Donations Read more... ×
We need your help Read more... ×
Reefa

How Pirates Use New Technologies for Old Sharing Habits

steven36
Posted (edited)

I  still never needed to go to Telegram and Discord  to find a release, but i do have some Reddit subs for video and music added to and kodi addon .  as the OP states there not exempt from shutting you down when push comes to shove ,  while these are new services the tech is not nothing new  we was doing this on IRC  and other chat programs back 17 or 18 years ago I share links  on  chat with open source encryption and i been doing it for way  longer than these services existed,   they is some tech out there like zero net that can't t be touched by DMCA  but tell  everyone is forced  to go  underground the next big thing want take the centralized nets  place. /r/piracy is a  joke like most subs on Reddit it's just a honeypot for the feds to find out info, just like they removed Darknet sites based on  info from Reddit in the past,  of  course if they start sharing warez  on Discord  and talking about it on Reddit they going to be shut down,  while many closed forums on the  centralized net goes unbothered . I find out some good stuff  on Reddit in the past but the problem is everyone and the Feds finds it out too  and seen a lot of  shit get closed down because they made it public on that site. All them Kodi Devs that got letters all hanged  out on Telegram so what good did being on there  do them?   :dance:

Edited by steven36

steven36
Posted (edited)
27 minutes ago, knowledge said:

I use Discord sometimes

Well the less you talk about it in public the better off you are , the more you talk about something in public  the more likely a spy will end up in you're  group . Back in the day i use to didn't care about privacy. i use to share music , get on web cams , sing and chase women in the chat rooms they act like it's something new but it's not.  I use to be and admin in the rooms  with 100s of  people in them even tell i got bored of it and then i started  doing warez on forums now i retired from posting it as well. Once i started caring about privacy on the Internet most of my problems in real life went away as well , as i was being stalked by people who knew me in real life.  :lol:

Edited by steven36

Togijak
1 hour ago, steven36 said:

Well the less you talk about it in public the better off you are , the more you talk about something in public  the more likely a spy will end up in you're  group .

dspkvj2hyo5f2psgz.png

knowledge
Posted (edited)

Who stalked u ?some girl ?

Edited by knowledge

nsan3
On 4/16/2018 at 4:50 PM, steven36 said:

Well the less you talk about it in public the better off you are , the more you talk about something in public  the more likely a spy will end up in you're  group . Back in the day i use to didn't care about privacy. i use to share music , get on web cams , sing and chase women in the chat rooms they act like it's something new but it's not.  I use to be and admin in the rooms  with 100s of  people in them even tell i got bored of it and then i started  doing warez on forums now i retired from posting it as well. Once i started caring about privacy on the Internet most of my problems in real life went away as well , as i was being stalked by people who knew me in real life.  :lol:

Don't tell me it were the cam-girls that stacked me, uh ah no :o