Ask how to fix a hard drive HDD

taihdhpu2

My HDD is faulty C5 Relocatted Sector Count and 2600 bad sector should slow down and be Not Responsing

I edited it with Victoria and HD Sentinel but could not. Please show me how to fix it. Thank you.

1.png2.png

• Replies 17
  • Views 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

dear sir, sad to say your drive is dying

backup your data now

only thing you can try is a complete zerofill (a.k.a. slow format) with Ccleaner or similar

regards

fixing your HDD isn't possible.

The only thing you can do is use HDD Regenerator (option scan & repair) to move files from bad sectors to good ones before backing up your data so your files will be backed up without possibility of corruption

After a backup,

By any chance, have you run chkdsk c: /r 

from command prompt as admin. (the "c:" is to be replaced by your HDD assigned letter)

Bizarre™

Buy a new HD ASAP while you still have time. I had a 2 year old HD that went bad. As soon as I found out, I bought a new one and transferred all data.

straycat19

You may be able to get access to your data if you have another identical hard drive that you could use to swap the controller boards.  Statistically the majority of drive problems is with the controller board.  I have used this technique to recover hard drive data many times.  Another option would be if you knew a forensics investigator who could use his forensic workstation to make a forensic image of your drive.  I have been able to recover documets, emails, etc that were not recoverable by data recovery software.

I hope you haven't been letting it run since controller boards can write and erase data without any input when they go bad so you would have no chance of recovering anything without forensics.

i have never had much luck with seagates, i think just about every seagate drive i have bought has failed on me over the years, one as early as a few months old, i will never use a seagate drive again.

i have only ever bought about 3 seagate drives as well.

i am a western digital man, i have bought dozens of these drives for my computer and others, never had a single WD drive failure ever, they have been nothing but reliable.

as for SDD's, i use samsung, never had an issue either. i have bought 2 OCZ SSD's over the years, both have failed around the 12 month mark, so i now stick with samsung with SSD's and WD with HDD's. the 2 brands that have never failed me.

Not really much you can do but extract your data and give your old drive a good burial at your landfill..

Probably take the drive apart for some other DIY projects

2 hours ago, taihdhpu2 said:

I'm confused between HGST and WD

HGST was acquired by WD

regards

Dont buy from Ebuyer.com  i bought a WD drive from there went bad after a few months.. replace easy enough and that also went bad.,. 8months later, in the end Ebuyer decided it would be better if WD sent me the replacement drive.. and ironically 0 problems with it.. so i dont know what ebuyer did to the drive before they sent 2 bad ones to me.

I have samsungs bought novatech.. before seagate merged with them.. and now 2 toshibha 3tb bought from my local curry's, also faultless..

Bizarre™
7 hours ago, andy2004 said:

and now 2 toshibha 3tb bought from my local curry's, also faultless..

You can never go wrong with Toshiba. In fact, my Toshiba HD (back when I was still using Windows 95) is still alive today.

• Administrator

Do keep us updated on which one you bought. Like others, I too would recommend the second one of your options there.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

Try hddregenerator but don't expect magic.

• 2 weeks later...

HDD regen works very good, it also takes a long time to scan and fix what it can fix.... I have used many times. and had some very suprising re sults, I also have had some Not so Good results.

here is where i keep my program

https://mega.nz

Sharecode: /#F!8RBDAIDD!QEUNkGB2NUh_JvmUsuKfnQ

Archived