Please share your experience of VoodooShield.

Axe

I've used Appguard for multiple years but Appguard solo is out of my budget. Is VoodooShield the next best thing after Appguard? What is your experience with it? NVT Exe Radar Pro 4 beta is out. Anyone has experience with that?

• Replies 19
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Vatos Locos

Hi.

the latest stable version of vs wich is 4.53 is believed to be the most snappy version that Dan ( the dev ) did release. it is also supossed to be almost bug free , but I am sure that every small issue will be fixed , because Dan is very active when it comes to fixing them! from my past experience VS is a great software , which is pretty much set and forget and very user friendly. the disadvantage of the free version is that it comes with a predefined set of rules which can not be altered and also has a nagscreen to upgrade to the pro version , in which you can change the settings to your likings. it also is a noob friendly program. nvt exe radar pro is still in beta phase and is still very buggy.....it is also more of a computer savies type of program with loads of stuff to change and block. for hardening and protecting your pc , you could use the following free setup : vs free , nvt osarmor and nvt syshardener.

1 hour ago, Axe said:

Is VoodooShield the next best thing after Appguard?

Nope

1 hour ago, Axe said:

What is your experience with it?

You might want to check-out the conversation which we had with the VoodooShield developer:—

15 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

You might want to check-out the conversation which we had with the VoodooShield developer:—

It's too much to read in this period honestly, can you to summarise a bit? Thanks

Brief Summary

At that point in time, VoodooShield could be terminated by a Task Manager — this is regarded as a major vulnerability in any security chain (especially critical in a component which serves as the anti-Executable.)

The developer refused to acknowledge the seriousness of this major flaw in his product, then — not sure whether he has addressed the flaw in the last 4 years.

Apart from the above — there were a number of bugs reported (but, the developer chose to run for life — hasn't been back, yet.)

stylemessiah

As already mentioned VS dev is a douche canoe

Its pseudo SRP anyways, you'd be far safer using actual native SRP than that crap layering of pseudo SRP

It looks like VoodooShield is a very polarising software. Some people love the software and the developer and some people hate them. It's very confusing. I guess only option left for me is to try it.

• 9 months later...

I was interested in using it but I saw comments and bickering between the developer and wilderssecurity members. The developer acts like an immature child which discouraged me to use it. There are always annoying forum members but I thought developers wouldn't act the same, I was wrong. 

Dan developer was the worst but I saw other people act immature too. I don't know truth of how those anti exe and hips etc work but many people were being rude toward each other. but my point is, it is normal for forum members to be rude and immature but i thought a developer will act better and not childish which Dan developer doesnt. Even if I was rich american or European guy and buy software, after I see developer sensitive immature like Dan I wont buy their software. The developers should care about how they act or their image will be ruined. getting ban from wildersecurity and malwaretip is bad for developers image

VoodooShield
On 5/29/2019 at 5:02 AM, bittricks said:

Dan Butler is a man-baby and crackpot that routinely chimps-out, rant-posts and makes ridiculous claims of "agents of a competitor." He acts like every post made about Voodooshield by nobodies that he doesn't like across the web are to blame for the fact that Voodooshield never has and never will be a commercial success. His 7+ year track record of behaving inappropriately on both Malwaretips and Wilderssecurity that resulted in multiple bans from the same forums is all public record.

No one else behaves like him. Those so-called "annoying" forum members you refer to posted the truth. It's not their fault that Dan Butler has no self-control and made a shameless spectacle of himself.

He did the same thing here before nsane members ran him off.

Someone here even labeled him a "douche canoe" because of the way he behaved. Because he lashed out against people here (and everywhere else) like a hurt little schoolgirl.

So you are a new NSANE member and you have posted a total of 8 times, and ALL of your posts deal solely with bashing VS.  You apparently signed up just to bash VS and myself.

And I am the immature one?

You are correct, everything is public record, for the whole world to see.  If anyone takes the time to do the research, they will see you and your buddies stalking and harassing me, and me standing up for myself in a rather civil and mature manner, especially considering all of the dirty tricks you pulled.

I truly feel sorry for you that VS and I have had such a lasting and profound impact on you over the last 4 years that you find it necessary to continue the bashing, stalking and harassment.

I moved on from the arguments long ago.

For your own sanity, I hope you do the same.

Hello Dan. I'm glad you come here. I hope you read my post they are harsh but do not ignore them. Change your ways and do not get sensitive on the comments written towards you. I was going to use voodoo but did not use voodoo because of the sensitive posts you make. and I think there are many people who do the same. whatever forum members say a developer should learn to not get sensitive. You have not moved on because you regularly get annoyed and keep following voodoo bashing in several forums thats not moving on. If you change this behaviour, more people will use voodoo and not be discouraged to use like me. I do not know truth who is right but you got ban from wilder and malwaretips forums. a developer get ban from that forums is not good sign for yourself. 

VoodooShield
On 6/5/2019 at 9:45 AM, Sofa King said:

Hello Dan. I'm glad you come here. I hope you read my post they are harsh but do not ignore them. Change your ways and do not get sensitive on the comments written towards you. I was going to use voodoo but did not use voodoo because of the sensitive posts you make. and I think there are many people who do the same. whatever forum members say a developer should learn to not get sensitive. You have not moved on because you regularly get annoyed and keep following voodoo bashing in several forums thats not moving on. If you change this behaviour, more people will use voodoo and not be discouraged to use like me. I do not know truth who is right but you got ban from wilder and malwaretips forums. a developer get ban from that forums is not good sign for yourself. 

You admit that your comments are harsh, then you criticize me for being sensitive?  Seriously?  That makes zero sense.  We will never know how other developers react as a result of bashing, simply because they are never subject to the same stalking and harassment  that I was.

Please post some links of me being sensitive, and the readers can simply scroll up and see the bashing and harassment from you and your buddies.

I was never banned from wilders, I am still a member, they simply revoked my posting privileges when I stood up for myself.  If the mods were not going to stop the harassment and bashing, then I wanted nothing to do with the forum.

I was banned for MT, but they asked me to rejoin when they figured out that you and your buddies were the aggressors the entire time, and subsequently banned all of you.

Fun fact... two of my stalkers used to be massive VS fans, and lobbied me for months for a job with VS.  When they figured out that I was not going to hire them, they exacted their revenge.

VS has one of the largest user bases in the deny-by-default category.  Most of our users do not come from the forums, and I have no interest spending my time squashing trolls on security forums, so you simply wasting your time.

In fact, most users are smart enough to realize the dirty tricks that you and you buddies pull, and would much rather install software from a developer who stands up for himself, as opposed to software that the trolls who pull dirty tricks support.  

I was not even going to reply, but I am getting my oil changed, so I am bored.  Have fun wasting your life stalking and harassing VS.  in the end, you know as well as I do that your efforts will make zero difference.  Your behavior only added fuel to the fire that helped me develop VS into what it is today. 

And for that, I sincerely thank you!

I'm a random nobody guy who is 21 year old and you are a developer of known app so yes it make sense. Nobody know or care who I am and i dont have reputation to maintain in online internet. Do you think a developer falling low as random 21 year old guy from a poor country is same thing? you just killing your reputation by being child. You reply above is proof of being sensitive i dont even need to find links. You replies are longer than mine so you are the one wasting your time more than me and dont worry about me I'm a student who have holiday I have plenty of time to wasting. i read your wildersecurity comments too so if people want to find go to voodoo in wildersecurity . you accuse of being me a buddy  of those people like appguard lockdown so i will say developer like lockdown is also rude developer with similar sensitive issue like you. that guy is always rude not everyone is a computer expert but that guy act like you are computer expert and insult for asking simple question. that guy also is banned like you. are you happy now i am a good buddy of lockdown. your app is probably good because many people say it it is also is succesful but if your behavior was good there would be more users. 

On 8/8/2018 at 5:15 PM, Axe said:

...Is VoodooShield the next best thing after Appguard? What is your experience with it? 

I have only very good experience, I do not use any kind of pointless crap.

VoodooShield
50 minutes ago, Sofa King said:

I'm a random nobody guy who is 21 year old and you are a developer of known app so yes it make sense. Nobody know or care who I am and i dont have reputation to maintain in online internet. Do you think a developer falling low as random 21 year old guy from a poor country is same thing? you just killing your reputation by being child. You reply above is proof of being sensitive i dont even need to find links. You replies are longer than mine so you are the one wasting your time more than me and dont worry about me I'm a student who have holiday I have plenty of time to wasting. i read your wildersecurity comments too so if people want to find go to voodoo in wildersecurity . you accuse of being me a buddy  of those people like appguard lockdown so i will say developer like lockdown is also rude developer with similar sensitive issue like you. that guy is always rude not everyone is a computer expert but that guy act like you are computer expert and insult for asking simple question. that guy also is banned like you. are you happy now i am a good buddy of lockdown. your app is probably good because many people say it it is also is succesful but if your behavior was good there would be more users. 

It's cool... if you want to prove me wrong, simply post the links, otherwise I am not going to waste my time.

A few months ago I went back and read a lot of the posts / arguments from years ago, and I was extremely shocked to discover how calm and nice I was considering all of the dirty tricks that were pulled.  Anyway, I was unable to find one instance where I was overly sensitive, was less than honest, or played a dirty trick.  If you would be so kind to point out specifically an instance where you feel I am being overly sensitive, I would be happy to review how I handled the situation and try not to be as sensitive next time, even though I have no plans of being on any forum for an extended period of time.

I am certain that we lost a handful of users simply because some people (like myself) do not like conflict.  But I am also certain that we gained 50x the number of users as a result.  See, if the stalkers were going to troll me, I was going to at a minimum make it work to my advantage.  Basically, the controversy piqued their curiosity so they tried VS and most fell in love with it.  So handing the trolls their butts + expanding our user base = win/win.  As they say, there is no such thing as bad publicity. 

BTW, I had no idea Lockdown is a developer.  News to me.

Your replies above to me for example you accuse me of lockdown's buddy but i am not buddy of lockdown because he's sensitive rude too insult many people. ii used to read voodoo comments i saw the comment that made you banned on malwaretip you said the foul words that start with F and A or something similar to lockdown, which he is but developer say that openly in public forum is bad. and you get ban that is you are being sensitive. i dont know dishonest dirty trick lies comment because that i dont know computer talking but you should have just ignore those people i dont know if they are trollers but there are people trolling every popular developer. you dont have to fall low because of troll. but you say you got more user because of this so maybe i was wrong if bad argument and sensitive comment has made more users for voodoo. 

i have one request for you to link the old comment of people that harass you in comment if you can find them easily in history or if you remember the title where they write to you. i am not asking to talk bad about you again and i do not want to write more but wilder has too many comment it will take long time to find comment and i dont remember which topic the argument happen and many of the comment got delete and banned

malwaretip and wilder had developer tag on lockdown you say hes not developer so hes some support or marketing person? 

• Administrator

@Sofa King and @bittricksregistration terms of this forums.

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this community to post any material which is knowingly false and/or defamatory, inaccurate, abusive, vulgar, hateful, harassing, obscene, profane, sexually oriented, threatening, invasive of a person's privacy, or otherwise violates any law.

Both of you agreed to those terms, so harassing other members is not accepted in here either he is a developer such as @VoodooShield or a normal member.

Topic closed for further investigation.

• Matt locked this topic

Archived