Nsane Forums Dark Theme

Matt

• Replies 137
  • Views 29.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator
34 minutes ago, Kalju said:

The problem is not whether I like it or not. The problem is that if you do something, you have to do it properly. This is really horrible, what is done somehow, but not properly.

And besides, if you ask for an opinion and want suggestions, then no polite person will begin to offend the person, who makes some suggestions. But in this forum the offend is quite normal already at the root level.

I will retype what I said maybe it would have an impact.

This is your opinion which is fine to me, yet you are the only member saw it this way. Don't you think that you are the one who has misunderstanding of the meanings, and needs a glasses to see properly what is really horrible or not. 

Still if you don't like it just go back to IPS theme, and leave everyone else enjoys the new theme.

I didn't ask for anyone opinions. All what I asked from the members that if they have any problems or suggestions. What have you done wasn't suggestions, and it was attacking. I have told you that you have misunderstanding of the meanings. I'm sure now that you need a glasses in order to read clearly what was in the post and what I asked the members.

15 minutes ago, vissha said:

@MattThe RSU editor doesn't open in homepage. No loading msg,... Pls fix

Just try to do hard refresh.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

If you have any problems or suggestions please feel free to contact us.  

31 minutes ago, Matt said:

This is your opinion which is fine to me, yet you are the only member saw it this way. Don't you think that you are the one who has misunderstanding of the meanings, and needs a glasses to see properly what is really horrible or not.

51 minutes ago, Matt said:

Simply if you don't like the theme don't use it the IPS theme still available. 

I wonder why a person asks for problems and then refuses to correct them.
Rather tells you, that you're an idiot and do not see how well everyone is.
Why to ask, if don't want answer? Is such a behavior of a member of the management really normal?

Perhaps such a behavior is not normal?

2 minutes ago, Matt said:

Just try to do hard refresh.

Tried - not working. However, if theme is changed to IPS Default 2 (Default), the rsu editor opens immediately with loading msg.

Guest ToMatt

I tested it on Android, and I like the result,

I ignore the comments and enjoy the result, thanks for be a staff member,

• Administrator
1 minute ago, Kalju said:

I wonder why a person asks for problems and then refuses to correct them.
Rather tells you, that you're an idiot and do not see how well everyone is.
Why to ask, if don't want answer? Is such a behavior of a member of the management really normal?

The only problem here is you. You didn't mention any problems you are facing using the the dark theme. The only thing you've done is attacking.

1 minute ago, Matt said:

The only problem here is you. You didn't mention any problems you are facing using the the dark theme. The only thing you've done is attacking.

This guy wont stop, i had the same problem with him, he thinks what he says its what all people here want, everybody is free to use what they want.

Whoa, guys! Just calm down, for Christ's sake! There's really no need for any bickering? After all, no one want's this entire topic cordoned off, or posts being deleted, or any of that! 

The way I see it, a forum member decided to do some good and make a skin. Why all the hostility and negativity all of a sudden? We can all agree that constructive criticism is good, as it might lead to improvements and new, better solutions.

But all this fighting is not constructive. It's not like Matt was hired as a professional skinner and did a poor job, to belittle his work and contribution. Also, it's not as if any of his actions directly broke a crucial forum feature, to warrant such visceral reactions. He merely added a feature and presented it to us, in order to be able to improve it faster with our input.

Admittedly, I've only been using the theme a short while, but I haven't encountered any catastrophic failures. Our eyes will not bleed upon gazing at nsane with this theme applied, so I'd say that so far, so good. 

knowledge-Spammer
12 minutes ago, Kalju said:
  1. Dear friend, how do you not understand that I have not given anyone any suggestions.
  2. Not to you or anyone else.
  3. Was asked - Report Problems. I answered, and now what's happening.
  4. Once again - why ask if you do not want a response? And such behavior by a member of the management is inadequate. It is not normal.

u call people idiot  and hate when is not needed  what is normal

maybe is right thing for Matt to kick u  as u show no love just hate

real this hate things on this site need to stop 

maybe is best they behavi like boss and show who is real in power 

• Administrator
2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

This one is in the Source, when you press it will show that.

2 hours ago, Alanon said:

First, the website seems slightly more narrow than on the light theme?

The dimensions are the same, for me . . . . . on the latest Firefox 52.8.1 ESR — just a heads-up.

4 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

The dimensions are the same, for me . . . . . on the latest Firefox 52.8.1 ESR — just a heads-up.

I figured it out, I was using the "Default New" theme, which seems to have significantly smaller margins, approx. half the size.

knowledge-Spammer
6 minutes ago, Matt said:

This one is in the Source, when you press it will show that.

who use Source   never me  so is fine for me :D

• Administrator
1 minute ago, knowledge said:

who use Source   never me  so is fine for me :D

The problem is everything is editable, so it can be fixed. Now I'm working on the server I don't have time to do everything in one time. I'm just a human who do mistakes and in order to fix them you have to show me not to attack me.

First Impressions:—

This dark theme is better than the light ones — it can only get better from this point onwards. F3h9xqz.gif

Area Of Improvement:—

If you check the fonts on the screenshot that I attached to my first response on this page, you will notice a very perceptible degradation — if you view that same image using the Default (New) Theme you'll find it as sexy, (as usual.) :P

I’m really Diggin the new theme, it’s so modern looking. Nice work.

The only thing Id like to see is when you get a new update to a topic a gray little circle appears to indicate that it is new. The color though kind of blends in with the gray background , So would be nice if it was blue in color like main categories look when new.

Untitled.png

Untitled2.png

Or maybe if they lite up red would be cool?

I have a color blindness problem and almost never opt for a dark theme in browsers.

To my surprise I tested on an old notebook with generic monitor and weak video card (intel hd graphics 3000) and I can see the thread.

When I'm on a micro monitor and video card, I'll test with certainty

Congratulations on the initiative, and continue with these good surprises.

I'm going to use the white theme for being more comfortable for my condition, but I liked it here.

regards

11 minutes ago, Jordan said:

Fonts seems ok to me (maybe dpi settings or such)

<snip>

The DPI cannot be the issue because it remained a constant factor for the 2 themes — here's the difference I see between the new dark theme and my very own pimped theme:—

https://i.imgur.com/BPPQLl4.png

Shall revisit this dark theme tomorrow to find out the reason for the degradation in font rendering on attached screenshots. yXZVmpE.gif

• Administrator

Source in the msgs area bug fixed.  People who complained that they can't read there now they are able to do so.

What the heck is up with the font here? Weird?

27F25D00-7165-4AF2-A807-48944D03CFB8.png

C1BCD6A4-22D5-4DD1-B7DA-0432D8F486C6.png

2 hours ago, Kalju said:

about the skin, not about you.

Thanks.  Most of misunderstandings are avoided using this principle:

Keep focus (while commenting or discussing) on the message not the messenger.  

"No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks.  ~Mary Wollstonecraft."   :flowers:

No man chooses evil because it is evil; he only mistakes it for happiness, the good he seeks. Mary Wollstonecraft
Read more at: https://www.brainyquote.com/authors/mary_wollstonecraft

• Matt unpinned this topic

Archived