Can you recommend me software to make whole drive backups?

mkc21

On 10/27/2018 at 8:28 AM, dcs18 said:

Hello vitorio!

I've never had the occasion to use Drive SnapShot — the only other backup & restore program that I've ever tried-out is Macrium.

The reason I prefer Acronis over any other program is that the backup and restore is so reliable that I have never met with a failure in my entire career . . . . not even once — I perform a full backup of my system partition at least once a day . . . . sometimes even twice a day.

The key to the Acronis reliability that negates the need for a second backup & restore program is a hidden function of validating backups — this option is not enabled by default and when enabled, ensures a rock solid backup that will never fail (please note, enabling the validating feature increases the backup time.)

Hello, please can you explain how to enable this option "validating backups".

Thank´s

914mrx ;)

• Replies 59
  • Views 5.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 10/28/2018 at 12:09 PM, Jordan said:

There are better and fully loaded bootable iso's like those created by Sergei Strelec or Bob Omb

Mine is exclusively dedicated to backup/restore/partition tasks

This one is a test on RS5

02.png

But i'll consider sharing it soon maybe.

So I'll be waiting for your final decision, because my use would be exactly for the same purposes as you, perhaps, would add one or two files recovery software, but nothing more than that, I find these other very loaded versions of applications that for me are almost that totally unthinking ...

A hug and I await your sharing.

Regards!

On 10/28/2018 at 11:03 PM, 914mrx said:
On 10/27/2018 at 12:58 PM, dcs18 said:

Hello vitorio!

I've never had the occasion to use Drive SnapShot — the only other backup & restore program that I've ever tried-out is Macrium.

The reason I prefer Acronis over any other program is that the backup and restore is so reliable that I have never met with a failure in my entire career . . . . not even once — I perform a full backup of my system partition at least once a day . . . . sometimes even twice a day.

The key to the Acronis reliability that negates the need for a second backup & restore program is a hidden function of validating backups — this option is not enabled by default and when enabled, ensures a rock solid backup that will never fail (please note, enabling the validating feature increases the backup time.)

Thank´s

914mrx ;)

Please disregard the poor quality of the picture — it was shot with a very old cell phone. :P

JuFvgbB.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2018 at 5:33 PM, 914mrx said:

Thank´s

914mrx ;)

Validating Backups With Acronis True Image

Using the install version:

- Start creating a backup task

- Click "Options"

01.png

- Click "Advanced" tab

02.png

- Enable both checkboxes if you need to

03.png

Using the boot media:

- Start creating a backup task

- Once you provide the archive location, you will be offered the choice to validate it as shown below:

04.png

==============================================================================================

Validating Backups With Macrium Reflect

Using the install version:

- Click "Edit Defaults" (triggers icon)

06.png

- Click "Auto Verify Image"

- Enable the provided checkbox

Using the boot media:

- Choose any of the two options of Backup Tasks

- Click "Auto Verify Image"

- Enable the provided checkbox

07.png

EaseUS Todo Backup is very good

In addition to the shareware, it has also a free one

Also medicine is available for the shareware

• 2 weeks later...

Macrium reflect.......... can be used for complete, incremental backups.........

Can create boot CD , in event of any unforeseen eventuality it’s very useful. 

Simple to use ........ am using it for last couple of years and have never let me down 🙂

Archived