[Request] Allow posting Official Publicly Released Keys.

WindowsAddict

WindowsAddict

Hi,

MS openly post the GVLK's on their site and supply the default product key list in Windows 10 ISO's.

Those keys are not the activation keys.

ten forums . com  which is strictly a legal forum also post these keys in public.

When key releaser company intend to keep it public, then there's no point that nsane forums should hide those keys.

I request the admins here to allow posting gvlk's and default product key in public.

Thanks. :)

• Replies 8
  • Views 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Totally agree with you bro, not only M$ shows its keys. Also, Kaspersky, and many AV companies :S 

OP, Most people post key here as ff:

• LINKS to official sites that tell the default values (how hard is it to post a link like 
    • Site: https://www.tenforums.com
    • Sharecode: /tutorials/95922-generic-product-keys-install-windows-10-editions.html
  • the keys in a pastebin like site.. (is the standard parctice even vertans like november rain have been doing for years), then sharecode it?
    • Site: https://pastebin.com
    • Sharecode: /pG8xNKfU

STARTING A TREND OF PUBLICLY POST KEYS is bad karma to any forum especially for LiCENSED SOFTWARE... Soon your site will blacklisted as a malware and phishing site

2 hours ago, WindowsAddict said:

I request the admins here to allow posting gvlk's and default product key in public.

Thanks. :)

. . . . . . you can — there's no need to obfuscate legal stuff (one can just leave a little note of clarification next to the link.)

WindowsAddict
17 minutes ago, teodz1984 said:

STARTING A TREND OF PUBLICLY POST KEYS is bad karma to any forum especially for LiCENSED SOFTWARE... Soon your site will blacklisted as a malware and phishing site

Even when the keys are 100% legal to post?

18 minutes ago, teodz1984 said:

OP, Most people post key here as ff:

• LINKS to official sites that tell the default values (how hard is it to post a link like 
    • Site: https://www.tenforums.com
    • Sharecode: /tutorials/95922-generic-product-keys-install-windows-10-editions.html
  • the keys in a pastebin like site.. (is the standard parctice even vertans like november rain have been doing for years), then sharecode it?
    • Site: https://pastebin.com
    • Sharecode: /pG8xNKfU

It's about unnecessary rules and extra burden of posting legal keys on other site and and extra work for member's to edit screenshot when posting any tool's info.

i'm not saying it is complicated but i'm saying that it can be avoided "safely"  in case of 100% legal keys.

It starts a precedent... First LEGAL Keys, then someone starts posting other keys...  

THEN someone will post ILLEGAL KEYS saying someone posted some keys on the forums under false pretense. (can you vouch for these people?) Note even under a guest account... posts are viewable. and Webs spiders can look for key patterns ...

As dcs 18 said it is within the guidelines to post legal keys however many new members (and some older ones) may not be as computer proficient as others. Those members may notice visible keys and believe its ok to post them openly and they often do. Because we are an open forum and most topics can be viewed also by non members, those keys get blacklisted very quickly. I imagine software companies track such actions also.  As for the staff having to verify the legality of keys every time doesn't make much sense. We already have a very large caseload and that would consume to much of our time, taking away time needed elsewhere  When large threads are created we usually leave it up to the "Topic Author" to verify whether his/her thread is acceptable and we rely on members to report any problems. Your idea makes plenty cents @WindowsAddict however not all members read the instructions. Some don't speak the language.  So basically it makes common cents to have one rule that's clear for everyone and avoids problems.

6 minutes ago, Crazycanuk said:

As dcs 18 said it is within the guidelines to post legal keys however many new members (and some older ones) may not be as computer proficient as others. Those members may notice visible keys and believe its ok to post them openly and they often do. Because we are an open forum and most topics can be viewed also by non members, those keys get blacklisted very quickly. I imagine software companies track such actions also.  As for the staff having to verify the legality of keys every time doesn't make much sense. We already have a very large caseload and that would consume to much of our time, taking away time needed elsewhere  When large threads are created we usually leave it up to the "Topic Author" to verify whether his/her thread is acceptable and we rely on members to report any problems. Your idea makes plenty cents @WindowsAddict however not all members read the instructions. Some don't speak the language.  So basically it makes common cents to have one rule that's clear for everyone and avoids problems.

CC: @Matt
We could make a workaround(without the need to upload/convert to links manually) for keys kind of sharecode system. May be some button in editor/auto convert the keys to links or hide from searches.

WindowsAddict
14 minutes ago, teodz1984 said:

It starts a precedent... First LEGAL Keys, then someone starts posting other keys...  

THEN someone will post ILLEGAL KEYS saying someone posted some keys on the forums under false pretense. (can you vouch for these people?) Note even under a guest account... posts are viewable. and Webs spiders can look for key patterns ...

10 minutes ago, Crazycanuk said:

yeah i guess, it'll also overload the work of mods to see every time if key is legal or not, and its quite possible that many member's will start posting (abusing)  illegal keys under the false pretense. 

so i suppose now that its overall good for forum to have one rule to not post keys in public.

thread is solved now. (for me)  :)

Archived