how can Adguard and NetGuard be combinated

Togijak

Both Apps are using a own VPN to control the internet access and at the moment I have no idea how both can be used on the same phone. The resulting question is, what is the best Add etc. Blocker without the need to use the own VPN that works in combination with

I just changed from x-privacy to NetGuard = maybe there is a way to use filter lists like AdGuard and i did'n see the import function dtq23lupbupmnp68q.gif

Edited by Togijak
  • Like 2

https://github.com/M66B/NetGuard/blob/master/FAQ.md#FAQ2

(2) Can I use another VPN application while using NetGuard

If the VPN application is using the VPN service, then no, because NetGuard needs to use this service. Android allows only one application at a time to use this service.

NetGuard is a firewall application, so there is no intention to add VPN support. However, NetGuard supports a SOCKS5 proxy to chain VPN applications.

if you have (1) ample memory and are (2) rooted you can block ads via hosts files.

remember Large hosts files like MVPS HOSTS can bog down your droid because they contain  12,000+ urls and are not recommended 

You can combine it if you are rooted. Go to advanced settings of adguard and change the blocking to root mode on adguard then you can use netguard as a vpn.

• Like 3

@vhick

1. This smartphone is rooted (but it has a broken display) = I need a new one in the near future and I don't want to root the next phone (where the battery has to be removable). There is to much spying from the government and all this assholes of secret services / cops etc.
  2. Knowing how much you can be controlled over your mobile phones activity I surf with the phone hardly ind, therefore I will replace in the future AdGuard by Adblock Plus

dtqaw5u6lysmhx0v0.jpg

Edited by Togijak

2 hours ago, vhick said:

@Togijak

I thought adblock plus no longer in development?

https://adblockplus.org/

The first app on this list of “Ad blocker for Android” is adblock plus android, cannot be found on Google Playstore anymore as it has been removed. But fortunately, the team over at Adblock Plus is still offering the Android version on their website. The link above will provide you with instructions for using Adblock Plus on your Android device. While it may seem as if it is a lot of trouble to get an ad blocking app on your device, it certainly isn’t as Adblock Plus for android is one of the best and most trusted ad blocker apps available not only on Android, but Chrome, Firefox, and more. Download and install it: you will be glad you did.

There is also an official Adblock Plus add-on for Firefox Android browser. Open Firefox browser, Downlaod and Install the add-on, activate it then restart the Firefox app and enjoy ad-free browsing.

Edited by Togijak

Using (AdGuard for Android + NetGuard - no-root firewall) would be counter-productive — discovered that when I first tried to combine AdGuard for Android with AFWall+ (Android Firewall +) . . . . and, encountered conflicts at unexpected moments with both apps. vying with each other towards the same objective.

AdGuard is THE ultimate ad. blocker for Android (and Windows, as well) with serious firewalling capabilities — on the other hand, NetGuard - no-root firewall has firewalling capabilities which are superior to AdGuard for Android (however, NetGuard - no-root firewall lacks ad. blocking qualities WRT the browser.)

Personally, my best bet would be to stick with AdGuard for Android — it's not gonna be beatable anytime soon.

My second choice would be a combination of {AFWall+ (Android Firewall +) + uBlock} — yes, AFWall+ (Android Firewall +) is superior to NetGuard - no-root firewall.

Do try all 3 options, though — nothing beats learning and personal experience. F3h9xqz.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

nothing beats learning and personal experience

that's more then right but why trying combinations where well known members find out that it never will work perfect = asking makes some time sense