[Request] Increase in PM Inbox Storage for Veterans & Mods*/Staff* | Download and Backup Feature

vissha

We are aware of the recent additions/fixes/updates to the forum by @Matt. We thank him for his responsible work.

Nsane Team/Admins, we request for an upgrade to PM Inbox sotage limit by 50 or more for vetarans/Mods*/Staff*. I've already requested several times in PM to Admins in the last few years. However, it was considered but never implemented. Hence, I post this request thread on behalf of all nsane veterans/Mods*/Staff*.

The reason it can be implemented: We have several threads/posts/rsu posted daily. Every thread can have multiple comments. All require storage. If that can be done, why can't we increase storage by 50 to 4 Mods* / 5 Staff* & Few Thousands of Veterans?

Nsaners/Mods/Staff please support this request and add your suggestions to this thread to make this happen.

* Mods/Staff included in request only if they currently have the same limit as veterans. If they already have any special limit, then they are not included in this request.

Request Update with more info:

Update - Admin Reply:

Update - My Reply to Admin:

Reply from Admin:

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

We will see about it later my friend. 

• vissha changed the title to [Request] Increase in PM Inbox Storage for Veterans & Mods*/Staff*
  • Replies 17
  • Views 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dean213

While I welcome an increase in PM Inbox Storage, I must say that I am disappointed that your request is  limited to just Veterans & Mods/Staff. Essentially what I am trying to say is that any increase or consideration of same should be applicable for all members of the nsane community.  I am sure there members that are not veterans, mods/staff that receive an overwhelming amount of messages in their inbox because they contribute equally or even more to this forum than the aforementioned designation.  We should unify members in this community and not not create distinctions at whim.

The above submission is certainly not an attack against the OP or the Veterans & Mods/Staff . It is just that when something is unfair or an issue that I disagree with, I like to speak up and voice myself in a cordial manner. Thank you for the platform. :)

8 hours ago, Dino101 said:

While I welcome an increase in PM Inbox Storage, I must say that I am disappointed that your request is  limited to just Veterans & Mods/Staff. Essentially what I am trying to say is that any increase or consideration of same should be applicable for all members of the nsane community.

@Dino101 Here is why I specified veterans:
When u move to VIP category, there is an increase in PM inbox storage limit. However, there is no increase for VIP->Veteran promotion. Which makes it harder for Veterans to help nsaners. Also, you might've noticied most ppl disabled messenger/nsaners unable to send PM to certain veterans; this is mostly due to the sole reason that their Inbox storage is full; since they have all wanted/necessary conversations, they couldn't delete it to save space.
Also, To ease the issue, I've requested multiple times for backup/download of PM Inbox conversations feature for years and nsane team responded that it is not in IPB features and it'll be hard to make that option. If this option is enabled, important closed conversations can be backed-up/downloaded and the conversation in nsane can be deleted creating storage space.

I'm not against other members. However, all veterans traveled mostly the same path as other members->vip->veteran->...

Hope u/all other nsaners would understand it now. If anyone still don't, they should ask long time nsaners specially contributors like @dcs18@november_ra1nand many others.

• Administrator

i have told you that I will see what we can do about it after we finish from the donation in order to see are we able to move to better server or not. You have to wait. Also, I wounder why you are keeping old msgs in your inbox?!!

3 minutes ago, Matt said:

i have told you that I will see what we can do about it after we finish from the donation in order to are we able to move to better server or not. You have to wait. Also, I wounder why you are keeping old msgs in your inbox?!!

Yes, you have said that and we would wait. However, there is no recent request thread for this feature/increase. Hence, I posted it. Please don't misunderstand that I'm doing in rage.

Why there is a personal messenger in nsane? It is to converse important/private matter. Do u think it is just for fixes/giveaway+contest/nsane team communicate/convey to nsaners? I don't think so.
The download feature would be helpful in creating space for all and if done, the increase can be reduced to 30 or more for veterans with wait time/gradual increase every few months.

Imagine the situation of my inbox. Lol.... What I do is take a screenshot of the most important part of the conversation and then delete it. 

• Administrator

I must mention, what people do not know is that unlike computers that people use, the storage available on servers is relatively quite limited. In that limited amount of space, we need to fit the OS, server related softwares, site related files and in this case forum related posts. This means more space is required on the server to deal with extra inbox space. Any small increase in the inbox space needs to be multiplied by the number of members or active members for that matter. For this, it needs a proper server side check, whether it's feasible for the server to handle it.

That is why this inbox space has not been increased before.

But any changes in the hosting and servers might mean more space and hence more space for the increase of the inbox space available to members there.

5 hours ago, DKT27 said:

I must mention, what people do not know is that unlike computers that people use, the storage available on servers is relatively quite limited. In that limited amount of space, we need to fit the OS, server related softwares, site related files and in this case forum related posts. This means more space is required on the server to deal with extra inbox space. Any small increase in the inbox space needs to be multiplied by the number of members or active members for that matter. For this, it needs a proper server side check, whether it's feasible for the server to handle it.

That is why this inbox space has not been increased before.

But any changes in the hosting and servers might mean more space and hence more space for the increase of the inbox space available to members there.

This is the very reason some members starting to migrate to nSane discord server for their chat and personal messaging needs.
Nobody can read your DM (direct messages/pm there) except maybe the discord developers.
Feel free to join us: (Here is the invite link)
https://discordapp.com/invite/xQCemSe

If you are VIP/Veteran here, or been a member here before 2012, you do not need to undergo phone verification there, just pm me here and give me your nick and ID number in discord.
Mine is night#1446, which can be found on the lower left portion of the desktop GUI of discord, or by right clicking your avatar in the members list or chat section.
image.png

You may use the Discord desktop software (you need to download it), use the discord android app (download in google play) or use the web console,

Discord site:
https://discordapp.com/

1 hour ago, nIGHT said:

This is the very reason some members starting to migrate to nSane discord server for their chat and personal messaging needs.
Nobody can read your DM (direct messages/pm there) except maybe the discord developers.

Please note that Discord data is stored in US servers and subjected to US jurisdiction. None of privacy oriented ppl would neither join nor visit the site with real IP. I've read the complete terms and privacy policy, sharing info years earlier. Please read and you'd know communication in nsane community is better than them.
However, thanks for the invite to nsaners. If anyone not concerned about these would be happy to join there.

• 2 weeks later...
On 7/12/2018 at 7:19 PM, vissha said:

Please note that Discord data is stored in US servers and subjected to US jurisdiction. None of privacy oriented ppl would neither join nor visit the site with real IP. I've read the complete terms and privacy policy, sharing info years earlier. Please read and you'd know communication in nsane community is better than them.
However, thanks for the invite to nsaners. If anyone not concerned about these would be happy to join there.

I don't live in US. Do you think it would be dangerous still?

Fact Of Life (which is always denied):—

Admins. can read the messages stored in your PM — trust that this little fun fact will help to de-congest storage space. tx38TOr.gif

• Administrator
On 7/21/2018 at 1:34 AM, dcs18 said:

Admins. can read the messages stored in your PM — trust that this little fun fact will help to de-congest storage space. tx38TOr.gif

The staff on nsane.forums works on ethics, we have no reason to look into any member's PMs. We have not done it nor intend to do so.

16 hours ago, DKT27 said:

The staff on nsane.forums works on ethics, we have no reason to look into any member's PMs. We have not done it nor intend to do so.

Of course, I'm sure about that {at least as far as some of the Admins. are concerned} — or else, I wouldn't have used the word can (check out the highlighted word, on the quote.)

Fun Fact # 2:—

Some select few members (regardless of rank) can booby-trap their Inbox / Draft / Folder, to detect that particular Admin. who took a peep (never mind however brief) into their Messenger. B)

• Administrator
On 7/24/2018 at 7:46 PM, dcs18 said:

Of course, I'm sure about that {at least as far as some of the Admins. are concerned} — or else, I wouldn't have used the word can (check out the highlighted word, on the quote.)

Fun Fact # 2:—

Some select few members (regardless of rank) can booby-trap their Inbox / Draft / Folder, to detect that particular Admin. who took a peep (never mind however brief) into their Messenger. B)

Yes, I know you mentioned can. But it's about second or third time you have mentioned this, so I felt it's important that I should let the members know about the official stance of us here.

50 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Yes, I know you mentioned can. But it's about second or third time you have mentioned this, <snip>

Nah, nah — you've completely mistaken someone else's words for mine (this is the first and only time I've ever mentioned it, here — on some other sites though, have stated that a number of times.) ^_^

50 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

so I felt it's important that I should let the members know about the official stance of us here.

The unfortunate part is (I suspect) not everyone will believe the official stance — doesn't really matter to me, though (the sweeping consent which I offer to the staff — to enable/disable my Messenger, is well known.)

The brighter part is that you are the first Admin who has NOT denied it (this is a compliment F3h9xqz.gif) — my mention of this fact, has always been met with denial by every Admin. at every other site.

• Administrator
43 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

Nah, nah — you've completely mistaken someone else's words for mine (this is the first and only time I've ever mentioned it, here — on some other sites though, have stated that a number of times.) ^_^

I think you have mentioned it before in the ViP section. If not then it might be someone else here.

Archived