links viewed by non members

Matrix

Hi admin not sure if this has been talked about before but this is giving me the shits when I post links for a topic I am finding for example I may have like 50 views on our forum but when I check my actual download link there can be hundreds of downloads

so clearly visitors are making up most of these numbers.

I am not happy to share with non members can we think about making links viewable by members only like other forums do I think it is a reasonable request but I mite be wrong thanks for your time.

Regards  DonyMach1

P.S because of this I delete links after a few days 

• Replies 11
  • Views 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For example I posted a link for the latest WinRar I came across a post years ago for a Nsane forum reg key that still works within three days over 400 downloads took place for this key 

There was not even close to that many views for this topic

I am here to share with like minded people in our community not the world

• Administrator

These forums are public not private. When I started joining this site I started as a guest, but I felt selfish that everyone sharing their work and knowledge and I don't. I registered my account, and I have started sharing with members and non members my knowledge. I think you should be happy that you've people who like your work and download it hundreds time.

1 hour ago, Matt said:

These forums are public not private. When I started joining this site I started as a guest, but I felt selfish that everyone sharing their work and knowledge and I don't. I registered my account, and I have started sharing with members and non members my knowledge. I think you should be happy that you've people who like your work and download it hundreds time.

Thanks Matt the concept of public forums is new to me as i am also relatively new to Nsane almost six months now and i love it great people and informative content i was refered here by a friend.
Can you please explain to me the benifits of being an open forum surely its not to gain more members because that would be achieved far more effectively by being private.
Please forgive me i am not trying to cause any problems i am just asking the question.

21 hours ago, straycat19 said:
On 7/6/2018 at 1:18 PM, DonyMach1 said:

P.S because of this I delete links after a few days 

And thank you for not sharing.  I really appreciate all the dead links.  Why don't you go somewhere else if you don't like it here.

That sounded unfairly harsh — at least, the chap has the heart to share before he deletes his links.

From the legal POV, not everyone is comfortable with their (incriminating) downloads reaching into wrong hands.

it HAS been discussed in.. 2007-8? (do not remember at all the name of the topic)

file hosts, possibility to trace posters, identities, etc, but that is what it is, altruistic contribution, good will of members makes this forum like no other ;) 

3 hours ago, straycat19 said:

If you dont like what a member post why dont you do the sharing ? if you  think you can do better ,People like you who act like anti piracy is a prefect example of why i never ever shared many warez links on no open board even the 5 years i uploaded in the past before i stopped, i done  95%  of it on  closed sites.  Most likely the links are dead because you reported them !  Why dont you go out and buy usenet or a premium service?  So you don't have to depend on leeching free links from them who go out of there way to provide them , you should be thankful some people even still do it for free,  i can go download warez from any site almost .

There is no forum that requires anyone to post warez some of them require you post but it dont matter what you post it could be freeware because if it did 90% of the members here would be gone.  People like you make me laugh you talk about sharing  when you're the leecher.

What benefit do i get out of posting warez links on and open site? but having to deal with software DEVs , anti piracy and board trolls. Open sites on the internet are magnets for this kind of visitors and members.  Then other warez posters on blogs and other forums get paid for risking there butt... Software piracy is a  $63 Billion a year black market ..It makes  way more than movie and music piracy does combined . And people wonder why I retired from it.  Even the military  does it they buy some software and  install it on all there computers using the same key.

20 minutes ago, teodz1984 said:

When you share your FILES HERE..  They are out for the world to enjoy...

That is how nsane works.

? really???

:D

straycat19
19 hours ago, dcs18 said:

That sounded unfairly harsh — at least, the chap has the heart to share before he deletes his links.

From the legal POV, not everyone is comfortable with their (incriminating) downloads reaching into wrong hands.

Back in the 90s and 00s I was a MOD on two different boards, not with this username, and spent hours deleting non working links, because we kept our boards clean and didn't waste members time trying links that no longer worked.  And if no one has figured it out yet, 99.44% of everything posted on here is leeched from other sites.

19 hours ago, steven36 said:

i can go download warez from any site almost .

I do.  It is always best to get it from the original source, not a generic distribution site.  I don't post stuff that is readily available on other sites but I have posted old items that may not be available any more that I have in my collection.  If people want to run warez that is their business.

19 hours ago, steven36 said:

People like you make me laugh you talk about sharing  when you're the leecher.

Laugh your ass off.  I don't need to leech.  I buy all my software that I want and donate to a lot of the freeware authors.  But I do like to see new freeware, and there is always something I haven't seen posted here, and I do like to test a full version of software before I buy it.  And if that means using a crack I found here or somewhere else, then that is fine too.  And yes, I don't like warez.  It creates huge security problems not only for the user of it but for anyone who might get a file that is infected from that users system.  Which is why I only test software in a VM.  If calling me names makes you happy then I hope an old angry man like you is just ecstatic.

• Administrator

We are going into something beyond regular and adult discussions. Topic closed. 

• Matt locked this topic
  • Administrator

Just a small thing to add. There can be two reasons behind it. One is, download managers download the same file more than few times and split them while being downloaded - this not only increases the load on the file hosting sites - that's why some sites used to ban download managers but also gives wrong download count on the hosted file. The second possibility is that the link is posted / shared elsewhere on the internet there.

Archived