Dont install or upgrade to CCleaner 5.45

Katzenfreund

1 hour ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

And again...

And developers usually never work for free!! Would you?

I did not replied to you so...

I don´t need your answer because I never said nothing about the rights developers have to do with their software

I never said anything about if they must to work for free or not.

I replied to Knowledge because he has some problem deleting recicly bin files, so I thought that he could have forgotten to unmark the option Only delete file in Recycle bin older than 24 hours, and maybe that's the reason why it did not work for him.

And about monitoring thing, I mentioned what I did to avoid this new "feature" running 24hours at background. I have right to don´t like it, and find a tweak to avoid it.

Many users don´t like it, if we don´t like this behaviour, we have right to avoid it, developers can do want they want to do with their software, I never said otherwise, so your reply is useless for others and for me, does not contribute to anything positive, to solve the annoyance that it causes to some users.

So, take it or leave it.

If users want to use this software but avoid some features like monitoring 24 hour, they have right to find some tweak and stop this monitoring feature at background, even if options to disable it are checked and monitoring is yet active, be a design fault or not . Developer have the right to hear feedback from users or not.

If users don´t like some feature and can´t do something to avoid it they can uninstall it, of course. or live with it. I never said anything about the rights of developers of users.

Take it easy.

• Replies 85
  • Views 7.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This is why I use the interactive firewall on ESET.  I have control over which applications can access my internet connection.  Now I always block my portable CCleaner. whenever it asks for access.

I do not understand what is or should discussed here.

• If it does not work, then it doesn't work and that's all;
  • If you are scared to collect data, block the program with firewall or with hosts file and no data collecting no more. CCleaner does not require an Internet connection so far. What is the question and why this controversy?

15 minutes ago, Kalju said:

I do not understand what is should discussed here.

• If it does not work, then it doesn't work and that's all;
  • If you are scared to collect data, block the program with firewall or with hosts file and no data collecting no more. CCleaner does not require an Internet connection so far. What is the question and why this controversy?

0.0.0.0 ipm-provider.ff.avast.com
0.0.0.0 ipm-provider.ns1.ff.avast.com
0.0.0.0 license.piriform.com
0.0.0.0 staging-web.ccleaner.com

Are these lines in the HOSTS file enough?

The better option is block CCleaner in firewall, it doesn't require  Internet connection for working.

btw, till now CCleaner is not updated in their official site. the default download is still v5.44 also filehippo website reverted the CCleaner listing to v5.43?

The name of the game now is VERSION REGRESSION.. Lots of newer versions are going nowhere...

Shouldn't we be just endorsing the BEST VERSIONS on this FORUM, not the latest and greatest 

I noticed that certain things that are supposed to be deleted aren't.. be wary.. maybe time to try another solution telemetry has been entered into this app.. It really should not have been trusted after the virus incident.. don't use another version after that... ;)

Is KCleaner any good? The developer is our friend here and is the author of SUMO

On 8/3/2018 at 8:31 AM, Israeli_Eagle said:

Clipboard02.jpg

I guess you didn't installed latest version:

cclean.jpg

Topic moved from the "Software Updates " forum

On 8/3/2018 at 4:02 PM, ARMOUR said:

... till now CCleaner is not updated in their official site. the default download is still v5.44 also filehippo website reverted the CCleaner listing to v5.43?

Yes, it's true!
That's true, version 5.45 has never been officially released. I do not know why such a controversy. Unprecedented versions have not been discussed in the past. Even beta versions are usually not discussed.

Both unnecessary and off topic content has been removed. Please refrain from the personal crap 

On 8/2/2018 at 8:34 AM, DrJohn said:

This thread is useless... or for someone using a software without understand it... ?

I don't see it as useless, unless you're a shill.

CCleaner are the same guys that were caught with malware in production, so everything they do from now on should be reviewed more carefully.

BTW: I wanted to ask everyone, which alternatives could you recommend to Ccleaner?

1 hour ago, teodz1984 said:

So we can say this thread is MUTE now...

Can we close this thread now

Wait for a new Thread or go back to 5.44

contact the forum administrator or moderator to have it closed if you want

24 minutes ago, mkc21 said:

I don't see it as useless, unless you're a shill.

CCleaner are the same guys that were caught with malware in production, so everything they do from now on should be reviewed more carefully.

BTW: I wanted to ask everyone, which alternatives could you recommend to Ccleaner?

Bleachbit, Wise Disk Cleaner - found these listed in this Techradar page

I'm glad I did not upgrade CCleaner to v5.45 and stuck with 5.44.  though I'm keeping the v5.32 version for some of my older PCs to use

8 minutes ago, erp-ster0 said:

contact the forum administrator or moderator to have it closed if you want

That is why i commented ... 'No use crying over spilt milk'..  Now that the Software Version has been pulled out from the devleoper's site

Do you use Windows 10? And do you use Android on your mobile device? If the answer to any of these questions is yes then you can safely use Ccleaner ?

All I know is I minimised it yesterday and it closed the program I didn't find anything in the program that says to check for this to happen.

I thought crap cleaner sold out to another company.

On 8/5/2018 at 2:08 AM, Stig said:

I don't find it that useful anyway. It's GONE! ?

I find it useful for quick cleanup and to manage startup programs and cookies. I am using v5.32 for these tasks. This was the last version of Ccleaner before Avast purchased it. For a more thorough cleanup I use Privazer.

Archived