[Solved] Notifications: Some are not showing.

Cruzan

In the past few days I have notifications that do not show. For instance, just now when logging on, nsane told me I had 4 notifications. When I checked to see what they were I only had 3. This also happened yesterday. :dunno:

• Replies 37
  • Views 3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not just you. I think this is due to last tweaks made to the forum by @Matt. Please check and fix.
Also, some reaction notifications are missing when logged in.

knowledge-Spammer

i have some thing to ask what it mean when some Notifications topics i get some is more blue y is like that  do it mean the less blue ones i have looked at them ?  i mean lessblue i have read befor and the more blue is the ones i not read ?  1day ago i had 986 Notifications but some blue and some not the topic names is more blue on some but not all ?

On 8/18/2018 at 10:15 PM, Matt said:

I will look into this problem.

this is still occurring, today it said I had 6 notifications but upon checking only had 5.

• 1 month later...

I'm getting only the occasional notification emails. When I go into the forum I see my notifications - but I get no emails

• Administrator
10 hours ago, leader97 said:

I'm getting only the occasional notification emails. When I go into the forum I see my notifications - but I get no emails

Last time I checked, all the issues with emails were fixed here.

Can you mention when did this started happening there.

5 hours ago, Matt said:

@leader97 I'm reaciving emails fine here. Check your notifications options, and see if you have asked to be sent to your email address. Take a screenshot and show me please.

Thanks. I haven't changed my notification settings, they just stopped a week or so ago. I didn't get one for your post ☝️ for example nor any others - although I remember getting the odd one very rarely. Here's a screenshot:

9fb6576535d3604efe4367ba521b2590.png

On 9/26/2018 at 7:10 PM, leader97 said:

Same here, this also happened to me in the past few days.

19 hours ago, Matt said:

@leader97 your sittings look right, and you should receive emails without any problems. Have you checked the spam folder ? 

12 hours ago, Phantom Blade said:

Same here, this also happened to me in the past few days.

Yes, not in the spam folder. I'm just not getting email notifications since recently, for example none of yours to me were notified in an email.

Thanks for your time on this. I'll do a few things my end, log out then in again and try and whitelist etc and I'll let you know if/when it recovers

• Administrator
Spoiler
15 hours ago, leader97 said:

Yes, not in the spam folder. I'm just not getting email notifications since recently, for example none of yours to me were notified in an email.

Thanks for your time on this. I'll do a few things my end, log out then in again and try and whitelist etc and I'll let you know if/when it recovers

Can we try changing your email address and see what is the result.

On 9/27/2018 at 10:51 AM, leader97 said:

Thanks. I haven't changed my notification settings, they just stopped a week or so ago. I didn't get one for your post ☝️ for example nor any others - although I remember getting the odd one very rarely. Here's a screenshot:

Spoiler

9fb6576535d3604efe4367ba521b2590.png

This is not enough, you also have to make these choices, but you can only make these choices when the administrator has allowed users to change them. If administrator have disabled changes, You'll see them, but You cannot change them.

2Q==

On 9/28/2018 at 11:02 AM, leader97 said:

@Matt

Follow up: I have received only one message this week and I did get an email notification for it. But I have many normal notifications of posts that I see when I am on the forum but I get no emails. I've done everything (logout/login, white-listing) my end but, simply, I am not getting any email notifications.

On 9/29/2018 at 4:24 AM, Kalju said:

This is not enough, you also have to make these choices, but you can only make these choices when the administrator has allowed users to change them. If administrator have disabled changes, You'll see them, but You cannot change them.

I can't make these changes can I?

14 minutes ago, leader97 said:

I can't make these changes can I?

You can change these, what are shown on this image. And if You can't some of them change, then it is disabled by admin. Admin can disable some of them, but usually they are turned on, ie You cannot block for example administrator messages.

2Q==

7 minutes ago, Kalju said:

You can change these, what are shown on this image. And if You can't some of them change, then it is disabled by admin. Admin can disable some of them, but usually they are turned on, ie You cannot block for example administrator messages.

Thanks. This seems to be the answer...but where do I find these settings? And why did it all suddenly change for me?

Edit: Ah! Got it!! Thanks. We'll see...

2nd Edit: I've seen my settings but they all look OK :unsure: But I'll wait and see

21 minutes ago, leader97 said:

Thanks. This seems to be the answer...but where do I find these settings? And why did it all suddenly change for me?

Edit: Ah! Got it!! Thanks. We'll see...

2nd Edit: I've seen my settings but they all look OK :unsure: But I'll wait and see

PS! All emails will not work, but I can not remember exactly which ones. Anyway gmail should work. That is, your account must be registered with the email address where the messages are sent. Somewhere I remember that it may be, that was hotmail (ie [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]) that did not work. But I'm not 100% sure.

If You want change email, go Menu on main page, right top corner, there is Your username => drop-down menu => Account Settings =>on  left you see Email Address

11 minutes ago, Kalju said:

PS! All emails will not work, but I can not remember exactly which ones. Anyway gmail should work. That is, your account must be registered with the email address where the messages are sent. Somewhere I remember that it may be, that was hotmail (ie [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]) that did not work. But I'm not 100% sure.

If You want change email, go Menu on main page, right top corner, there is Your username => drop-down menu => Account Settings =>on  left you see Email Address

Thanks, I'm on gmail and everything was working OK until about 2 weeks ago. I've checked all my settings on my profile according to the list that you showed in your post...But I still haven't received any emails of the posts you have made today. Here's my list 👇

Spoiler

7f3dd2ec8c2ee835eda60be34ecff8cb.png

Archived