uTorrent 3.5.4 Build 44498

Matt

• Replies 39
  • Views 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can someone Please help me, lately every time I want to Exit my uTorrent, it just freeze.  I open task manager to end it's process I won't shut down either.  I also tried install older version or newest version It sill the same problem.  All I can do is restart my computer.  I did scan with Avast and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware found nothing.  Thank you.

T3rM1nat0Rr3
10 hours ago, Trinh said:

...every time I want to Exit my uTorrent, it just freeze...

Are you still using Windows 7?

How many, if any, active torrents do you have?

Are you, or have you tried using, µTorrent's default settings?

You could try:

Create a New Folder.

Put in it a copy of uTorrent.exe (the 1.89 MB file) and also an empty settings.dat file (a blank text document called settings.dat, and not settings.dat.txt).

Launch uTorrent.exe (the one that's in the new folder).

If that set up works and uTorrent does close without freezing then - obviously - your current configuration is at fault somehow.

this time I will not add a mirror for links, it is still preferred by most, although there are more alternatives.

53 minutes ago, T3rM1nat0Rr3 said:

Are you still using Windows 7?

How many, if any, active torrents do you have?

Are you, or have you tried using, µTorrent's default settings?

You could try:

Create a new folder.

Put in it a copy of uTorrent.exe (the 1.89 MB file) and also an empty settings.dat file (a blank text document called setting.dat will do).

Launch uTorrent.exe (the one that's in the new folder).

If that set up works and uTorrent does close without freezing then - obviously - your current configuration is at fault somehow.

Yes, I am using Win 7.  I will try it later.

I tried install qtorrent, I can exit it fine.  But when I open it, it did not show up,  but I see it running in task manager.  I tried to end it's process, it did not stop.  So I have to restart my computer.  It just happen couple days lately, do you guy think my laptop infected.  Thank You.

9 minutes ago, Trinh said:

Yes, I am using Win 7.  I will try it later.

I tried install qtorrent, I can exit it fine.  But when I open it, it did not show up,  but I see it running in task manager.  I tried to end it's process, it did not stop.  So I have to restart my computer.  It just happen couple days lately, do you guy think my laptop infected.  Thank You.

Maybe, im on windows 7 x64 and i havent had problem

On 7/15/2018 at 2:33 AM, Trinh said:

Can someone Please help me, lately every time I want to Exit my uTorrent, it just freeze.  I open task manager to end it's process I won't shut down either.  I also tried install older version or newest version It sill the same problem.  All I can do is restart my computer.  I did scan with Avast and Malwarebytes Anti-Malware found nothing.  Thank you.

I was experiencing exactly the same issue til I solved the problem early today. Uninstall µTorrent using an uninstaller (ex. Total Uninstall or Revo Uninstaller) and restart the computer. Then install the official version (the one that is almost 3 Mb in size) and everything will be fine.  Be careful not to install the additional software that is bundled with the official installer. I found out that installing the core of µTorrent (the binary part that is almost 2 Mb in size) is the cause of the problem. Hope this will help you.

1 hour ago, Sandman said:

I was experiencing exactly the same issue til I solved the problem early today. Uninstall µTorrent using an uninstaller (ex. Total Uninstall or Revo Uninstaller) and restart the computer. Then install the official version (the one that is almost 3 Mb in size) and everything will be fine.  Be careful not to install the additional software that is bundled with the official installer. I found out that installing the core of µTorrent (the binary part that is almost 2 Mb in size) is the cause of the problem. Hope this will help you.

Thank you for your reply.  I did install the official version, and I did decline the additional software, but somehow when I open Total Uninstall I still see it there so I have to uninstall it.  My problem still happen, I think because I copy the crack ad-free to replace it.  Now I feel release, not because of Virus, the problem come from uTorrent.

• 3 weeks later...
TheEmpathicEar

Network Status == Orange triangle - "no incoming connections have been received yet". Port forwarding is set in my xfinity gateway. My VPN [TorGuard] is active. I stop the torrent and exit utorrent. Now, I exit my VPN. I restart utorrent and start the torrent again. Now, I reactivate my VPN. Finally, I get the green circle with check mark - "everything is fine, and you are receiving incoming connections"

What is happening? Why am only getting the green light after doing all this?

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Plexxor said:

uTorrentPRO Portable 3.5.5.44954 Stable Lite & Full FoxxApp

It's totally ridiculous to drag up this ancient topic from July.

A brand new topic for 3.5.5.44594 was started yesterday...

@Plexxor please stop spamming old threads it just causes confusion and is against the rules ...New thread for each version....

Archived