Unable to view profiles or posts of users

TechLord

In nearly all of the forums that I have been a member to date, I find that I can view the profiles of members and also all the posts by that particular member. But in Nsane, I find that I am unable to neither view the profiles of members nor search the posts that they'd made in the forum so far.

I normally use this feature when I see that an  user has made a particularly good post and I want to check out the rest of the posts by that same user.

Is this feature disabled in this forum or do I need to enable it somewhere in the settings ?

Thanks !

• Replies 12
  • Views 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Sorry, maybe I cannot understand, what You exactly ask, but You can select Follow user (on user panel) or Follow post (on the post page). But all selections are available on page https://www.nsaneforums.com/index.php?/notifications/options/

NO. As I stated above, if I want to, for example, see all the posts that you've made on this forum so far, there is no way for me to do so.

But in nearly all the other forums that I am a member of, all I need to do is to click on the username (Kalju) in this case, and I would be taken to a page where I can see a lot of details about that user, inclusing when they have joined the forum, what they have posted so far, what all posts they got repped for, and much more details.

In Nsane, I am unable to do so.

6 minutes ago, Kalju said:
Capture_x1.JPG But what You see if open my profile https://www.nsaneforums.com/profile/45378-kalju/ on right side should be button "See their activity"  
Or what happens, if You use this link (the last number is page number)

Thanks for trying to help.

Well, this is what I see :( :

Thisiswehat_Isee.png

As you can see from the URL bar, this is when I try to access your profile for example.

I am fairly certain that the ADMINs have to enable it for me..

I already tried messaging them but no answer so far., So thought I shoild post this.

4 hours ago, TechLord said:

Thanks for trying to help.

Well, this is what I see :(:

As you can see from the URL bar, this is when I try to access your profile for example.

I am fairly certain that the ADMINs have to enable it for me..

I already tried messaging them but no answer so far., So thought I shoild post this.

Okay, that's what I thought.

I hope that an admin could clarify whether there is any minimum post requirement before the feature becomes available to us ?

Thank you

3 hours ago, TechLord said:

I hope that an admin could clarify whether there is any minimum post requirement before the feature becomes available to us ?

Thank you

Yes Everything is wonderful, but I can not understand why the user can not get any information from anywhere.

1 hour ago, TechLord said:

Thank you

You may want to check this post.

1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

Thanks everyone but that is still not the answer.. I did checkout that already. It only shows the RANKING. It does not decribe what additional permissions one gains as their post count grows.

As you can see, I still have only 5 posts but now that feature has been enabled for me.

I guess that its just a forum bug.

Just for the background, I actually program the security features for invision forum software and have been in this field since at least 1992 (as you can check out from my posts etc elsewhere on the internet).

I am also a moderator for several online forums at this time (some of them boasting a member count of over 200k) .

That is why I was expecting an answer more than something like "Clear your browser cookies and restart your browser" or "Clear your cookies and restart your computer" :)

No offence but when I asked a clear question, I expected either  a clear answer  or otherwise if one was not sure, it would be better not to give answers addressing the point. The answer from @dcs18 at least partially addresses my issue. But your answer @Kalju is totally off track. I do appreciate the fact that you were trying to help in your answers prior to that answer, but posts like these simply makes the thread confusing to someone who actually knows the answer and wants to answer it correctly (since they would not want to read through all those posts). So please, @Kalju ,

Once again, no offence everyone.

5 minutes ago, TechLord said:
1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

Thanks everyone but that is still not the answer.. I did checkout that already. It only shows the RANKING. It does not decribe what additional permissions one gains as their post count grows.

The corresponding permission has been encapsulated in brackets (wherever applicable.)

5 minutes ago, TechLord said:
1 hour ago, dcs18 said:

As you can see, I still have only 5 posts but now that feature has been enabled for me.

Ah, wasn't aware of that — have included an additional group (from 5 - 9 posts.)

ps:—

Have also included permissions for ViP and Veterans.

• Administrator

Basically, all the new members have these restrictions. For a long time, I have tried to remove this restriction but IPB provides no option for it. Members with some amount of contribution have this restriction removed automatically from here.

Archived