How Can I Completely Remove Or Disable In Windows Defender In Win10 Rs5?

MassZERO

I tried many procedure but nothing works in Win10 RS5?
Please help me guys.... I tried many procedure already but nothing works with Win 10 RS5 windows defender..

That small icons still exist in Taskbar!

• Replies 66
  • Views 9.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Type gpedit.msc in the taskbar search bar and hit Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor.

Navigate to the following settings:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender (see list of what you want switching off)

Double click folder, set to disable and apply.

Voila

Can be used for Cortana etc etc too.

Install Windows 8.1, tweak it and forget about it for 5 more years and  problem solved i've not  used Windows 10 since RS 4 came out. :tehe:  it's still a preview build whats the rush to use it they push out a new update out on you every 6 mths  ? Ahoy bugs m8 :pirate:

Did they really change it  again?  you have to disable it using  Group Policy , the Registry , or PowerShell.. getting rid of it in the tray is only cosmetic  they made it hard to turn off because of wanacry, they went crazy with it. All you have to do  is open the taskmanger,  go to start up and disable it to remove it from the tray  , I posted a topic on it once i dont know if its still here or not. Its been that way every since RS 3.

Method 1

Disable Windows Defender using Local Group Policy

1) Use Windows + R to open Run command.
2) Type Gpedit.msc and click Ok to open Local Group Policy Editor.
3) On the left hand side browse the following path:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender Antivirus

4) Now, double click on Turn off Windows Defender Antivirus policy.

5) Select Enabled option to disable windows defender.

6) Click Apply and Ok.

make sure to restart your computer after changes any registry.

Please Note: Local Group Policy Editor work only with Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, or Education.

Method 2

Disable Windows Defender using the Registry

If you use Windows Home and you are unable to reach the local Group Policy. Then you can disable the default antivirus by modifying the registry.

Let me tell you for the information, it is Risky to edit the registry, if you do not do it correctly. We will recommend that you first take a full backup of the registry and proceed later.

1) Use Windows + R to open run command.
2) Type regedit, and click Ok.
3) Now, in registry console browse the following path
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\Windows Defender

4) Here you can see Disable antispyware DWORD, if you don’t right click on windows defender(folder) key, select New and click on DWORD (32-bit) value.

5) In name filed type Disable Antispyware and press Enter.
6) Double click on just created DWORD and set value from 0 to 1.

7) Now, click Ok.

After all those step complete, restart your computer to apply the setting, and then the windows defender antivirus should now disable.

in future, if you want to enable antivirus then right click on DWORD and select the delete option.

Method 3

Disable windows defender Using PowerShell command

Open windows PowerShell by right click on start menu and select Windows PowerShell(Admin).

Use the following PowerShell command to disable Windows Defender:

Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $true

To re-enable it:

Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $false

16 hours ago, Alpha1BA said:

Type gpedit.msc in the taskbar search bar and hit Enter to open the Local Group Policy Editor.

Navigate to the following settings:

Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Windows Defender (see list of what you want switching off)

Double click folder, set to disable and apply.

Voila

Can be used for Cortana etc etc too.

Done that already man! I did many things

15 hours ago, steven36 said:

Did they really change it  again?  you have to disable it using  Group Policy , the Registry , or PowerShell.. getting rid of it in the tray is only cosmetic  they made it hard to turn off because of wanacry, they went crazy with it. All you have to do  is open the taskmanger,  go to start up and disable it to remove it from the tray  , I posted a topic on it once i dont know if its still here or not. Its been that way every since RS 3.

I done all those things already..

Windows PowerShell
Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.

PS C:\Users\Administrator> Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $true
Set-MpPreference : Operation failed with the following error: 0x800106ba. Operation: Set-MpPreference. Target:
DisableRealtimeMonitoring.
At line:1 char:1
+ Set-MpPreference -DisableRealtimeMonitoring $true
+ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    + CategoryInfo          : NotSpecified: (MSFT_MpPreference:root\Microsoft\...FT_MpPreference) [Set-MpPreference],
   CimException
    + FullyQualifiedErrorId : HRESULT 0x800106ba,Set-MpPreference

PS C:\Users\Administrator>

15 hours ago, Swoosh said:

Simply use the app: Defender Control 1.3

Works well to toggle it on or off, no install required.

Done this one already after running I did not disable the Windows Defender cause its already OFF, but the icon in my taskbar still exist! so that means the its running...

I even try running that program but still the same...

This idiots Windows Defender is having me a hard time! 

image.thumb.png.4bb7ae53d30f25f4f1506003534e196f.png

If they changed everything around most guides want come out and software update for it  tell October when its hits general release . Most people use windows defender in the preview builds because most of the time many anti malware software are not working for it yet.

20 minutes ago, MassZERO said:

Done this one already after running I did not disable the Windows Defender cause its already OFF, but the icon in my taskbar still exist! so that means the its running...

I even try running that program but still the same...

This idiots Windows Defender is having me a hard time! 

This icon appears if to run once MSASCuiL.exe
This file location (Win 64) is %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCuiL.exe
In registry is key to run it automatically if windows starts
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
key name SecurityHealth => Delete it to remove from autostart. (it is only for show icon and nothing more)
If You want find something more, what You can do, look for "Security Health" service, notification etc.
If it also won't help, try to take ownership and block or rename file MSASCuiL.exe, but I don't know, if it will show some kind of error message later or not. Haven't never tried.

15 hours ago, steven36 said:

If they changed everything around most guides want come out and software update for it  tell October when its hits general release . Most people use windows defender in the preview builds because most of the time many anti malware software are not working for it yet.

I see that must have been the reason why the program did not work cause its not intended to work with RS5, but I'll do a last resort I'll customize an RS5 and remove that Windows Defender before installing it hope this would work...

Many . . . . many years ago, had written a tutorial from my second account — (understandably) not WRT Windows 10:—

14 minutes ago, MassZERO said:

I see that must have been the reason why the program did not work cause its not intended to work with RS5, but I'll do a last resort I'll customize an RS5 and remove that Windows Defender before installing it hope this would work...

When installing preview builds  they may change something else before  OCT these builds are not meant for  daily use no way they was only meant for testing ... That is the reason i stop using windows 10 every 6 months they add more things to take the users choice away  and you have to try too reverse it if you can .  You dont need no 2 antivirus programs at once they conflict with each other.. if you dont trust the one you have you need to install one you do trust .. only a 2nd one needs to be used for ondemand . M$ is trying to drive the other AV out of business if there software was safe as Linux you would not need one no way . :dribble:

15 hours ago, Kalju said:

This icon appears if to run once MSASCuiL.exe
This file location (Win 64) is %ProgramFiles%\Windows Defender\MSASCuiL.exe
In registry is key to run it automatically if windows starts
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run
key name SecurityHealth => Delete it to remove from autostart. (it is only for show icon and nothing more)
If You want find something more, what You can do, look for "Security Health" service, notification etc.
If it also won't help, try to take ownership and block or rename file MSASCuiL.exe, but I don't know, if it will show some kind of error message later or not. Haven't never tried.

Wow this one works! Finally! No more Windows Defender Icon in taskbar...

I'll make a registry fixed for this to auto remove that SecurityHealt! and combine that windows defender program disabler...

I'll make a virtual later and repeat the process so I can make a fixed!

2 hours ago, MassZERO said:

I tried many procedure but nothing works in Win10 RS5?
Please help me guys.... I tried many procedure already but nothing works with Win 10 RS5 windows defender..

That small icons still exist in Taskbar!

hi MassZERO

all solutions are here

https://www109.zippyshare.com

sharecode /v/i1nmhfKI/file.html

1 hour ago, rahuldohare said:

hi MassZERO

all solutions are here

https://www109.zippyshare.com 

sharecode /v/i1nmhfKI/file.html 

HTTP Status 404 - /v/i1

type Status report

message /v/i1

description The requested resource (/v/i1) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.25

1 hour ago, Skunk1966 said:

HTTP Status 404 - /v/i1

type Status report

message /v/i1

description The requested resource (/v/i1) is not available.

Apache Tomcat/7.0.25

What is this? Or why it should be here?

Maybe You mean this one? But how these images can help?

ZtIRkv2.png

12 minutes ago, SPECTRUM said:

whats wrong with Windows Defender ? Oo

whats wrong with Windows Defender?
Absolutely nothing. It's the best, if at all such a things should be installed.

49 minutes ago, Kalju said:

What is this? Or why it should be here?

Maybe You mean this one? But how these images can help?

that's what I got when opening the zippyshare link posted by @rahuldohare

7 minutes ago, Kalju said:

And do not you think that perhaps you put the url incorrectly? 

tried 4 times and got the same result

I know how to copy/paste sharecodes; this is the first time I got this

4 minutes ago, Skunk1966 said:

tried 4 times and got the same result

I know how to copy/paste sharecodes; this is the first time I got this

That's fine, but it looks like 4 is not enough. Should try at least five times. ?

Archived