s1ave77

[Windows 10] Digital License (HWID) & KMS38™ Generation

Wannabe99
3 hours ago, Edgarhighmen said:

So on a fresh Win10 pro install I installed Office Pro Plus from the retail iso linked on these boards and ran KMS38 from the drop down, it said it was successful no patching needed, then did Rearm (Didn't launch office ever and didn't launch KMS38 til after office was installed) and got a notice that ???? was expiring soon. PC rebooted, all went normal. Today I launch Word and it asks for a product key and says I can use it for the next 15ish days or so. Did I do something wrong?

Yes, KMS38 is Windows only, it can't activate Office.

rorymi6

Hi

Just wondered if I have successfully installed W10 2019 LTSC and activated using KMS38 and then wanted later to remove and activate using a MAK key instead how would you remove the KMS38 activation ?

Alberto_C

Hi!

I just activated the latest release 19H1 (Build 18356) with the manual method on Virtual Machine. It always works but... The conversion of the Insider preview from Pro to Enterprise, by entering the Enterprise installation serial, does not work for the first time with respect to all IP 19H1s. I think it's because the final release is coming (No Watermark, No Time Bomb)...

Finally, I have one Windows 10 Pro, Hwid activate!

Thanks to S1ave77 for his excellent work.

Alberto_C

Hi!

After reinstalling VmWare on my PC, I tried manual activation (Hwid) of the latest releases 19H1 (build 18356) and 20H1 (build 18855). Everything works, including Pro vs. Enterprise conversion, by entering the correct default installation serial.
Finally, the problem detected on my previous post, came from a corruption of the virtualization software.
And so, the tutorial of S1ave77 still works!

DR_ADHAM
Posted (edited)
On 3/11/2019 at 1:57 PM, rorymi6 said:

Hi

Just wondered if I have successfully installed W10 2019 LTSC and activated using KMS38 and then wanted later to remove and activate using a MAK key instead how would you remove the KMS38 activation ?

Open your Command Prompt (cmd) as admin, enter the following commands at once and hit "Enter"

slmgr /skms localhost
slmgr.vbs /ckms
slmgr /upk
slmgr.vbs /cpky
slmgr /rilc
sfc /scannow

The final command (the scan process) takes sometime ---> It's recommended to complete it then reboot your system after the process is finished.

After reboot, you'll get your Windows back to the activation trial period and you can enter whatever key you want.

Edited by DR_ADHAM

TwistedMetalGear

If I used HWID activation for Windows 10 Home, and I later install a new hard drive and install Windows 10 *Pro* on it, do I just run the HWID activator again?

s1ave77
13 hours ago, TwistedMetalGear said:

If I used HWID activation for Windows 10 Home, and I later install a new hard drive and install Windows 10 *Pro* on it, do I just run the HWID activator again?

Yep, will work that way, Pro needs a new license :D.

Want to Know

All the posted links no longer work. how can I get the software  requested to activate my PC again. TIA

alexxf
37 minutes ago, Want to Know said:

All the posted links no longer work. how can I get the software  requested to activate my PC again. TIA

Just tested. Working:

eLUr2Ac.png

Syafaldi

i need some help, i dont know what to do, which dropdown do i use? kms? hwid? whats the difference, i just wanted to reactivate my windows,can somebody pls explain what to do to me from the start?

oh also , when i use method 2,i get an error that says:

Error: 0xD0000272 On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0xD0000272' to display the error text.

s1ave77
3 hours ago, Syafaldi said:

i need some help, i dont know what to do, which dropdown do i use? kms? hwid? whats the difference, i just wanted to reactivate my windows,can somebody pls explain what to do to me from the start?

oh also , when i use method 2,i get an error that says:

Error: 0xD0000272 On a computer running Microsoft Windows non-core edition, run 'slui.exe 0x2a 0xD0000272' to display the error text.

Some info would be useful. What edition is in use? Error only says undocumented hence doesn't help determine anything-

RSGing
Posted (edited)

Hey, I got one question: (sorry my english is not the best)

I downloaded the windows tool from microsoft and created an windows 10 usb boot stick with it.

After that I installed Windows 10 Pro with it. I deactivated windows defender and downloaded the .exe file from the first post of this thread.

I tried to follow the tutorial but I don't know if what I did was enough, since Windows is activated but I don't think I followed the guide correctly.

What I did was:

1. After starting the .exe I selected gVLK and pressed install

2. Next I selected KMS38 and pressed install

3. Windows is now activated for me.

Did I screw up something up? Or was this enough?

EDIT: Would it also be enough to use .exe -> select HWID_Key -> install -> select HWID -> install ?

Edited by RSGing

s1ave77
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, RSGing said:

EDIT: Would it also be enough to use .exe -> select HWID_Key -> install -> select HWID -> install ?

When using Pro HWID should be preferred since it's permanent activation, which reactivates as long as no hardware is changed.

Just use the HWID mode, it will install the key automatically. The key install is for the case a Digital License already exists but the install media is Volume and needs a manual key install to trigger the Server checks and validation.

Edited by s1ave77

RSGing
20 hours ago, s1ave77 said:

When using Pro HWID should be preferred since it's permanent activation, which reactivates as long as no hardware is changed.

Just use the HWID mode, it will install the key automatically. The key install is for the case a Digital License already exists but the install media is Volume and needs a manual key install to trigger the Server checks and validation.

thanks for the answers.

Is it possible, that microsoft somehow detects that the activated key through HWID is from a third party tool and deactivates it?

DR_ADHAM
12 minutes ago, RSGing said:

Is it possible, that microsoft somehow detects that the activated key through HWID is from a third party tool and deactivates it?

Once your windows acquires a digital license (HWID method), it can be activated or re-activated with any key for the Windows edition you're using even a generic or more even a blocked key.

DR_ADHAM

Hu @s1ave77

Today I integrated the $oem$ folder you created with a Win 10 RS5 Business Edition ISO and installed on VM,

Here's the result without any user intervention:

Spoiler

0hIXZaD.png        IReA9lZ.png        p5mNYNL.png

I also integrated the $oem$ folder you created with a Win 10 LTSC 2019 ISO and installed on VM,

Here's the result without any user intervention:

Spoiler

qIVstGs.png                           sroTG84.png        

8Mc0N9y.png

May be the message title is misleading, but everything worked like a charm: Silent Mode, Automatic switch according to the Edition and Activation.

xoseba
Posted (edited)

Hello @s1ave77
I tried to activate W10 LTSB 2016 without luck...

What am I doing wrong?

EDIT:   I can not find the HWID.log file

http://2s7dego.png

http://347im12.png

http://9kb0xf.png

Edited by xoseba

xoseba
4 minutes ago, DR_ADHAM said:

@xoseba

Could you set your Windows Update to --> Automatic, then retry to activate.

Sorry @DR_ADHAM  I can not find the screen to check it

DR_ADHAM
5 minutes ago, xoseba said:

Sorry @DR_ADHAM  I can not find the screen to check it

Open "Run ---> Type [gpedit.msc] and hit Enter

Computer Configuration ---> Administrative Templates ----> Windows Components ---> Windows Updates ----> Configure Automatic Updates ---> Make it "Enabled" then select one of the "Auto download" options.

xoseba
17 minutes ago, DR_ADHAM said:

Open "Run ---> Type [gpedit.msc] and hit Enter

Computer Configuration ---> Administrative Templates ----> Windows Components ---> Windows Updates ----> Configure Automatic Updates ---> Make it "Enabled" then select one of the "Auto download" options.

Thanks @DR_ADHAM

Still not activated...

DR_ADHAM
3 minutes ago, xoseba said:

Thanks @DR_ADHAM

Still not activated...

Wait for @s1ave77 in this case.

Alberto_C

Hi!

I just activated the latest release 19H1 (Build 18361.1) and a Windows 10 EnterpriseS with manual method on Virtual Machine.
The tutorial of S1ave77 still works!

s1ave77
41 minutes ago, xoseba said:

Still not activated...

Looks like you used Update and Service Tweaks (probably a tool like O&OShutup or similiar). Those seem to interfer with the activation.

3 hours ago, DR_ADHAM said:

May be the message title is misleading

Hmm, not sure what's misleading, it's not 'legit activation' per se and states 'all is OK, if put there intentionally' (chosen method looks correct in both cases).

xoseba
Posted (edited)
12 minutes ago, s1ave77 said:

Looks like you used Update and Service Tweaks (probably a tool like O&OShutup or similiar). Those seem to interfer with the activation.

Thank you @s1ave77
No, I have not used any tool. Only the S.O., Firefox and Google Chrome will be on this PC

Edited by xoseba