Which laptop is better?

h3Ct0R

Go with Acer Swift 3. I had a quick look at the specifications.

1. AMD Ryzen 5 2500U is a good processor with low power consumption and integrated Vega 8 graphics! Vega 8 should easily outperform Radeon 520 graphics despite only sharing from the main memory.

2. Acer has got FHD IPS screen thats way better than your SVA antiglare panel on HP.

3, HP only has wifi b/g/n while Acer supports the ac standard. Google for more info.

4. You get an SSD on Acer. Ofcourse you might want to add another HDD to it but having an OS on SSD will be much faster.

5. While we are on OS, you get Windows OS preinstalled on Acer. HP only got Free DOS

6. I guess you are not a serious gamer so 8 GB RAM should be more than enough for you. Dont worry too much about upgrading it.

Metal build on Acer makes it look much more premium. If i were to choose I would go with Acer ?

• Replies 35
  • Views 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 6/15/2018 at 10:45 AM, Nova said:

I agree!

I heard HP doesn't produce good laptops.

The choice of laptop depends on what you need it for.

Not true! Running a HP x360 Spectre, it's bad-ass. On par with the XPS-15.

Regarding you purchase, H3ctor, there's a good review for the ACer on notebookcheck.com - alright for the price. I'd be leaning towards that.  

It really depends what you want it for.

Pros - no CD drive (they're bulky). Better build quality. Better ports (USB-C)

My personal gripes would be audio and fan noise - but as for the rest, looks alright.

If you can stretch the budget, build quality will always be worthwhile - my last laptop lasted 5 years, as did the terrible touchpad, the creaky plastic case, and the tinny speakers it came with.

Oh man I just saw the original post is from May ? Hope you got your laptop already!

Almost always quality goes with price (Correlation).

There is a saying that you have what you paid for.

On 7/17/2018 at 3:44 PM, repp21 said:

Not true! Running a HP x360 Spectre, it's bad-ass. On par with the XPS-15.

It's true that I heard. ? I don't know if they were right. :)

samsung SSD  250 GB...  friend put it in the asus zen notebook  i am using. got it all for 150 bucks in canadian dollars ... hope it is a good SSD

On 5/30/2018 at 4:06 PM, h3Ct0R said:

Negative points for 2nd laptop:

- RAM is not upgradable (that's what I read)

- No CD drive

- No dedicated GPU

Anyone having experience with Ryzen 5 Quad Core CPUs?

I'm rarely play games. But love to test different softwares.

I read your topic and I know at deep of you (and me) mind you will happy with number 1.
Don't buy laptop number 2 because 3 Negative points you have listed will hurt you latterly.

Israeli_Eagle
On 7/28/2018 at 5:39 PM, dMog said:

samsung SSD  250 GB...  friend put it in the asus zen notebook  i am using. got it all for 150 bucks in canadian dollars ... hope it is a good SSD

I hope it's for that price Samsung SSD Pro and not Evo. Otherwise it's pure ripoff.

2 hours ago, Israeli_Eagle said:

I hope it's for that price Samsung SSD Pro and not Evo. Otherwise it's pure ripoff.

that was for the entire notebook price. ASUS  Zen  that came back under warranty where he works . the customer wanted a brand new unit so I got the one he brought back with new ssd installed ... windows 10 home with none of the bloat that arrives with  the factory installation...so no i do not think i over paid or got a crap unit 

Israeli_Eagle
1 hour ago, dMog said:

that was for the entire notebook price. ASUS  Zen  that came back under warranty where he works . the customer wanted a brand new unit so I got the one he brought back with new ssd installed ... windows 10 home with none of the bloat that arrives with  the factory installation...so no i do not think i over paid or got a crap unit 

Of course, then it's almost for free. Good deal!

Archived