New Nsane

Matt

• Replies 34
  • Views 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
knowledge-Spammer
2 hours ago, Matt said:

I can't but agree with @knowledge about those big size signature that takes too much time to load it.

Screenshot pagespeed testing.png

The server loads now is perfect, and page speed was 3.7 FCP/ DCL. Now as you see it's much better, but the rest is on us the members of nsane if we want the forums faster than this. The %62/%50 red lines because of the members signature and profile photos that have been uploaded on the server or linked to different host.  

@knowledge method is very helpful that converting the animated GIF to a HTML5 video, so I suggest form him to open an new topic that teaches and shows the members how to converting the animated GIF to a HTML5 video in order we make the forums much faster than this.

Moreover, because it's unfair for the members who have bad connections (Guests they are not allowed to see signatures), we all should have been doing this for this community. If @knowledge agrees on opening that topic I will pin it, and we the staff/members if we see anyone who has a big size signature that slows down the forums speed we will referee him/her to this topic where he can use this method in order we get the best result of speeding.

maybe its best if u can add note or in rules for people to use things like
https://ezgif.com/optimize
Examples
https://kornel.ski/lossygif
maybe is  best me not be the owner of the topic
y i say that is maybe people miss the topic or it get spammed with gifs people want edited or made smaller
based on that i think is best for u add to rules or like u have said pin to a topic or place were most people will see and u can add notes on y from admins
and not just from member  like me ?
i mean u can say better then me on y it save  space and can help make pages faster
and little notes i am happy to help in ways to help make faster for people or members
maybe some more people have some good tips aswell on things like this  not sure i am best  it was just a suggestion
but i am open  and agrees  if like  to help make faster the  site for sure :) or help in converting  to smaller sizes for people to use in signature

think is much ways in converting .    what is best i am not sure  if people have tips or info we is happy to read about it  to help make the site faster

Thanks Matt, major improvement, hopefully all the behind the scenes work and associated outages have been worth it and all's good for the future

• Administrator

@knowledge it's already in the guideline.

Signatures must be equal to or lower than 750px wide and 250px high in total. Signatures are limited to 10000 characters and 200kB total size. Animations and URLs are permitted.

Yet the staff can't go and major every members signature. This is should come from the members themselves. I will try to open a topic whenever I have time to do that.

On 9/11/2018 at 5:10 PM, knowledge said:

maybe if people optimization gifs or
Converting your animated GIF to a HTML5 video

can make pages load faster

GIFV files can't be inserted into a post

knowledge-Spammer
37 minutes ago, TrojanK said:

is it not a mp4 ?

For example a .gifv file and it's .mp4 file. But the .mp4 link redirects to .gifv url.

edit this is not a GIFV   http://i.imgur.com/JBxn05S.gifv

but if u click on view video u see its a mp4 http://i.imgur.com/JBxn05S.mp4

4 hours ago, knowledge said:

the .mp4 link redirects to .gifv url

I see that's true.

But you do agree with

4 hours ago, TrojanK said:

as neither gifv nor mp4 is listed under Accepted file types...right?

Spoiler

Allowed file extensions are: zip, rar, 7z, jpg, png, gif, doc, docx, log, pdf, txt

https://i.imgur.com/3T3dZyJ.mp4 (53KB)

• 1 month later...
On 9/11/2018 at 12:37 AM, Matt said:

News

We will never have anymore downtime for any reasons such as bandwidth limits (Now we have more than enough to use all time) or any other reasons we had last few years unless it is an scheduled maintenance, update, and fixing some bugs. 

So what was the reason for downtime yesterday? 

scheduled maintenance, update, and fixing some bugs?

no disrespect intended. just asking because I didnt see announcements about it. tia

• Administrator
26 minutes ago, K7108 said:

So what was the reason for downtime yesterday? 

scheduled maintenance, update, and fixing some bugs?

no disrespect intended. just asking because I didnt see announcements about it. tia

It was an scheduled maintenance from the hosting that I wasn't aware of. Sorry guys too busy to read my emails.  

Archived