[India] Supersonic cruise missile BrahMos successfully test fired

tao

Supersonic cruise missile BrahMos was on Monday successfully test fired from the Integrated Test Range at Chandipur. 

The missile was launched at about 10.15am from the launch complex three of the ITR and successfully flew in its pre-set trajectory meeting its mission objectives, Defence Research and Development sources said.

Monday's test launch comes close on the heels of two trials of BrahMos missile conducted on May 21 and 22 this year in which the major sub-systems manufactured indigenously under the 'Make in India' campaign were tested, they said.

Through this spate of trials the critical indigenous components including fuel management system and other non-metallic airframe components have qualified to form part of the missile, the sources said.

The missile was successfully test fired on May 21 from the ITR as part of service life extension programme.

“The life extension test firing of BrahMos was conducted from a Static Inclined Launcher, proving the efficacy and longevity of the system which was witnessed by scientists,” the sources had earlier said.

BrahMos is a joint venture between DRDO and the NPOM of Russia. The highly versatile BrahMos has been operationalised in the Indian Army, Indian Navy and Indian Air Force.

BrahMos has established itself as a major force multiplier in modern-day complex battlefields with its impeccable land-attack, anti-ship capabilities with multi-role and multi-platform abilities.

< Here >

• Replies 11
  • Views 932
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sad that a country with so many people living in abject poverty can find money to spend on advanced weaponry.???

When all countries join hands for no weapon except pistols and destroy all they have in a procedural method with no new weapons designed/manufactured, then there would be no source for terrorists to get weapons and no black market sale and no war btw countries. After few years post this, people can roam freely across the world without passport, tracking, security and no military/army/defence

21 minutes ago, vissha said:

When all countries join hands for no weapon except pistols and destroy all they have in a procedural method with no new weapons designed/manufactured, then there would be no source for terrorists to get weapons and no black market sale and no war btw countries. After few years post this, people can roam freely across the world without passport, tracking, security and no military/army/defence

• Administrator
On 7/17/2018 at 10:53 AM, funkyy said:

Sad that a country with so many people living in abject poverty can find money to spend on advanced weaponry.???

I'm trying my best to not take away the topic from it's subject but just a small thing as this issue is raised. Please read this, this and this - do see the graph on it. Basically, all of them say the same thing - they are of the same news, but it's quite a good thing I think.

1 hour ago, DKT27 said:

Please read this, this and this - do see the graph on it.

Except for the post above, I'd have never come across this stereotype-breaking information.  Much obliged. 

3 hours ago, DKT27 said:

I'm trying my best to not take away the topic from it's subject but just a small thing as this issue is raised. Please read this, this and this - do see the graph on it. Basically, all of them say the same thing - they are of the same news, but it's quite a good thing I think.

DKT27, I don't dispute that it is indeed a good thing that India's poverty numbers have decreased, but it still has 70 something million people living in extreme poverty while the country spends untold millions of Rupees/dollars on a supersonic cruise missile instead of on other areas like health, education, housing for example. Like I said in another post, if a country has super rich people it should not have people living in abject poverty. I am not against people being rich, wealthy, well off, I just feel that no-one in a country that has a rich elite should be without the basic requirements for a decent life i.e. food, education, health service, home and OPPORTUNITY to improve their standard of life.???

2 hours ago, tao said:

Except for the post above, I'd have never come across this stereotype-breaking information.  Much obliged. 

I can't be happy/content that more than 70 million Indians still live in abject poverty!! That's a tragedy.???

• Administrator
On 7/19/2018 at 2:33 AM, tao said:

Well, I have many such instances of information available that I can share, while being completely non-political about it. Still, I think our forums is not the place to discuss these things as it's not the main subject of it.

On 7/19/2018 at 4:54 AM, funkyy said:

DKT27, I don't dispute that it is indeed a good thing that India's poverty numbers have decreased, but it still has 70 something million people living in extreme poverty while the country spends untold millions of Rupees/dollars on a supersonic cruise missile instead of on other areas like health, education, housing for example. Like I said in another post, if a country has super rich people it should not have people living in abject poverty. I am not against people being rich, wealthy, well off, I just feel that no-one in a country that has a rich elite should be without the basic requirements for a decent life i.e. food, education, health service, home and OPPORTUNITY to improve their standard of life.???

I can't be happy/content that more than 70 million Indians still live in abject poverty!! That's a tragedy.???

I completely agree there. But there are reasons such weapons are required - the country has been in a war with two countries before and just in case the diplomacy founders, the show of strength is a deterrent against any war - as it's the case with nuclear weapons, as finally, these weapons are not for someone else but for the protection of people of the country, rich and poor I think.

Again, I'm afraid we are discussing too much of all this. I do not want to get into all these discussions which are not either in the main subject nor the interest of the forums.

2 hours ago, DKT27 said:

discussions which are not either in the main subject nor the interest of the forums. 

We can avoid discussions, but as long as there is a news group here I'd welcome such articles (as the three links in your post above) so that we can keep abreast of changes taking place in our world; also this is the main reason I post news, including medical news.  Software tools do not have as much impact on humanity as much as what humans are doing to pull people out of poverty, what are new potential technologies affecting us, our environment, and so on.  And there is no contradiction with people getting the tools they like and reading news about the latest developments that affect humans.  To each to his liking.

Again, avoiding unnecessary and unproductive discussions is easy.  Also discussions produce heat but any and all information lightens our path.

Thank you. :flowers:

[PS -- And you need not give any reason why any country will develop tools to defend itself.  Thank you.  ?]

o.k. DTK27, let's all just agree that poverty anywhere in the world is something we would all want to disappear.???

2 hours ago, funkyy said:

let's all just agree

Poverty may always exist.

Let's do what we can do as an individual: treat each person poor or rich the same -- as a fellow traveler on the mother-ship earth.  Great luck!   :flowers:

Dushyantsinh Chavda
11 hours ago, funkyy said:

o.k. DTK27, let's all just agree that poverty anywhere in the world is something we would all want to disappear.???

Yes, and I think you should search about INDIA's expenses on Defense. It is we must because our neighbours. [I don't want give any name.] INDIA have 'no attack policy' & 'No violent' culture from GANDHIJI, it is in our roots. If we have no vicious neighbours, we have not reason for expense on defense. If this is possible, our growth is touch the sky.

Second time, INDIA never attack/s on any country. [If you have some information, please check on the neutral net.]

Sorry, if you hurt, but INDIA is not stand from 1947, it is a thousand years culture [best words is -  system of being human] which still developed as the conditions. 

I don't intend to hurt anyone, no one wear his cap by measure [which I mentioned here].

At the last, corruption is our main reason of poverty.

:beg: if any one hurt. This is not a political topics.

Archived