WinRAR 5.60 released with new look and features

ADN

Well honestly.. I used winrar for ages.. but since I had to start paying for my software I changed to 7zip and actually I can't think of any reason design aside, to go back to Winrar.

• Replies 39
  • Views 8.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
On 7/14/2018 at 10:28 PM, truemate said:

new looks not so good.... look like some kiddie tool icons

back to classic theme

how ? ?

I knew someone would ask. Here is the thing.

This is something I came to know from jalaffa, but I cannot find that post so I might be wrong in a few details. There are two friends who work on this software. One is the developer and another is responsible for marketing. The developer of this software is not responsible for its sales or money, it's the other guy who is. The second person, however, does not care much for the money from users as most of their paid customers are businesses who pay for it. So years ago, that second person released a key file for the software. That key file, which I cannot find right now, which might have been released almost a decade ago or something like that, still works. But as I said, I do not have it or cannot find it right now here.

So when people show that they use this software with a fix or without a fix for that matter as it's trial version works always even without a fix, they actually do not know or consider that the software makers are very much fine with it.

l like this 2 friends winrar story :w00t:

but,

On 7/19/2018 at 12:59 AM, DKT27 said:

That key file, which I cannot find right now, which might have been released almost a decade ago or something like that, still works. But as I said, I do not have it or cannot find it right now here.

-_-<_<

• Administrator
On 7/24/2018 at 5:45 PM, truemate said:

-_-<_<

Come to think of it, even individual keys were released. But as I said, I cannot find it.

2 hours ago, DKT27 said:

Come to think of it, even individual keys were released. But as I said, I cannot find it.

Hello DKT27, 

PM sent ...

Maybe that will help you ?

• 3 weeks later...
On 7/27/2018 at 5:51 AM, hpwamr said:

Hello DKT27, 

PM sent ...

Maybe that will help you ?

i could use a pm as well >:} pretty pwease.

On 7/18/2018 at 10:29 PM, DKT27 said:

There are two friends who work on this software. One is the developer and another is responsible for marketing. The developer of this software is not responsible for its sales or money, it's the other guy who is. The second person, however, does not care much for the money from users as most of their paid customers are businesses who pay for it.

Hi, guys! A few words about thise. The author of WinRaR {Roshal ARchiver] is Eugene Roshal, a russian programmer from Chelyabinsk.He is also the author of FAR Manager. By the beginning of the 2000s Eugene decided to focus on the improvement of the format and archivers of RAR and WinRAR, so he stopped working on far Manager and transferred the copyright to it to the group of programmers of far group. But after another four years, he unexpectedly handed over the copyright to them-his older brother Alexander Roshalu, left only a developer. But after the development of WinRAR, he left Russia quite quickly. According to rumors in the teaching environment, Roshal lives in Germany. By the way, the company Win.rar GmbH, dedicated to the promotion of the program WinRAR, also located in Berlin. However, some of his former fellows said that some time he was in the USA. 

On 7/18/2018 at 10:29 PM, DKT27 said:

So years ago, that second person released a key file for the software.

Sorry, English is not my native language maybe I don't quite understand what key file you write, but there is a key worker whom you can register the program on any name, for example < RarLAB> ?  Here in the forum there's a guy <@TheBig>, which makes for a great Repack (including WinRAR) - maybe he knows better than I? I do not know how in the English version, but in Russian it is conditionally free, and after 40-day trial reminds that it would not be bad to buy it... but nevertheless continues to work. Something like this.

Registered to RarLab.JPG

ianthewarrior

i've been years using winrar, but this new icon looks not good, more like 'candy' thing to me.

but toolbar looks better.

• Administrator
On 8/20/2018 at 12:39 PM, cosmicalien said:

Hi, guys! A few words about thise. The author of WinRaR {Roshal ARchiver] is Eugene Roshal, a russian programmer from Chelyabinsk.He is also the author of FAR Manager. By the beginning of the 2000s Eugene decided to focus on the improvement of the format and archivers of RAR and WinRAR, so he stopped working on far Manager and transferred the copyright to it to the group of programmers of far group. But after another four years, he unexpectedly handed over the copyright to them-his older brother Alexander Roshalu, left only a developer. But after the development of WinRAR, he left Russia quite quickly. According to rumors in the teaching environment, Roshal lives in Germany. By the way, the company Win.rar GmbH, dedicated to the promotion of the program WinRAR, also located in Berlin. However, some of his former fellows said that some time he was in the USA. 

Sorry, English is not my native language maybe I don't quite understand what key file you write, but there is a key worker whom you can register the program on any name, for example < RarLAB> ?  Here in the forum there's a guy <@TheBig>, which makes for a great Repack (including WinRAR) - maybe he knows better than I? I do not know how in the English version, but in Russian it is conditionally free, and after 40-day trial reminds that it would not be bad to buy it... but nevertheless continues to work. Something like this.

I see. I did not know the exact information, but maybe that's what jalaffa meant.

Your English fine though.

No, there is no key that one can register on his / her name. There is just a key file and some keys released by one of the developers, using which people can register the product. But as I said, I'm not sure which exact one jalaffa was referring to.

Yes, everywhere it's the same. Most fix users do not know that the software keeps working even after the trial out there.

• Administrator
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived