India's first RISC-V based Chip is Here: Linux boots on Shakti processor!

tao

India's first RISC-V based silicon chip got success results in the design process!

Computer processors work on instruction sets, which are basically commands that tell the processor what to do. An example might be a command to move a value into memory or a command that multiples a value in one memory address with the value in another memory address.

Shakrti is a sanskrit word and it literally means Power/The Great Divine Mother.

There are two main types of processor architecture as you identified - CISC (Complex Instruction Set Computing) used by x86 processors and RISC (Reduced Instruction Set Computing) used by ARM processors.

aa.jpg

RISC based (ARM) chips tend to be used in small, low power devices such as smart phones due to their low power usage, low footprint and relatively low cost - hence their use in the Raspberry Pi.

Shakrti processor is a low-power prototype, they were interested in optimising power and area. currently, it's clocking at 400MHz, DMIPS/MHz - 1.67.

b.jpg

Will it replace 'qualcomm snapdragon 845' chip from your smartphone?

Probably not but it's a very good sign that we might see future computing devices with this indian chip.

More details can be tracked from their official twitter account: shaktiprocessor

< Here >

• Replies 6
  • Views 489
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dushyantsinh Chavda

Sorry DEAR but you two typing mistake. Word is 'SHAKTI' not 'SHAKRTI'. Yes, also our one RISHI [Ancient Saint] is 'Shakra' which create 'Shakrayaday Stuti' which means 'The great prayer (Praise) of SHAKTI (ENERGY)'.

I think you are ASIAN. You have great knowledge of INDIAN Culture.

1 hour ago, Dushyantsinh Chavda said:

Sorry DEAR but you two typing mistake. Word is 'SHAKTI' not 'SHAKRTI'. Yes, also our one RISHI [Ancient Saint] is 'Shakra' which create 'Shakrayaday Stuti' which means 'The great prayer (Praise) of SHAKTI (ENERGY)'.

Bhai (Brother) Dushyant,  I did notice the spelling errors in the article, but as they don't distract (the reader) from the theme and information of the post I didn't feel like correcting them.

Now about Rishis,  there is no rishi named Shakra.  The stuti you talk about is called "Shakradaya Stuti".  ?  

If interested, please take a look  < here >  for information about ancient Rishis.

An ancient prayer:

May All be Happy,
May All be free from illness.
May All behold the Good,
May no one Suffer.

:flowers:

[Note:  Now, we are at the razor's edge of being on topic. Thank you.]

Dushyantsinh Chavda

Yes, I really think your routs is INDIAN. Sorry for my fake information about 'Shakra'. No RISHI named 'Shakra', 'Shakra' means 'Indra', 'Shakraday Stuti' means 'Shakra: + Aadi (others)'s praise of Shakti (ENERGY)' after killed all army of Mahishashur. I always recites in Navratri, this Stuti. (A part of Chandipaath). 

I love your choise which you recite at ending. I am used to give ARDHYA to Lord SUN and recites this Prayer.

Very sorry for some walking on razor's edge. :D

9 hours ago, Dushyantsinh Chavda said:

Shakraday

Is it not "ShakraDaya"?

Dushyantsinh Chavda
On 7/31/2018 at 6:23 PM, tao said:

Is it not "ShakraDaya"?

No, it means Shakra [h(:)] means Shakra (Indra) + Aday [Adi(:)] = Shakraday, meaning Shakra: + Other Devaa: + Other Rishis.

In Sanskrit, one name recite as various form by vibhakti (various by purpose) and vachan (various by person).

[This is take lolng time but easy to learn Sanskrit Grammer! ]

Archived