s1ave77

[Windows 10] Digital License (HWID) & KMS38™ Generation

Alberto_C

@ Erp-ster0 :

Yes. My mistake. Corrected!

Klaus234
Posted (edited)

Hi,

I'd like some noob advice... I'd like to use win 10 enterprise, but I don't know how the process works.

Can I simply use the media creation tool and by entering the enterprise key from the 1st post it becomes Win 10 Enterprise? But some sources say that only contains home + pro. I can't find an official enterprise ISO though and I'm cautious about getting an OS (!) ISO from dubious sources. A short tutorial on installing Win 10 Enterprise would be awesome! Thank you :)

Edited by Klaus234

DR_ADHAM
17 minutes ago, s1ave77 said:

Changelog:

v61.01
--implemented checks for service functionality of wuauserv, clipsvc, wlidsvc and sppsvc
--System checks will try to enable any disabled service(s) temporarily and start them to assure working processes

Congratulations @s1ave77 for this great work.

s1ave77
Just now, DR_ADHAM said:

Congratulations @s1ave77 for this great work.

Figured it might be an idea besides checking for online status and wuauserv to check for other relevant services and ticket apply response likewise, This will give better error handling in general and will redo the process with fall-back-method (SKUID in TargetSKU.txt instead of auto-detection) in case the ticket apply fails firsthand.

DR_ADHAM

Can anyone confirm if upload.ee is working or it's down ATM ?

s1ave77
Just now, DR_ADHAM said:

Can reach it and the numbers increase.

psyko666
1 hour ago, DR_ADHAM said:

Works 100%

DR_ADHAM
19 minutes ago, psyko666 said:

Works 100%

Maybe because you're blond :blink:

It's not working for me, tried with 2 different ISPs and the same result "This site cannot be reached" :wut:

Skunk1966
7 minutes ago, DR_ADHAM said:

It's not working for me, tried with 2 different ISPs and the same result "This site cannot be reached" :wut:

check pm

psyko666
9 minutes ago, DR_ADHAM said:

Maybe because you're blond :blink:

See..

vlxcaAH.jpg

DR_ADHAM
16 minutes ago, Skunk1966 said:

check pm

Got it.

13 minutes ago, psyko666 said:

See..

It's CONFIRMED: It has been blocked here in Egypt.

Although I'm  Real Madrid fan; however blocked also for me. :blink:

psyko666

MIRROR:

https://www.datafilehost.com/d/af24c969

s1ave77
Just now, DR_ADHAM said:

It's CONFIRMED: It has been blocked here in Egypt.

Although I'm  Real Madrid fan; however blocked also for me. :blink:

There's also a nofile.io mirror at OP ;).

DR_ADHAM

@Skunk1966

@psyko666

@s1ave77

Thank you all and as a token of my appreciation, I was planning to download it 3 times from the 3 different links you provided 😎

Downloaded it twice from the links provided by @Skunk1966 and @psyko666 

However the nofile.io is also blocked by my ISP.

@s1ave77  It seems you're working with my ISP, you upload on the sites they blocked :blink:

I'm expecting all those servers ending with io, ee, .... etc will be blocked in the same manner.

BTW, I've now 2 hwidgens if any one wants the extra one, I could donate it :snack:

s1ave77
Posted (edited)
Just now, DR_ADHAM said:

@s1ave77  It seems you're working with my ISP, you upload on the sites they blocked :blink:

I'm expecting all those servers ending with io, ee, .... etc will be blocked in the same manner.

Can recommend VPNs to mitigate such blocks. MDLs giveaway sub-forums hosts one for Ivacy which ends very soon 😛

Edited by s1ave77

DR_ADHAM
1 minute ago, s1ave77 said:

Can recommend VPNs to mitigate such blocks. MDLs giveaway sub-forums hosts one for Ivacy which ends very soon 😛

Ok, I can exchange it with my Seed4.Me which will end after a year, SecurityKISS Tunnel which will end after a year or NordVPN which will end after 2 years 😜

s1ave77
Just now, DR_ADHAM said:

Ok, I can exchange it with my Seed4.Me which will end after a year, SecurityKISS Tunnel which will end after a year or NordVPN which will end after 2 years 😜

Ditch Seed4Me and SecurityKISS, they are crap and additionally keep several logs. NordVPN is quite good, ExpressVPN, Windscribe and Ivacy are realy good.

lordmaxx

Hello, I am new and this will be the first time i use a method of this sort to install Windows.  And I want to quickly thank @s1ave77for his time and effort on creating this.

I am currently using Windows 10 Home and would like to upgrade.  I know I can immediately go from Home to Pro. I don't want to do a clean install as I want to keep my data intact.  My questions are as follows:

1) Can i go from Home to Pro Education, Home to Pro Workstation, or Home to Enterprise the same way I would do going from Home to Pro? If going from Home to Enterprise for example, would I need to do anything different?

2) Do I need to create a bootable USB or burn an iso to DVD of the version i want to upgrade to before doing anything in the above question?

3) If I decide to use the automated method, do I need to run everything in both  the Silent Mode zip and  HWID.KMS38™GEN DOWNLOAD zip?

I know I'm definitely overthinking this process, but I would rather be safe than sorry.  I see many people here go from Home to Pro, but I don't see any mention of people going directly from Home to something other than Pro. 

Thank you in advance for your help.

DR_ADHAM
1 hour ago, lordmaxx said:

1) Can i go from Home to Pro Education, Home to Pro Workstation, or Home to Enterprise the same way I would do going from Home to Pro? If going from Home to Enterprise for example, would I need to do anything different?

You can upgrade from Win 10 Home to the following editions:

• Pro
  • Pro for Workstations
  • Pro Education
  • Education

You cannot directly upgrade Home to Enterprise; but you can upgrade Home > Pro then upgrade Pro > Enterprise

2) Do I need to create a bootable USB or burn an iso to DVD of the version i want to upgrade to before doing anything in the above question?

You can just upgrade by entering a product key for the edition you're trying to upgrade to;

From 'Settings' --> Update & Security --> Activation --> Change Product Key

Enter any retail key or even the generic key for the corresponding edition.

3) If I decide to use the automated method, do I need to run everything in both  the Silent Mode zip and  HWID.KMS38™GEN DOWNLOAD zip?

The automated method scans your system and automatically switchs to the corresponding method, KMS38 for LTSC 2019 & HWID for others.

If you selected the automated method, then all you need is to wait while the tool automatically activates your system.

PS: If you're going to upgrade, don't use the tool to activate except after you have completed the upgrade process; otherwise you'll encounter an error message while trying to manually enter the product key for the edition you're going to upgrade to, and in all cases you don't need to activate the edition which you'll upgrade to another. To summarize: use the tool to activate your final edition.

DR_ADHAM

There's also a tool that can do this called "License Switcher" don't know if @S1ave77 is a sharer in it or not !!

I did't use it before.

Spoiler

52WcRtP.png

lordmaxx

I want to thank @s1ave77 again and thank you @DR_ADHAM for responding to my questions.  I have successfully upgraded form Home to Pro with no problems at all.  I do have a few questions regarding my process for anyone to answer.

Process:

1) enables auto updates in window's settings

2) disabled internet and entered product key for Pro (computer updated as expected). I also want to add that my MS account was linked to Win Home before doing all of this.

3) computer rebooted, but when logging into my profile, my regular password(which worked in Home) did not work.  I had to use my MS account password.

4) Performed automatic method, and ran hwid.kms38.gen.mk6.exe as admin.  I selected REARM from drop down and program initiated and computer restart.  Computer rebooted and nothing seemed to change and Pro was not activated. 

5) ran exe again and chose HWID from drop down, and activitation was successful.

Why did I have this password problem in step 3?

My question is, what exactly does "REARM" do? And did i cause myself any potential problem by running it in step 4?

I'm assuming there are 2 ways to run automated method, the first being the executable, and the other is using .cmd? So if I understand correctly, you setup a text file to the specification needed, save it as a .cmd, then just run the cmd file? This is suppose to be faster and save a few steps compared to running the exe?

I read many pages back that it was difficult to activate if Windows was a fresh intall, is this still the case? Would the process be exactly the same as I did above if I installed Win via usb on a brand new computer?

And lastly, when should you use KMS38 vs HWID?

Thanks again, everyone.  Gonna now move from Win Pro to Enterprise. Let me try to figure that out now  😉

DR_ADHAM
9 minutes ago, lordmaxx said:

Why did I have this password problem in step 3?

Because you upgraded using the MS account as the Administrator account; so after upgrade the new system is by default has the settings related to that account including its log in password.

My question is, what exactly does "REARM" do? And did i cause myself any potential problem by running it in step 4?

REARM resets the licensing status and activation state of the machine; returning Windows back to the trial period. Windows 10 REARM can be used almost indefinitely but with reduced functionality. You can know the number of remaining REARM count by running CMD as admin an running the following command:

slmgr /dlv
Spoiler

7uLpEXM.png

I'm assuming there are 2 ways to run automated method, the first being the executable, and the other is using .cmd? So if I understand correctly, you setup a text file to the specification needed, save it as a .cmd, then just run the cmd file? This is suppose to be faster and save a few steps compared to running the exe?

Both are almost the same, no advantage of one over the other; although I prefer the GUI version. You just have to click instead of having to type in the CMD version.

I read many pages back that it was difficult to activate if Windows was a fresh intall, is this still the case? Would the process be exactly the same as I did above if I installed Win via usb on a brand new computer?

No, at all. Those activation issues in most cases are related to the machine itself not the tool.

And lastly, when should you use KMS38 vs HWID?

KMS38 for Win 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 and HWID for all others including LTSB 2015 & 2016.

HWID will give you a digital license activation which will be linked to your hardware, so you can reinstall the same Windows on that machine and it'd be automatically reactivated even if you used a blocked key or if the digital license activation was linked to a MS account, Windows will be automatically reactivated by just signing in with this account (without entering any keys - What to understand is that digital license activation "HWID" is the concept of MS of Windows 10 activation made easy).

Unlike all others, no digital license for LTSC 2019. By default this edition has 10 years of support: 5 years of mainstream support + 5 years of extended support, being released in 2018 so MS would continue to support it for 10 years (until 2028). The tool KMS38 (long life KMS activation) will provide double that period provided by MS, meaning it will provide 20 years until 2038 and hence the name KMS38.

s1ave77
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DR_ADHAM said:

REARM resets the licensing status and activation state of the machine; returning Windows back to the trial period. Windows 10 REARM can be used almost indefinitely but with reduced functionality. You can know the number of remaining REARM count by running CMD as admin an running the following command:

2 hours ago, lordmaxx said:

4) Performed automatic method, and ran hwid.kms38.gen.mk6.exe as admin.  I selected REARM from drop down and program initiated and computer restart.  Computer rebooted and nothing seemed to change and Pro was not activated. 

FYI: Although rearm is useless on Win 8 and upwards,since there is no Initial Grace Period one ould return to, it can be used to clear borked activation tokens or break the 180 days KMS lock. Additionally each Audit Mode run will consume one rearm, for that reason the count was increased from max 5 on Win 7 to 1001 on later versions. Rearm count can be reverted, Win 7 - Win 10 1607 can do it directly, later versions need an extra WinPE step.

Edited by s1ave77

erp-ster0
Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, DR_ADHAM said:

Unlike all others, no digital license for LTSC 2019. By default this edition has 10 years of support: 5 years of mainstream support + 5 years of extended support, being released in 2018 so MS would continue to support it for 10 years (until 2028). The tool KMS38 (long life KMS activation) will provide double that period provided by MS, meaning it will provide 20 years until 2038 and hence the name KMS38.

actually LTSC 2019 (v1809) is supported until January 2029, if you look at the MS Win10 release information page carefully & on this MS support lifecycle page about LTSC 2019.

Edited by erp-ster0