Giveaway Section

tarekma7

The giveaway section is a complete mess with some giveaways, contests, personal giveaways, concluded topics, live topics and android giveaways

It is difficult to follow any topic

I suggest to be arranged with a admin/moderator responsible for arrangement of topics and member contact with the developers

Also, the section needs rules for starting giveaways, duration, winners....

• Replies 10
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
jayesh30202

To some extent i do agree with you. Once the giveaways have ended, the topic author should contact the staff to close that topic. Recently i am seeing many giveaway topics are still kept opened even after the winners for the giveaway/contest have been announced. 

38 minutes ago, tarekma7 said:

Do suggest the rules which can make the giveaways/contests more interesting. Have seen your giveaways in other forums too and you can help in making the "giveaway section" into a better one.

khanyash

Under Giveaways, there should be Sub-Forums, Official Giveaways, Personal Giveaways, External Giveaways, etc.

I can help in the giveway section if the Staff here accept to start a Full giveaway section with some subsections and new rules

We will have a good active forum section

I have spoken to @DKT27 about this to some extent.  I raised the issue that the Contests should have a separate section because @Myna ,  @Mattand @yashkhan have done a great job at holding these contests. He agreed and informed me that he does realize that the Contests should have their own section and also that the contests need their own set of rules and everyone (staff)  has been busy so that has been put on hold.

6 hours ago, tarekma7 said:

There are rules already in place for that. And are decided after I and DKT27 talked about it. Anything new you'd like to suggest? 

5 hours ago, jayesh30202 said:

To some extent i do agree with you. Once the giveaways have ended, the topic author should contact the staff to close that topic. Recently i am seeing many giveaway topics are still kept opened even after the winners for the giveaway/contest have been announced. 

There's a reason for that. In almost all the giveaways, many participants fails to claim their license. So I have to post a new post announcing the new winners. This can go up to 7-14days. So I don't ask the mods/admin to close it. And after so namy days, it doesn't really matter. 

5 hours ago, Dino101 said:

He agreed and informed me that he does realize that the Contests should have their own section and also that the contests need their own set of rules and everyone (staff)  has been busy so that has been put on hold.

We do need a different section as of now. At first it was decided that I'll do only a couple of giveaways at a time to keep that section clean. But once yashkhan started his giveaways things started to pile up. 

4 hours ago, yashkhan said:

Under Giveaways, there should be Sub-Forums, Official Giveaways, Personal Giveaways, External Giveaways, etc.

Nah. That'd be way too many Sub-Forums. I think a section named NsaneForums Giveaway could include both official contests and the personal giveaways. We can have another Sub-Forum for Android and iOS. Windows software giveaways could be kept just the way it is. 

khanyash

A separate section for official and personal giveaways would be good. Currently, official and personal giveaways get lost in the sea of external giveaways. You have to message Staff to pin the giveaways. A separate section would be clean, easy to follow and manage the giveaways.

• Administrator

I think most of the above is answered by the members itself.

Just to add on things. First, it's not possible to have a sub-section decided for specific OSes, for that, you will have to stick to mention them in the title. Second, I do not think personal giveaways are giveaways, they are more like contests and contests need another section. For that Dino101 has answered already above it.

However, if someone is willing to contribute or help us write the rules for the contest section, similar to the rules what the Giveaways section has, then we can release the contest section faster. Having said, the contest section will require some strict rules otherwise it will be up for misuse I think.

4 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

However, if someone is willing to contribute or help us write the rules for the contest section, similar to the rules what the Giveaways section has, then we can release the contest section faster. Having said, the contest section will require some strict rules otherwise it will be up for misuse I think.

I've no problem in helping with the rules. I'll write it down and send it to you for further deliberations. 

The giveaway section is again a complete mess. Very difficult to find any contest or winners. 

Please separate the giveaway from the contests section

Archived