Steel-toe Boots vs .45 Caliber Bullet

Crazycanuk

Man Is Convinced A Steel Toe Boot Can Stop A .45 Caliber Bullet

Sometimes you just have to learn the hard way.

bullet-vs-boot-1.jpg

Note: Pictures  are not for the squeamish.

According to a post on the Northwestfirearms forum, these are the results of a man who was convinced a steel toe boot could stop a round from a .45 caliber bullet, and decided to test it. You know, with his foot in the boot. Honestly, I don't even think he hit the steel toe at all (which is probably a good thing on account of all the shrapnel he'd have in his foot now).

"This guy and his co-workers were discussing whether a steel toe boot would withstand a round from a .45, so what do do you think would be the best way to test this theory? YUP, you guessed it. Good thing he wasn't testing his hard hat."
Personally, I'm still not convinced this isn't just some idiot who accidentally shot himself in the foot and made up a story that unintentionally makes him sound even dumber trying to cover it up. That said, I'm a firm believer that a steel toe boot absolutely CAN stop a .45 caliber round, but only if it's thrown at the foot and not fired. I'm not sure he'll ever be able to wear flip-flops again.

Shots of the aftermath, but you've been warned.

Spoiler

16602880_385093748517820_403516561608592       steel-toe-accident-2.jpg

Source

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Crazycanuk said:

Sometimes you just have to learn the hard way.

Yeah! I learned that since some years ago, when you & Loco Joe made fun of me.

Thanks guys, you helped me to grow up.....even if, nowadays, sometimes I make some excesses related the "hard way"...I am aware of that...:tooth:

19 minutes ago, Crazycanuk said:

Personally, I'm still not convinced this isn't just some idiot who accidentally shot himself in the foot and made up a story that unintentionally makes him sound even dumber trying to cover it up.

That was this guy here:

464898.gif

:D

He's incredibly lucky the bullet didn't break his bone, still it's a shame he 'tested' his theory assuming it will work.

He firmly believed it to a point he neglected to handle the case where it wouldn't work, he just assumed it will.

When you test something you prepare yourself for all possible outcomes, not just the ones you like.

He should have used something else for feet instead of his own, so if it fails it doesn't end badly.

In development it's the equivalent of writing code without any exception handling, just assume everything will work fine :yes:

In electrical engineering, it's equal to making circuits without differential circuit breakers since you assume there will never be a short-circuit..

Lucky he didn't try to test his theory on a construction yard hard hat😀😀😀

here's a lad that had his girlfriend shoot through an encyclopedia with a desert eagle .50.....it didn't go as planned

i was shocked at some of his comments, how he holds a loaded gun and that this was only done to increase his YouTube status, but he knew the risks

I carry Winchester Black Talons in my .45 Auto.  If he had shot himself with one of those both of the toes would have been gone since it almost doubles in size when it strikes anything.  Which is why they ended up only being available to police and military before they quit making them.  The shooting at 101 California in San Francisco in 1993 showed how deadly those bullets were which led to the restriction.

too bad he was not wearing a steel helmet instead, and had a need to prove that was bulletproof instead....stupid people are in no need of nor should they be allowed  to own guns

Airstream_Bill

And he is only one of the idiots loose running around.  

Archived