Password manager suggested

hannubys

Hello guys,

I have been looking to replace my keepass for a modern password manager. Mainly because of portability and sync between multiples PC and phones. I have already done a selection and here are my result: 1password and bitwarden

Do you guys have experienced and suggestions with these two. (no need to talk about the price)

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I would stay on keepass ore change to KeePassXC (compatible with the keepass in TAILS) and syncing with smartphone is easy.

Why KeePassXC instead of KeePass?
KeePass is a very proven and feature-rich password manager and there is nothing fundamentally wrong with it. However, it is written in C# and therefore requires Microsoft's .NET platform. On systems other than Windows, you can run KeePass using the Mono runtime libraries, but you won't get the native look and feel which you are used to.
KeePassXC, on the other hand, is developed in C++ and runs natively on all platforms giving you the best-possible platform integration.

11 minutes ago, Togijak said:

I would stay on keepass ore change to KeePassXC (compatible with the keepass in TAILS) and syncing with smartphone is easy.

Will take a look. Thanks

2 hours ago, hannubys said:

I have been looking to replace my keepass for a modern password manager.

I use Keepass and have the keepass encrypted database stored in an encrypted folder in my dropbox account.  I can access that database from any device I have and from any where.  Since it is doubly encrypted with passphrases, not words, it is as safe as if it were in Fort Knox.

After some years using lastpass, I tried other top apps for a little while and I went with Sticky Password. It doesn't have a few of those extra features but in terms of compatibility regarding autofill and easy changing passwords, it's great.

And you can choose which way to sync or not to sync at all.

Take a look at Sticky Password, used it for years now (every now and then I try others but they don't match it) 

I use Sticky Password (which is synced to all my PC and mobile devices) - being lucky to get a lifetime subscription to the last one 

[Also for backup purposes KEYPASS (for PCS) an old V7 Roboform which still works for a PC and some droids) ]

Kaspersky Password Manager? I have been using to for long. The free version allows 15 entries to stored and synced across multiple devices. 

Great question, thanks hannubys - I'm going to make the switch from Lastpass. It bugged me when they got bought out a few years ago, but haven't discovered a good alternative until this thread.

+1 for KeePassXC, using it every day.

On 9/10/2018 at 11:18 PM, straycat19 said:

I use Keepass and have the keepass encrypted database stored in an encrypted folder in my dropbox account.  I can access that database from any device I have and from any where.  Since it is doubly encrypted with passphrases, not words, it is as safe as if it were in Fort Knox.

Straycat19,

Do you mean that you don't trust KeePass encryption/security?

Archived