Simplewall 2.3.2 + Internet Download Manager = a problem

Dushyantsinh Chavda

Dushyantsinh Chavda

I am newbie user of simplewall. I am very impressive by simplewall.

But now I noticed that my idm block in chrome when wall is running.

When I disable filtering and restart chrome that IDM work. [Chrome and IDM have latest version.]

Note Even after disable filtering but chrome not restarted IDM not worked, IDM panel just freeze which is seen but not clickable.

I have add allowed apps --> idman.exe and iemonitor.exe  in the filter / list.

So, please help me which process necessary for download from internet which I unblock from simplewall.

NB : I have used ESET. ESET never problem with IDM. This is simplewall problem.

I have already posted this problem at :

Home --> News --> Software News --> Software Updates --> simplewall 2.3.2

So, sorry in advanced. 

• Replies 16
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dushyantsinh Chavda
2 hours ago, Greed93 said:

You've to allow explorer.exe in order to make IDM work

Thank Greed93 it is worked.

I always block explorer.exe when I use AVG internet suite - firewall. But now ESET firewall, I cant understand its work method. So, I block all unneccessory exe with simplewall and that why I block explorer.exe. [I think, this blockage is result of inboud / outbout rules.]

But anyway, problem is solved.

?

I found explorer.exe only needs to have one rule added:  Allow 127.0.0.1

this fixes the IDM problem (and others) while not allowing explorer.exe full access.

16 hours ago, Dushyantsinh Chavda said:
19 hours ago, Greed93 said:

You've to allow explorer.exe in order to make IDM work

Thank Greed93 it is worked.

I always block explorer.exe when I use AVG internet suite - firewall. But now ESET firewall, I cant understand its work method. So, I block all unneccessory exe with simplewall and that why I block explorer.exe. [I think, this blockage is result of inboud / outbout rules.]

But anyway, problem is solved.

?

Not sure about Chrome — however, with Firefox ESR . . . . . . Explorer.exe seems to bear no relevance in the functioning of IDM. yXZVmpE.gif

1 hour ago, xpkRAKE said:

this fixes the IDM problem (and others) while not allowing explorer.exe full access.

I have blocked Explorer.exe completely without any issue — IDM works perfectly fine on my Firefox ESR.

17 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

I have blocked Explorer.exe completely without any issue

-when you block explorer.exe completely can you still download from ftp sites?

-can you still look for MS updates?

-Do you block in hosts or by firewall? If blocked in hosts what lines do you add? If blocked in firewall what are the exact rules?

Dushyantsinh Chavda
17 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Not sure about Chrome — however, with Firefox ESR . . . . . . Explorer.exe seems to bear no relevance in the functioning of IDM. yXZVmpE.gif

I have blocked Explorer.exe completely without any issue — IDM works perfectly fine on my Firefox ESR.

Thanks dcs18, but its is not worked for chrome. I allowed explorer.exe in simplewall.

One thing I say that IDM working awkwardly after latest update of v. 6.31 (v. 6.30 have no problem). Yes, before I use simplewall first time, a lot of problem of IDM 6.31; like, it shown right click menu but when you click - a message said that you have no proper (extension) installation in chrome, go to our page of how to install it in chrome. Some time panel not worked.

May be, that is a problem of cr**k or rep**k of IDM. Maybe, it is a IDM bug.

18 minutes ago, Skunk1966 said:
41 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

-when you block explorer.exe completely can you still download from ftp sites?

-can you still look for MS updates?

-Do you block in hosts or by firewall? If blocked in hosts what lines do you add? If blocked in firewall what are the exact rules?

-Yes, do recollect having downloaded from FTP with IDM, in the past — just to be sure hope someone can post a FTP link for me to try again and re-confirm

-Microsoft Update (at least, in my case) is not downloaded with IDM — hence, have never faced any issue updating my Windows

-I use a firewall (Windows Firewall Control — WFC) — the block rule for Explorer.exe is as follows:—

9I6FAzz.png

13 minutes ago, Dushyantsinh Chavda said:

May be, that is a problem of cr**k or rep**k of IDM. Maybe, it is a IDM bug.

Yep, quite possible (good point) — in my case, I use cleaner solutions which after the one-time implementation, do not have to be repeated . . . ever:--

Dushyantsinh Chavda
3 hours ago, xpkRAKE said:

I am not a technical person of software, so please guide me to how allow 127.0.0.1.

I attached simplewall rules form, so please help me to which word I type in form and which setting I applied.

Thanks in advanced.

Other smart guys are also welcomed.

Desktop 08-Jul-18 12-44-09 PM-89.png

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

just to be sure hope someone can post a FTP link for me to try again and re-confirm

pm me and I'll reply with address and login!

EDIT: tested ftp links with traffic disabled (but without IDM!) and it works

6 hours ago, Dushyantsinh Chavda said:

I am not a technical person of software, so please guide me to how allow 127.0.0.1.

I attached simplewall rules form, so please help me to which word I type in form and which setting I applied.

Thanks in advanced.

Other smart guys are also welcomed.

Desktop 08-Jul-18 12-44-09 PM-89.png

1.png

Or you can enable "allow loopback connections for all" in settings if it's easier for you.

6 hours ago, dcs18 said:

I've just tried and the rule is necessary for Firefox 61 in simplewall as well. But it is not needed in WFC.

Dushyantsinh Chavda
1 hour ago, Greed93 said:

1.png

Or you can enable "allow loopback connections for all" in settings if it's easier for you.

SIR, you are very helpful person, ya. ?

I wish every nsaner have this attitude and every nsaner respect other nsaner's country. 

Hate politics not country, because country is a culture which developed decade by decade. It is a process of being man from animal.

||  Vasudhaiv Kutumbakam ||   [The whole world is a family.]

5 hours ago, Skunk1966 said:
6 hours ago, dcs18 said:

-Yes, do recollect having downloaded from FTP with IDM, in the past — just to be sure hope someone can post a FTP link for me to try again and re-confirm

pm me and I'll reply with address and login!

EDIT: tested ftp links with traffic disabled (but without IDM!) and it works

Sound good, Skunk1966 — I'm guessing you may no longer require a PM . . . . if you still do, let me know and I'll mark you one.

1 hour ago, Greed93 said:
7 hours ago, dcs18 said:

I've just tried and the rule is necessary for Firefox 61 in simplewall as well. But it is not needed in WFC.

On legacy copies of Firefox, IDM uses the idmmzcc2.xpi add-on and on WebExtension builds, it uses idmmzcc3.xpi for its integration.

On Firefox (WebExtension) IDM seems to communicate with the browser transmit through Websocket and it seems likely that it must be using Explorer.exe toward this purpose — can't confirm my hypothesis since I'm running Firefox (legacy.)

One way or the other, this issue has fired-up my interest.

8 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Sound good, Skunk1966 — I'm guessing you may no longer require a PM . . . . if you still do, let me know and I'll mark you one.

If you still need/want to test if it works with IDM we can do that (I don't use IDM myself but in theory it should make no difference)

Archived