Waterfox 56.2.2

Karamjit

Waterfox is a 64-bit version of Firefox. Waterfox is modified version of the Firefox source code specifically for machines running 64-bit versions of Windows. Software designed for 64-bit Windows editions can take advantage of faster RAM and processing speeds and greater stability in 64-bit systems. Just converting Mozilla's source code for 64-bit Windows isn't enough, Waterfox takes it to another level with unique tweaks which help it exploit the speed of 64-bit systems. Waterfox is made with one thing in mind: speed. Waterfox offers 100% Firefox Add-on Compatibility and 64-bit Plugin Support.

Thanks to vissha for the update.

Download

• Replies 6
  • Views 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This version seems to have trouble with uBlock Origin since it always crashes when i open uBlock`s dashboard and additionally when visiting some sites containing blacklisted domains like, for example,  www.dpbolvw.net.

On 7/8/2018 at 8:36 PM, Happiness said:

This version seems to have trouble with uBlock Origin since it always crashes when i open uBlock`s dashboard and additionally when visiting some sites containing blacklisted domains like, for example,  www.dpbolvw.net.

www.dpbolvw.net appears to be a redirect to cj.com which is officially blocked by many many things like uBo.

In respect to your crash, I can confirm that opening the uBo dashboard works fine here with my officially installed (not portable) version of WaterFox 56.2.1 (64-bit) - i notice this thread is 56.2.2 - but the updater in WF is not presenting this as an option - yet, so you may want to downgrade ;)

I did downgrade since dysfunctional ad/script blockers are a No Go for me. Apart from that the d/l of the OP seems "technically" OK as it is digitally signed and shows no suspicious behavior. Btw you can manipulate the above link to d/l older versions , e.g. 56.2.1 and they are absolutely identical compared to the official source.

Maybe this source is a repository for beta testers or whatever. It´s not official but it´s also not dubious or dangerous.

Expecting miracles and super powers from new updates, on the other hand, might also be ridiculous and naive. Patience is a virtue for a reason...

Edit: New test build released by the author of Waterfox, Alex Kontos, addressing aforementioned issues. Link:

Zip-file ! Must be manually extracted into Waterfox folder.

...or just wait until the official installer is released on the Waterfox site...

Waterfox 56.2.2 Test Build (Windows) - NEW

Quote from Waterfox Author MrAlex94:

Hey all,

Quite a few security and reliability updates in this build. Could you all please test and let me know of any issues. Note: Some websites managed to download preliminary builds, they are NOT working well, please do not use them.

Download

Most important tests are anything relating to HTTP connections and service workers (please see if you can still reproduce corrupt content).

Next importance is add-ons, if you see any changes. uBlock Origin as an example wouldn't allow access to the dashboard, but this build should resolve that issue as well.

I am only releasing the Windows build as I've been extensively testing the *nix builds myself and torture them fairly well ?.

As a side note, the classic add-on archive is currently in the process of being uploaded completely! Should take a whole day I imagine.

Archived