Laptops with 128GB of RAM now a reality for maximum overkill

steven36

Spec lovers rejoice, the first laptops with 128GB of RAM is officially upon us.

https://s7d8.turboimg.net/sp/55be1be485ced6c45a36a5a9781f128e/lenovo_thinkpad_p52_vr.0.jpg

There’s no way around it: 128GB of RAM is major overkill, but I’ll never say no to having the option. Lenovo’s ThinkPad P52 is not only available with 128GB of RAM, but maxing it out results in one of the best laptops you can currently buy with a 4K 15.6-inch display, eighth generation Intel hexacore processor, Nvidia Quadro P3200 graphics card and 6GB of storage. Just like any powerful computer, the ThinkPad P52 is VR ready.

It also has two Thunderbolt 3 ports, HDMI 2.0, mini DisplayPort, three USB-A ports, Ethernet port and a headphone jack for good measure.

Dell’s Precision 7530 and Precision 7730 laptops are also available with 128GB of RAM. The duo are compatible with Quadro and AMD Radeon WX graphics cards and will start at the affordable price of $1,199, though that’s for the based model with 16GB of RAM. Similar to Lenovo’s beastly laptop, Dell’s offerings are also VR ready.

Lenovo nor Dell did not get into specifics about how much the ThinkPad P52, Precision 7530 and Precision 7730 will cost with the 128GB of RAM equipped, though we imagine it won’t come cheaply.

More  At  Lenovo  And  Dell

Source

• Replies 4
  • Views 661
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, steven36 said:

Spec lovers rejoice, the first laptops with 128GB of RAM is officially upon us.

https://s7d8.turboimg.net/sp/55be1be485ced6c45a36a5a9781f128e/lenovo_thinkpad_p52_vr.0.jpg

There’s no way around it: 128GB of RAM is major overkill, but I’ll never say no to having the option. Lenovo’s ThinkPad P52 is not only available with 128GB of RAM, but maxing it out results in one of the best laptops you can currently buy with a 4K 15.6-inch display, eighth generation Intel hexacore processor, Nvidia Quadro P3200 graphics card and 6GB of storage. Just like any powerful computer, the ThinkPad P52 is VR ready.

It also has two Thunderbolt 3 ports, HDMI 2.0, mini DisplayPort, three USB-A ports, Ethernet port and a headphone jack for good measure.

Dell’s Precision 7530 and Precision 7730 laptops are also available with 128GB of RAM. The duo are compatible with Quadro and AMD Radeon WX graphics cards and will start at the affordable price of $1,199, though that’s for the based model with 16GB of RAM. Similar to Lenovo’s beastly laptop, Dell’s offerings are also VR ready.

Lenovo nor Dell did not get into specifics about how much the ThinkPad P52, Precision 7530 and Precision 7730 will cost with the 128GB of RAM equipped, though we imagine it won’t come cheaply.

More  At  Lenovo  And  Dell

Source

that much storage?? :eek:

I'd be storing my data on RAM with that out of the world storage space there. :troll:

I'd be storing my data on RAM with that out of the world storage space there. 

You Know data on ramdisk is volatile..When the power goes, so does the contents of your RAM

Overkill .. with matching sticker shock

2 hours ago, teodz1984 said:

Overkill .. with matching sticker shock

everybody knows RAM memory is volatile, did you miss the sarcasm or the troll face at the end of the sentence? :pope:

• Administrator

With the current RAM prices that model is going to be unaffordable to most out there.

Archived