Sign in to follow this  
ARMOUR

Microsoft Office 2019 Professional to cost $439

KP333
21 minutes ago, vlefteriss said:

Is there any hope for Windows 7 users to install this?

No.. if you want the latest office then your forced to use the latest O/S Windows 10, Tell you the truth there's not much difference in 2019 to 2016 so if you got 2016 stick with that for the time being not unless you want to upgrade to windows 10

Karlston

Cue the sound of gazillions saying "Meh!", ignoring the Windows-10-only-crippled Office 2019, and continuing to happily and productively use earlier Office versions.

Guest maut

Just use KMS activation like Office 2013-2019 C2R Install Lite v6.4.5 Final, works great!

Edited by maut

straycat19

The latest is not necessarily the greatest.  And a reminder of the results of a survey conducted a couple years ago that showed 99% of Office users did not use 95% of its capabilities.  So why pay, or clutter your drive, with anything that you will never use.  There are free alternatives, like libreoffice, that may work fine for what you need.  Personally I stay with Office 2013 at work and home.  It does everything I need and more and our license allows home installs so I never refuse free software.

steven36
2 hours ago, Karlston said:

Cue the sound of gazillions saying "Meh!", ignoring the Windows-10-only-crippled Office 2019, and continuing to happily and productively use earlier Office versions.

Considering most people use cloud  office nowdays they most likey don't care .. 6 out of 8  of the best free alternatives is cloud  so the consumer are not buying into it when there is free and business mostly use 365 cloud  now days office as a service.

https://www.techradar.com/news/the-best-free-office-software

Many use Google were they can use  it across all platforms .  And it's free $439  is way too much for software that only work on windows 10 and Mac OS.

Edited by steven36

teodz1984

I'm kinda warm to libreoffice now..

But push comes to shove, i can still use my legally acquired (bought) Office 2013 which works for me.. No real reason to move to anything NEWER

Edited by teodz1984

wacm1979

If the existing version does what you need, may as well hold onto it longer. For those under subscription, fair enough as you will end up with the latest version anyway but I also think binding it for Windows 10 users a bit premature. Still a lot of Windows 7 users out there.

stylemessiah

Ive never moved form Office 2010, no reason to...in fact most people could get by with even earlier version of Office......and clippy :)

If you need anything newer, LibreOffice.....

krueldad

Ive Office 2016 rarely use it so maybe continue with this version 😜

BimBamSmash

Seems too steep a price tag for what it offers. Perhaps this is yet another marketing poly to promote 365.

7even

Hell yeah! Bring it on! Will surely give it a try. It's like getting a new toy. Right? :rolleyes:

vitorio
On October 2, 2018 at 4:26 PM, maut said:

Just use KMS activation like Office 2013-2019 C2R Install Lite v6.4.5 Final, works great!

Just for Windows 10 I understand.

sofspra

I have Office 2019 Pro Plus running on every PC in sight.  In addition, the price is right  You can guess the rest.

sofspra