Nsane Theme

Matt

Default Theme  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Which theme do you think should be as default?

• Default IPS
    • Nsane light
    • Nsane Dark

• Administrator

As we are always one community, so we all make decisions together. 

We would like to know which theme should be as default for nsane forums. Also I would like to here from you about the new themes Light and Dark. 

• Matt pinned this topic
  • Replies 28
  • Views 5.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hello

I love the shades of gray so: Nsane light

@ +

Akaneharuka

Ia it possible to have both 2 theme ?

And all member  can change the theme whenens ever they want like to ちchange the theme.

• Administrator
3 hours ago, Akaneharuka said:

Ia it possible to have both 2 theme ?

And all member  can change the theme whenens ever they want like to ちchange the theme.

Well as you said any member can pick what he/she likes, yet there is some members they don't like to see the light theme as default.

Surprised by the vote outcome, but

"Different horses, for different courses..."

I always use on all/any boards dark, if available... If not- any other, content of the board is valued in accordance to the members and their contribution ;) colour (dark) as great as it is hardly matter as much

Really liking this dark theme. I'll probably go with my usually usage though use light theme in the day and dark at night ?

I love the dark theme and will be my using it, but I voted for the light theme since there will always be problems with dark theme.
People with astigmatism like me will prefer the dark theme when reading for a long time, but since most content are made for light theme,
it is easier to spot objects and content when in light theme.
Switching between these two has its benefits.
In light theme, where it is easier to spot objects, links, and contents, is good only for quick reading and commenting.
Whereas the dark theme, where it is aesthetically beautiful made (credits to @Matt), is comfortable to the eyes when reading for a long time.
So here is my proposal, kind of another request.
Instead of the usual drop down list object displaying the theme choices, why not make a (picture) radio button  to make the selection easier to select.
Using a picture radio button will display all the theme choices by default and will only need one click changing to one theme to another;
Of course, the "(.)" of the radio button should not be visible but only the text theme name.
Here is the bottom page example:

image.png

And, if possible adding another radio button choices at the top of every page in addition to the ones we already have below the page.

Here is the top page example:
Untitled.jpg

This is just an example of what I thought my proposed display addition could look but please do not mind the graphics.
I only spend less than 30 minutes to make it.

Note: I have to lower the resolution of the image since per post image limit is 512kb, way too low btw.

There's a very obvious reason why a theme is suffixed with the attribute Default — it was meant to be left as THE default theme.

Alternatively, if the site uses cookies (nSane use cookies on 2 counts — HTTP and HTTPS, as well) it is the User who should be permitted to set his choice of default theme. zDLbIxl.gif

By the term default . . . . . the reference is to both logged-in and logged-out state, as well — ATM, the site fails to respect the theme selected at logged-out state. A5qMhta.gif

My personal ranking of the 3 themes are as follows:—

1. Default New = Good
  2. Nsane Light (Default) = Fair
  3. Nsane Dark = Satisfactory

ps:—

I prefer a custom theme based directly on the Default New theme.

• Administrator

There's a very obvious reason why a theme is suffixed with the attribute Default — it was meant to be left as THE default theme.

It because this is the only theme that IPS providing. Moreover, IPS wouldn't give options to edit change the theme or making a new one to make meant to be THE default, IPS gave all options to make changes and nothing meant to be THE default unless you decide you want it to be.  

Since personal taste is by definition something that pertains to each individual member we will not get 100% agreement on a theme. Although I put myself in the category "creature of habit" I do like a change when it improves on the existing design. So I voted for "Nsane Light", but I have no serious problem with any of the other themes.....the most important thing is that Nsane lives on.???

6 hours ago, Matt said:

<snip> nothing meant to be THE default unless you decide you want it to be.  

. . . . which is clearly not happening.

22 hours ago, dcs18 said:

ps:—

I prefer a custom theme based directly on the Default New theme.

The new Author Badge and Author Outline are nice additions to the themes — this is a sincere compliment. F3h9xqz.gif

Took just a little bit of pimping to get it to conform to my Custom Theme:—

YVr0ngS.png

hey good lookin'!

my only input atm is that very subtle background images aren't really necessary and are ultimately a waste of server requests. (unless of course you compile all of them in a sprite sheet, but again...why?) a solid color or css gradient works just as well.

Dce3480

Peace Up nsane.down

nsaneforums.com LOGO & Theme Rockz..! \m/ :rockon: \m/

2018 Baby..! :coolwink: B)

• 1 month later...

Sincerely I adjust the subjects for each occasion and excellent designs of Light and dark.

• Matt unpinned this topic

The default theme seems to be quite pleasing to eyes ..... I really like the new N in nsane 🙂

Except for Nsane Black, the other 2 can be my default. Since I need to choose one I selected Nsane light. Found the light blue attractive and the Nsane logo astonish.

On 6/22/2018 at 6:26 PM, Matt said:

As we are always one community, so we all make decisions together. 

We would like to know which theme should be as default for nsane forums. Also I would like to here from you about the new themes Light and Dark. 

I understand that the default theme is very important stuff :whistle:, but maybe someone should concentrate on getting all the links on FrontPage and the proxy working :dunno:, call me crazy! 

Archived