SanDisk Extreme Portable SSD

straycat19

I was lucky enough to have our IT department give me a couple of these devices that they received for testing but that they didn't want.  I took one and used WintoUSB to create a portable windows drive using a virtual machine vhd file of Windows 10 LTSC as the source.  I was surprised when I booted the drive how fast it was compared to actual windows to go devices.  The device is small enough to be carried in a pocket and lightweight.  I would consider buying several, but larger than the 250GB I was given, if they continue to perform as they have initially performed.

Here is the data from SanDisk on them.

The rugged SanDisk® Extreme Portable SSD delivers high-speed transfers with up to 550MB/s read speeds.** This makes it perfect for saving and editing hi-res photos and videos. With an IP55 rating, it also stands up to rain, splashes, spills and dust.

Capacities of 250GB, 500GB, 1TB, 2TB

With up to 2TB of high-speed storage for high-res photos, videos and sound files, the SanDisk Extreme® Portable SSD is perfect for all your creative pursuits.

Works with Windows and Mac, USB-C or USB-A

Designed to work with both Windows and Mac, the SanDisk Extreme® Portable SSD is equipped with a USB 3.1 Type-C connector and also includes a USB Type-C to Type-C cable and a Type-C to Type-A adapter, meaning it will work with the PCs and Macs of today, tomorrow and yesterday. 

Compact, Pocket-Sized Design

Good things come in small sizes! The SanDisk Extreme® Portable SSD delivers high-performance and capacity in a drive that’s smaller than a smartphone.

Built by a technology leader

More than 25 years ago the SanDisk® brand created the world’s first flash-based solid state drive and that was just the beginning. As a technology leader, we ensure that our products continue to deliver superior performance that you can rely on. 

extreme-portable-ssd-left-700x700.png

• Views 814
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived