Nsane Forums Dark Theme

Matt

• Administrator

I know that nsane members are professional people, so they deserve a professional forums look. I have decided to release the dark theme today. I'm not going to put screenshots, so just simply go and change the theme.

If you have any problems or suggestions please feel free to contact us.  

• Replies 137
  • Views 29.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Already shared my simple basic suggestion here:
http://www.nsaneforums.com/profile/49175-vissha/?status=37872&type=status

Hope, it would be considered for the good of community.
Thanks @Matt for bringing the dark theme sooner...
Nsaners, this is our chance to make nsane better with looks. Pls share valuable suggestions to ease eye restraint of nsane readers.

• Administrator
1 minute ago, vissha said:

Already shared my simple basic suggestion here:
http://www.nsaneforums.com/profile/49175-vissha/?status=37872&type=status

Hope, it would be considered for the good of community.
Thanks @Matt
Nsaners, this is our chance to make nsane better with looks. Pls share valuable suggestions to ease eye restraint of nsane readers.

The theme already available, so no need for more suggestions.

6 minutes ago, Matt said:

The theme already available, so no need for more suggestions.

Yes, already activated instantly on seeing your post as the first one to do. However, wanna confirm if this theme would break in future as earlier dark theme broke logins after new IPB update?

• Administrator
Just now, vissha said:

Yes, already activated instantly. However, wanna confirm if this theme would break in future as earlier dark theme broke logins after new IPB update?

As long as I'm here it would not. ;)

This dark theme is awesome.  Thank you so much!

18 minutes ago, Matt said:

I know that nsane members are professional people, so they deserve a professional forums look. I have decided to release the dark theme today. I'm not going to put screenshots, so just simply go and change the theme.

If you have any problems or suggestions please feel free to contact us.  

Nice work you've done. Thanks :)

nicely done, thanks for your amazing work. :cheers:

it would be very nice, if you fix this too

• Administrator
13 minutes ago, ARMOUR said:

nicely done, thanks for your amazing work. :cheers:

it would be very nice, if you fix this too

I'm still working on editing it. I just decided to release it today in order everyone enjoys it.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

I'm still working on editing it. I just decided to release it today in order everyone enjoys it.

Pls change the color/font color of source for posts/threads/rsu - its too white, many would find hard to read.

2 hours ago, Matt said:

What the other color you are suggestion ?

Just change bg to dark/grey - anything which helps reading and font color any bright would match.
Being a dark theme, it shouldn't create hindrance to reading with ease.

Also, hyperlinks are not blue/... - they are grey which is not easy to identify by most nsaners/readers.

The sharecode generator should apply different colors for dark theme.

Thanks

• Administrator
Just now, vissha said:

Pls change the color of source for posts/threads/rsu - its too white.

What the other color you are suggestion ?

@Matt Great theme! I've been using a dark version that another user posted previously, but I'm very glad that there's an official dark theme!

Two things I've noticed. First, the website seems slightly more narrow than on the light theme? Is this by design? The second is more of a question. Is there a way to deal with posts that are of a darker font, or have some overlay? Many OP's in various topics have large quantities of pasted text with formatting that's illegible on dark backgrounds.

It remains completely unclear to me why it is necessary to install and configure this dark theme before the very serious errors in current system not corrected and the new version is not installed.
There is not possible to understand why version 4.2.6 and not 4.3.3 have been used so far
And if there is any reason why not upgrade to version 4.3.3, then the 4.2.x series will have the latest version 4.2.9
It is wise to install a new theme after the upgrading is done, but not before upgrading. And more, most of themes, which works with versions of 4.2.x need to be changed, if to use IPS 4.3.x.
Do You want to say that this version will stay here for ever and never will not updated? Is 13 years so bad number, that now is time to die?

Invision Community 4

The files for version 4.2.7 are present but the upgrade has not been completed.

PS! Tell me, how to read such a text?

nsane_dark.JPG

• Administrator
8 minutes ago, Kalju said:

It remains completely unclear to me why it is necessary to install and configure this dark theme before the very serious errors in current system not corrected and the new version is not installed.
There is not possible to understand why version 4.2.6 and not 4.3.3 have been used so far
And if there is any reason why not upgrade to version 4.3.3, then the 4.2.x series will have the latest version 4.2.9
It is wise to install a new theme after the upgrading is done, but not before upgrading. And more, most of themes, which works with versions of 4.2.x need to be changed, if to use IPS 4.3.x.
Do You want to say that this version will stay here for ever and never will not updated? Is 13 years so bad number, that now is time to die?

We do have planing on upgrading the forums 4.3, yet you don't have to be worried the theme will be already ready for the new version 4.3. Also the theme will be completely up to date with the 4.3. Moreover, the theme has already deigned and fully edited on version 4.3.

12 minutes ago, Matt said:

We do have planing on upgrading the forums 4.3, yet you don't have to be worried the theme will be already ready for the new version 4.3. Also the theme will be completely up to date with the 4.3. Moreover, the theme has already deigned and fully edited on version 4.3.

Do not you really see that this topic is totally "raw", a kind of crap made by beginners.

• Administrator
4 minutes ago, Kalju said:

Do not you really see that this topic is totally "raw", a kind of crap made by beginners.

I'm a beginner, and I don't mind at all to learn. Simply if you don't like the theme don't use it the IPS theme still available. 

21 minutes ago, Matt said:

I'm a beginner, and I don't mind at all to learn. Simply if you don't like the theme don't use it the IPS theme still available. 

The problem is not whether I like it or not. The problem is that if you do something, you have to do it properly. This is really horrible, what is done somehow, but not properly.

And besides, if you ask for an opinion and want suggestions, then no polite person will begin to offend the person, who makes some suggestions. But in this forum the offend is quite normal already at the root level.

tremendous and great subject. I appreciate you rested the view here. :P

• Administrator
Just now, Kalju said:

The problem is not whether I like it or not. The problem is that if you do something, you have to do it properly. This is really horrible, what is done somehow, but not properly.

This is your opinion which is fine to me, yet you are the only member saw it this way. Don't you think that you are the one who has misunderstanding of the meanings, and needs a glasses to see properly what is really horrible or not. 

Still if you don't like it just go back to IPS theme, and leave everyone else enjoys the new theme. 

8 minutes ago, Onixra said:

How to change to black then?

Where can I find that option?

If you go down to the left corner of the website you will find theme under Facebook logo.

• Matt unpinned this topic

Archived