Are there anyway to fix batteries drain in Android ?

Akaneharuka

Are there anyway to fix batteries drain in Android ?

After I update my android to 8.1 oreo

I got the batteries drain problem. and even I use Airplane mode my phone still use mobiles data ? ppf44Jx.png

the picture is in Japanese but in the red bar is mean Mobile network data

7pCI46f.png

• Replies 7
  • Views 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• LeetPirate

• DKT27

• debebee

• maxshadow

Top Posters In This Topic

How old is the battery? Maybe You don't know or have forgot, that any accubattery lost about 25%-30% of its capacity during first three months after it is released. (Take look - after it is released, not after it has been began used!) And so it goes on, during about year have any battery lost about 65%-75% of its capacity and the only way to make something better, is to replace it with new one.
NB! Always look the date, when it was made/released. And remember, there is no matter, if it has been in use or not. If three months has gone, it has lost about 25% of nominal capacity anyway. There is nothing to do, it's absolutely natural.

Clean Google play store and google play services cache. In some phones these caches become too big, causes battery to drain and occasional freezes.

• Check age of battery
  • Use lite versions of battery guzzling appps like facebook
  • Check phone for apps that use background refresh,
  • disable location bluetooth and wifi if not needed..
  • uninstall apps you don't use 
  • minimize idle screen time on
Edited by teodz1984

The previous suggestions are all good, try those first but if all else fails then do a full reset. Check your apps make sure Doze is enabled for all the apps. I think different phones have various names for the doze feature but it's most often linked to the battery optimization feature so ensure that battery optimized is enabled for all apps. The problem is that even though some phones have the feature it actually does nothing, lol. It's just a toggle on the user interface that does nothing, especially with Samsung phones because they put so much effort into bastardizing the pure Android with their bloatware. If this is the case then you have to downgrade back to previous version firmware and see if the problem is solved.

• Administrator

From what I can understand, the phone is getting awake even when the screen is not on. Try using this. It's recommended by everyone. Add apps which it recommends to the list.

A fixed and more powerful version is likely posted on forums here somewhere, but use it only after trying the free version I think.

• 3 months later...