Mozilla Thunderbird 60.0

anuraag

Thunderbird is Mozilla's next generation e-mail client. Thunderbird makes emailing safer, faster, and easier than ever before with the industry's best implementations of features such as intelligent spam filters, a built-in spell checker, extension support, and much more. Thunderbird gives you a faster, safer, and more productive email experience. We designed Thunderbird to prevent viruses and to stop junk mail so you can get back to reading your mail. Read on to find out more about the reasons why you should use Thunderbird as your mail client and RSS reader.

Thanks to ADN and ARMOUR for the update.

Download

• Replies 15
  • Views 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Portable Mozilla Thunderbird 60.0 Multilingual Online

By PortableAppZ

Portable Thunderbird MultiVersion Multilingual Online (0.4 MB)

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode[?]: /files/8781492/Thunderbird_Portable_MultiVersion_32-64-bit_Multilingual_Online.exe.html

Select language and enter Version Number:  60.0

Extract and run ThunderbirdPortable.
Multilingual Online will download setup in selected language (Afrikaans, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, German, Greek, English, SpanishInternational, Spanish, Basque, Finnish, French, Irish, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Dutch, NorwegianNynorsk, Polish, PortugueseBR, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Ukrainian, SimpChinese) and extract files.

Multi-Users: change Profile by editing ThunderbirdPortable.ini with User=NameOfNewUser
Associated to Firefox Portable if FirefoxPortable and ThunderbirdPortable folders are in the same folder. A link clicked in a mail will be opened in Firefox Portable (don't work on Windows 8 and above).

Thanks for the heads up, I tried this one but quickly reverted to version 52.9.1 as to much of my addons were being disabled as being incompatible.

Shame really, was looking forward to a Thunderbird 64 bit version.

1 hour ago, Bullhead said:

Thanks for the heads up, I tried this one but quickly reverted to version 52.9.1 as to much of my addons were being disabled as being incompatible.

Shame really, was looking forward to a Thunderbird 64 bit version.

Yep, both x64 or x86 install properly.

A clean x64 install with copying back of saved C:\Users\Username\AppData\Roaming\Thunderbird will get you a properly working x64 Thunderbird with all your email and settings intact.

But as you said, most current add ons will be disabled as they are incompatible with x86 & x64 Thunderbird 60.0.

I've also reverted back to v52.9.1 as I can't do without some of the add ons.

Same as Bullhead and zinoswink ... too many addons disabled beacuse of non-compatibilty with v60.

Reverted back to 52.9.1, the necesary time that addons' developers update them.

And also happy to see a 64bits version.

brain_death

Add-ons not marked as compatible with Thunderbird 60 by their authors will be disabled...

This can be reverted via the preference:  extensions.strictCompatibility. Change it from *true* to *false*.

That doesn't mean all your add-ons will work 100%, but they won't be disabled anymore, lol...

Allow your overworked and impoverished developer, a little time to catch up!

?

What amount of addons do you use?????

I can live without leetkey or minimize to tray revived.

Import export tools still works.

If you have some addons that want work change the extensions.strictCompatibility setting to false

Yes, you can set extensions.strictCompatibility setting to false, this will re-enable the addons.

Fact is that incompatible addons remain to be just that: incompatible!

I guess that i will have to wait until addon developers catchup with v60.

(All this sounds an awful lot like the transition of firefox addons to webextension.)

Portable Thunderbird MultiVersion 32-64 bit Multilingual Online by PortableAppZ:

Site: https://www.upload.ee
Sharecode: /files/8781492/Thunderbird_Portable_MultiVersion_32-64-bit_Multilingual_Online.exe.html

Select language and enter Version Number: 60.0

Extract and run ThunderbirdPortable.

Multilingual Online will download setup in selected language (Afrikaans, Belarusian, Bulgarian, Catalan, Czech, German, Greek, English, SpanishInternational, Spanish, Basque, Finnish, French, Irish, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Lithuanian, Norwegian, Dutch, NorwegianNynorsk, Polish, PortugueseBR, Portuguese, Russian, Slovak, Swedish, Ukrainian, SimpChinese) and extract files.

Multi-Users: change Profile by editing ThunderbirdPortable.ini with User=NameOfNewUser
Associated to Firefox Portable if FirefoxPortable and ThunderbirdPortable folders are in the same folder. A link clicked in a mail will be opened in Firefox Portable (don't work on Windows 8 and above).

Settings of installed Thunderbird should be preserved.

Funny thing,, I actually downloaded the installer(s) for v60.0 a couple of days ago from Mozilla's download download site (not their main website) and even as of 1 hour ago I still can't live update. It just quotes that my v52.9.1 is up to date... Guess it'll happen eventually,, although I am not so happy about a few things I have been reading about Mozilla T'bird and most likely Firefox too - seems they might be trying to make auto updating less of a user controlled feature and more totally fully auto. I set mine to "Never check for updates" because I like to make backups right before I choose to check for and install updates, so if this is true I can kiss that goodbye...

InsaneAl

9 hours ago, DjDiabolik said:

I try to do a manual check (from info) and nothigs it's be found on 52.x.x....... wtf ?

Thunderbird version 60.0 is only offered as direct download from thunderbird.net and not as upgrade from Thunderbird version 52 or earlier. A future version 60.1 will provide updates from earlier versions. If you have installed Lightning, Thunderbird's Calendar add-on, it will automatically be updated to match the new version of Thunderbird.

• 1 month later...

Well it's been 3 weeks since I downloaded the T'bird v60.0 installer and I was expecting to see a live updatable version to appear, but alas, it just hasn't happened. I was NOT too keen to install v60.0 and lose all my addons - being a fresh installer, this is exactly what would happen, wouldn't it..?? This is why you have to "fresh install", and I was right.. Yesterday I simply unpacked v60.0 installer into a folder, saved all of my v52.9.1 program files, my settings and profile, as per normal, and simply copied the unpacked v60.0 files into C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\ (after deleting the existing files of course) and fired it up. It went straight into the email server and grabbed any waiting email for me without any problems. Sure, it disabled a few older addons, it also auto updated a few others in the process, and sure there is a slightly newer,, well at least "different" layout/look to it,, but it runs flawlessly.. The one good thing about Mozilla T'bird & Firefox, is that you can copy any older version back over, overwriting the existing one, and carry on as if there was no problem, then just update again at your leisure. This, I have done several times for one reason or another..

With T'bird v60.0, it's business as usual, ready for the next round...

InsaneAl

Archived