cover by indicating you're active (that you cannot do if you're not Active).

However, you can prevent further damage by going into Damage Control mode. That means you don't delete it and don't try to prevent the spread of your interaction, you just ignore it but now make sure that you no longer, ever commit another provoked interaction that would refresh it again.

Any data submitted to anyone is considered definitively lost & impossible to delete, you sent this data to a server's hard drive. It's there, and even if you asked it to delete the data how would you audit it? It's here forever. Now you prevent further submitting anything to control the damage.

To answer Togijack's question, it's possible to prevent the lastseen counter from updating (provided you don't like, commnt or do something that will de-facto indicate you were online) but to remove it you would also have to delete all your posts, everything.

And even then, there are backup copies of everything you posted on Automated archiving sites, user hard drives all over the world, etc. You cannot delete it all, but you can have it frozen (that's what I want, frozen until provoked interaction burns it anyway).

29 minutes ago, Recruit said:

I  see nowhere " last visit " instead of "Last visited".

There is no option to remove that from the profile, but if you will log in with anonymous way, that option reflects the last date when you logged in "visible mode" .

I made it last time in visible way on March 7th, now it is October 19th and I am here, writing this comment right now..:P

Now i understand. Unbelievable my "Last visited" is June 19, 2016 lol

Archived