Donations Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
Axe

Please share your experience of VoodooShield.

Axe

I've used Appguard for multiple years but Appguard solo is out of my budget. Is VoodooShield the next best thing after Appguard? What is your experience with it? NVT Exe Radar Pro 4 beta is out. Anyone has experience with that?

Vatos Locos

Hi.

the latest stable version of vs wich is 4.53 is believed to be the most snappy version that Dan ( the dev ) did release. it is also supossed to be almost bug free , but I am sure that every small issue will be fixed , because Dan is very active when it comes to fixing them! from my past experience VS is a great software , which is pretty much set and forget and very user friendly. the disadvantage of the free version is that it comes with a predefined set of rules which can not be altered and also has a nagscreen to upgrade to the pro version , in which you can change the settings to your likings. it also is a noob friendly program. nvt exe radar pro is still in beta phase and is still very buggy.....it is also more of a computer savies type of program with loads of stuff to change and block. for hardening and protecting your pc , you could use the following free setup : vs free , nvt osarmor and nvt syshardener.

dcs18
1 hour ago, Axe said:

Is VoodooShield the next best thing after Appguard?

Nope

1 hour ago, Axe said:

What is your experience with it?

You might want to check-out the conversation which we had with the VoodooShield developer:—

jamesDDI
15 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

You might want to check-out the conversation which we had with the VoodooShield developer:—

It's too much to read in this period honestly, can you to summarise a bit? Thanks

dcs18

Brief Summary

At that point in time, VoodooShield could be terminated by a Task Manager — this is regarded as a major vulnerability in any security chain (especially critical in a component which serves as the anti-Executable.)

The developer refused to acknowledge the seriousness of this major flaw in his product, then — not sure whether he has addressed the flaw in the last 4 years.

Apart from the above — there were a number of bugs reported (but, the developer chose to run for life — hasn't been back, yet.)

Nastrahl

Takes a lot of CPU and slow down a lot loading times of many apps/games here.

stylemessiah

As already mentioned VS dev is a douche canoe

Its pseudo SRP anyways, you'd be far safer using actual native SRP than that crap layering of pseudo SRP

Axe

It looks like VoodooShield is a very polarising software. Some people love the software and the developer and some people hate them. It's very confusing. I guess only option left for me is to try it.