[Solved] Windows 10 System sounds

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya
13 minutes ago, jordan4x said:

What bitrate do you have in Sounds> Playback devices> Speakers> Advanced> Default format> ?

Lower the bitrate and see if it helps

YYPgEja.png

Tried every bitrate, nothing changed.

14 minutes ago, Kalju said:

If so, then my mind is gone because everything seems to be okay.
But one thing that is probably not related to it, but is not excluded. You said you have Kaspersky Total Security 2018 installed. It should not be on your computer. Maybe to think about it.

Why should it not be on my computer?! I've been using it forever, never made any kind of issue.

• Replies 37
  • Views 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Ahmad_Al_Hajaya

I went back to theme settings and I've noticed that if I try to change the sound scheme for any theme that I choose, changes won't apply.

for instance I chose the default windows 10 theme and then changed the sound scheme hit apply and then ok, but nothing changes.

Solution to this mistery is so small that we can't spot on it! :P

Maybe other members can ....

I have to agree with @Kalju here... It's too early for most security solutions to work properly on the latest Windows builds... U will maybe be able to use Kaspersky or any other 3rd party with no issues on this build in a few months.

If it's 1803 (sorry I did not notice it before), then everything is possible. There is tons of bugs and problems which does not respond at all and You can't change them any way... That's the reason why in my main computer is again back 16299.461 1709 and there is no problems.

Try this :

I managed to fix it. I had to open the Registry Editor. I selected HKEY_CURRENT_USER. In the right hand pane there is a column called Name with the value "(Default)". The Data column was empty. It should read "(value not set)". To fix this I right clicked "(Default)" and selected delete from the contextual menu. After restarting my computer my system sounds were back.

Answers.microsoft.com

15 minutes ago, Adn.naw said:

Try this :

I managed to fix it. I had to open the Registry Editor. I selected HKEY_CURRENT_USER. In the right hand pane there is a column called Name with the value "(Default)". The Data column was empty. It should read "(value not set)". To fix this I right clicked "(Default)" and selected delete from the contextual menu. After restarting my computer my system sounds were back.

Answers.microsoft.com

About what key are you talking about?
If it is HKEY_CURRENT_USER then there must be on  the right side Default and the value must be empty by default. It is mandatory.

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya
2 hours ago, Adn.naw said:

Try this :

Answers.microsoft.com

I checked HKEY_CURRENT_USER and I don't know how but the default value was set to "0000000EF2E1B75442BB4BB32E57311980ED78F7" I reset it, then restarted the PC and voilà sounds worked.

Thanks for helping.

Best regards to everyone.

8 minutes ago, Ahmad_Al_Hajaya said:

I checked HKEY_CURRENT_USER and I don't know how but the default value was set to "0000000EF2E1B75442BB4BB32E57311980ED78F7" I reset it, then restarted the PC and voilà sounds worked.

Thanks for helping.

Best regards to everyone.

If so, then is fine. Please go to the first post and change the header to
[Solved]Windows 10 System sounds

Ahmad_Al_Hajaya
4 minutes ago, Kalju said:

If so, then is fine. Please go to the first post and change the header to
[Solved]Windows 10 System sounds

I'm trying to do that, but it won't save

• Ahmad_Al_Hajaya changed the title to Windows 10 System sounds [Solved]
  • 1 month later...
On 5/25/2018 at 2:56 PM, Ahmad_Al_Hajaya said:

Focus assist = Off

That's the reason for using Windows 10 jajaja ... Move on to Windows 8.1 bro :) 

Archived