"Some settings are managed by your organization"

Knightmare

I've been having this issue for a while now, but I'm not sure which one of my various configurations would have caused this to happen. Windows 10 keeps telling me that my settings are managed by my organization, and because of this, some of the settings in Windows AV and Windows updates are grayed out. When I click on "View configured update policies," I get a list of all of the things that are configured:

ApplicationFrameHost_2018-08-07_21-05-48.png

I did a reset on GP and forced the update but I still have the message. I also rebooted, same result. Windows Defender has a similar message:

ApplicationFrameHost_2018-08-07_21-08-45.png

How do I fix this to gain control of my settings?

• Replies 4
  • Views 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It means most likely  you used  a 3rd party tool  such as O&O shut up  and changed permissions in the registry. Only thing you can do  is use  the app you used to do it and try to set things back to default  and see will it set you're permissions back to default .  If that don't work you will need to do clean install  and figure out  a different method such as using a firewall to block Microsoft from calling home if you don't want to change Windows10s permissions.  What all programs did you use to mess with the registry  before you attempted to  reset GP? That's most likely  your problem if you changed it yourself you would be more out to remember what you done . This is why real system admin don't use 3rd party programs  they make any changes to GP  by hand .

I managed to fix the Windows Defender settings. I just had to delete the settings in the registry and reboot. I did use O&O Shutup to adjust settings. Resetting the settings in OOSU seemed to fix the issue! Thanks for the help!

35 minutes ago, Knightmare said:

I managed to fix the Windows Defender settings. I just had to delete the settings in the registry and reboot. I did use O&O Shutup to adjust settings. Resetting the settings in OOSU seemed to fix the issue! Thanks for the help!

Glad you fixed it  here  explains  what it did

https://www.wikihow.com/Turn-Off-Windows-Defender-in-Windows-10

The way Windows Defender is now  in Windows 10 you have to change the value of the registry  to really turn it off as it works as a extra layer of protection with 3rd party Anti Virus  you have to go threw a act of congress  just to get  full permissions . Windows 10 is all about taking control away from the end user in the name of security  ...  Its just like freedom of speech were all these left winged tech giants are banning  right winged media  there the very same Tech giants that control the most used OS and  Browsers and they are taking our freedoms away unless we revolt  against it . If you go with the flow expect to have no privacy or control over any thing you do or use on the internet. Sad times we live in today.

There are still some settings that claim to be managed by the administrator. I remember now that I did use a program called Privacy Protector for Windows 10. I did run that, but I didn't like the program, so I uninstalled it and went back to OOSU. I think that program may have caused the damage to my system, but since I uninstalled it, I can't run it again because it was a giveaway.

Archived