Official FIFA World Cup 2018 Topic

vitorio

just as in hockey there is good penalties and bad penalties taken... some would simply claim in this soccer game, the player  took a good penalty... yea i see your argument too but if rules were made every time a loophole gets found to work the game to an advantage there would be so many damn rules the rule book would be a foot thick and the game would suffer

• Replies 124
  • Views 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, p4psb said:

The Croatian player was about to score, it was basically going to be a pass into the goal, there were no Danish players in front of him. The Danish defender brought him down to stop the goal being scored.

Referee Pitana gave only yellow card for Danish back Mathias Jørgensen who tripped Ante Rebic from behind at 115' and saved sure goal and likely defeat. Clear red card for me but maybe Pitana had grounds for his decision though very weak ones. Ball was so close Rebic's feet that Mathias Jørgensen had scarce possibility to hit ball and Jørgensen was sane enough to mask tripping to accidental coincidence. Two bad penalties from Croatian Captain Luka Modric though scored second one, and finally and luckily, Croatian goalkeeper Subašić was better than Danish Schmeichel and we got the right winner. :sun:

I have a contact in the IFAB, the people who make and amend the laws of football. He tells me they are looking into the possibility of a 'Penalty Goal', not only in this type of situation, but also for hand ball by a defender on/near the goal line that stops a goal being scored.

that accidental trip was intentional and why the ref gave only a yellow card is beyond comprehension... ..refs are supposed to ref a game unbiased and a penalty RED CARD  in minute one of a game should also be a penalty in minute 115 of a game ...it should also make no difference if it is league play back home or a knockout round of the world cup....then is the embarrassing dives that were taken a few years back by players to gain unfair advantages too... the refs have a tough job no matter how you look at it

Referee should have taken him in to changing rooms and shot him...

?

He did not send the defender off because, in the opinion of the referee, the defender made a genuine attempt to play the ball. As the offence was in the penalty area, yellow card. If it had occurred outside the penalty area (with no defenders there) it would have been a red card.

This is a new law adopted since last year, it is designed to avoid the double jeopardy of a penalty and a sending off!

4 hours ago, p4psb said:

As the offence was in the penalty area, yellow card. If it had occurred outside the penalty area (with no defenders there) it would have been a red card.

This is a new law adopted since last year, it is designed to avoid the double jeopardy of a penalty and a sending off!

Wrong! Today referee gave red card for Swiss Michael Lang and penalty for Sweden. It changed to free kick after VAR examination of this light push outside box but no change for red card.  :duh:

1 hour ago, Radpop said:

Wrong! Today referee gave red card for Swiss Michael Lang and penalty for Sweden. It changed to free kick after VAR examination of this light push outside box but no change for red card.  :duh:

Sorry, but I am right.

A push is not a genuine attempt to play the ball - so inside or outside the penalty area that is a red card.

This is also why you will have seen the referee confirm the red card when he correctly gave the free kick just outside the penalty area.

I wonder why I know how to referee a football match, and know the laws of the game!

32 minutes ago, p4psb said:

Sorry, but I am right.

You are wrong about double jeopardy. I'm sorry for you but you can still enjoy football, much knowledge or understanding isn't needed for it. ?? ?? 

20 hours ago, knowledge said:

ZE7DCsN.png

Whine and cheat won... this match was the hardest to watch yet.

I hope England changes tactics with Sweden...

14 hours ago, jbleck said:

Whine and cheat won... this match was the hardest to watch yet.

I was oracle and didn't watch this match. Swedish big backs are capable for Oscar roles too if you remember Sweden vs Mexico match.

knowledge-Spammer

who will win ?

xv11TB7.png

i think uruguay and then brazil then sweden and then i hope russia :)

but i not have much knowledge in bootball so maybe i am wrong ?

knowledge-Spammer

shame on England:o

someone said  they already got him, he had to pay a fine, but I am not sure if he is getting deported or just gets a warning

he they lucky  russians not see them doing that  as will have been beat for doing

Uruguay, Brazil, Sweden, Croatia

Then in semis Brazil and Croatia will win

and then the  Champions  ->  Brazil

??

58 minutes ago, knowledge said:

who will win ?

xv11TB7.png

i think uruguay and then brazil then sweden and then i hope russia :)

but i not have much knowledge in bootball so maybe i am wrong ?

Im all for the underdogs , so my picks are Russia, Sweden, Belgium and Uruguay.

3 minutes ago, mkc21 said:

I'm from Uruguay. Hope England wins, they played so well and in a clean way. 

yes ;)

• Jordan locked this topic
  • DKT27 unlocked this topic
  • DKT27 unpinned this topic

Archived