App querry

Betts1964

Hi, I have an android phone which has 2 accounts associated with it. One of them works fine whenever I receive an email. On my second account, I will receive an email and the ringtone on the 1st email that arrives. When I receive anymore than that, no ringtone but i get all others in my inbox. The only way it will work is if i clear the cache. A question I have is there anyone other cache to be cleared other than apps because when when I try an delete caps app it wont work? Is there an app that will clear all types of cache and/or data that will clear all types of cache if there is others involved besides apps ? I hope i am wording this well enough for all of u to understand. If not, could someone recommend an app or another way to accomplish what i need to do?

Thx so much.

Boot in ANDROID DEVICE Recovery Mode

and

Clear Cache from there.

Otherwise use apps like SDMaid (best when phone is rooted)

You can try resetting the GMAIL or whatever MAIL APP you've installed App from the settings apps

by CLEARING ALL DATA 

and reconfigure your mail from there.

23 minutes ago, 0bin said:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dalvik_(software)

Cache.

https://twrp.me/about/

You will need root.

You will need to flash the recovery environment, twrp app has a very simple way to wipe cache.

If you suspect the problem is real, and you think I can help you, or other members too, please, go on and share a logcat of the issue you are experiencing; otherwise I will not be able to help you. Be sure to remove personal info, before posting it.

Is it safe to root a phone making it easier to hack or making it unable to update as i have read this info on other help sites and googling it as well. Thx.

PS... LOVE your new avatar. It is awesome. :)

IMHO Normal OTA updates don't work after a root.. you have to unroot it to do that... Or instal it manually

It depends on you and how comfortable you are with rooting and stuff.

2 hours ago, teodz1984 said:

Boot in ANDROID DEVICE Recovery Mode

and

Clear Cache from there.

Otherwise use apps like SDMaid (best when phone is rooted)

You can try resetting the GMAIL or whatever MAIL APP you've installed App from the settings apps

by CLEARING ALL DATA 

and reconfigure your mail from there.

Concerning SD Maid, I used an app scheduler to run it on intervals I want. Is there a way to set it up to clean / clear everything I want it to do without touching any keys or anything at all? If yes, how do i do it plz?

TIA

Edited by Betts1964

19 minutes ago, 0bin said:

SD Maid has its own scheduler, where time of event and frequency can be set.

SD Maid - System Cleaning Tool beta, pro or both plz? Thx much.

7 hours ago, bergy1964 said:

Is there an app that will clear all types of cache and/or data that will clear all types of cache if there is others involved besides apps ?

wAuZXLz.png

• Like 2

When using sd maid,  I was wondering if the following entries should be selected:

1.Corps finder
2.System cleaner
3.App cleaner
4.Duplicates
5.Storage analyzer
6.Databases

I'm looking to accomplish the same thing that will Wipe Cache Partition does.

Thx

3 hours ago, 0bin said:

avoid using thanks, the like/thanks button replaced the thanks longs ago...

Regards,

I will try to remember your wishes but i, myself, try to not let little things like this bother me as it is bad for my health :)

Edited by Betts1964

On 4/6/2018 at 2:18 AM, teodz1984 said:

It depends on you and how comfortable you are with rooting and stuff.

I have start to thinking about because (soon or later) I will buy perhaps my first smartphone (to give one example : Oukitel K10000 Max).

Then do you have any guide to advice ? No I don't have any idea (where to start ?).

What do you think about the Lineage OS-v15 ? It will be better to wait Lineage OS-v16 ? There is probably one way to install Android Oreo (without the craps), no ?

Do we have another choice (Windows 10 Mobile, Ubuntu Touch, Librem 5, etc) for the OS ?

PS : To download the Oukitel firmware, I must be register at first ? Because apparently the page is empty (and for me, it's sound strange).

http://www.oukitel.com/products/k/k10000-max-75.html

http://www.oukitel.com/download.html

I rather to say first because my previous phone is very old (at least 5 years then no Android).

Apparently, there is a driver (aka MediaTek PreLoader USB VCOM (Android)) to install at first.

Edited by Ecarion

4 hours ago, 0bin said:

I am sorry bruinator to hear your health is not good,

I hope to be able to help you for what I can, and please, share also your knowledge with us. :)

Sorry to be a PITA guys for another question or 2. If i wanted to set the scheduler for multiple intervals, does the phone need to be rooted? If not, how the heck do i do it plz? I set it up once but i cant figure out how to do more than one time. thx

Free vs Pro Version

The "Pro" version of SD Maid also called the "Unlocker" is a plugin, it's not a standalone application. You should install it toegether with the free version of SD Maid and then start the free version. It will detect the plugin and enable all extra features.

Current upgrades:

• User defined SystemCleaner filter
  • Deletion function in the AppCleaner tool
  • Deletion function in the Duplicates tool
  • Scheduled operations via timer
  • Scheduled reboots (power cycle or software restart)
  • A widget to execute the main tools.
  • File/app previews in all tools
  • A searchable history of SD Maids actions
  • Launcher shortcutus to specific tools
  • Additional search options
  • Android 7.1 app icon shortcuts
  • (Forced) app moving to external storage on supported devices.
  • Sleeping well, knowing the developer is motivated to keep developing :tada:

SD MAID PRO has a single time trigger ...

You set it for a certain time of the day, and you are good..

If you are a paying customer you can ask the DEVELOPER to add the feature for multiple triggers.

re: your questions for SD Maid and root: go here : https://github.com/d4rken/sdmaid-public/wiki/Frequently-Asked-Questions#free-vs-pro-version

Does SD Maid only work with root?

No. SD Maid will adjust its behavior to fit your device.

SD Maid being able to use root is a bonus for people with rooted devices. It does not make SD Maid work worse on unrooted devices.

Some people are saying: If you have rooted device you should use SD Maid, but if your device is not rooted, choose a different application. That's wrong. All applications are bound by the same restrictions, how each app uses what it has available, is what makes the difference. Choose a different app if you don't feel comfortable using SD Maid, if it is too complicated or you simply don't like it, but not because you don't have a rooted device.

Functions that don't work at all without root are usually those that modify other apps, such as freezing or disabling components or uninstalling system apps.

Imagine you buy an offroad vehicle, like a Jeep or a LandRover Defender.
Do you have to drive offroad? No, but if you want to, then you can.
It still works perfectly well being driven on a normal road. 

TASKER (Requires Root)

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=net.dinglisch.android.taskerm&hl=en

Total Automation, From Settings to SMS.

* Triggers: App, Time, Day, Location, Hard/Soft State, Event, Shortcut, Widget, Timer, Plugins
* Actions: 200+ built-in, plugin support
* Tasks: loops, variables, conditions
* Scenes: design your own screen overlays
* App Creation: create your own standalone apps to share or sell! (Android 2.3+)

Trial: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/dl
Starter Guides: http://tasker.dinglisch.net/guides.html
Official Support Forum: https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/tasker
Community full of people willing to help: https://www.reddit.com/r/tasker/
Queries, Problems: see Menu / Info / Support in-app

It's not possible to fix problems reported via Play Store Comments...

****** Actions By Category ******

[not all actions available on all devices]

* ALERT: Flash, Notify LED/Sound/Vibrate, Cancel Notification, Popup Timed/WithTaskIcons/Names, Torch, Vibrate, Vibrate Pattern
* APP: Calendar Insert, Go Home, Kill App, Load App, Open Map (/StreetView/Nav)
* AUDIO: Alarm/Call/DTMF/Media/Notif./Ringer/System Volume, Haptic Feedback Toggle, Mic Mute, Notification Pulse, Notification(<4.1)/Ringer Vibrate (<4.2 or root), Silent Mode, Speakerphone, Sound Effects toggle
* DIALOG: 28 System Settings dialogs
* DISPLAY: Auto-Brightness, Close System Dialogs, Keyguard, Keyguard Pattern, Display Brightness, Display Off Timeout, Display Rotation, Set Wallpaper, Stay On, Status Bar (expand/collapse), System Lock
* FILE: Browse Files, Directory Create/Delete/Move, File Copy/Delete/Move/Open, Write To File, Read Line, Read Paragraph, Zip/Unzip File
* INPUT: Button, Dpad (root only), Type (root only), Input Method Select, Soft Keyboard (show)
* MEDIA: Media Button Events (grab), Media Player Control, Music File/Dir, Play/Forward/Back/Stop, Photo/Series/TimeSeries, Record Audio, Record Audio Stop, Ringtone, Scan Card
* MISC: (Broadcast) Action Intent, Component Intent, Get Location, GPS Status (<2.3 or Cyanogen/submod), Run (ASE) Script, Say, Say To File, Shut Up, Search For, Set Clipboard, Reboot (root only), Set CPU (root only) Set Timezone
* NETWORK: Airplane Mode (<4.1 or root), Autosync, BT, BT ID, Compose Email, Browse URL, HTTP GET, HTTP POST, Mobile Data (on/off), Mobile Data 2G/3G (Cyanogen only), USB Tether, WiFi Toggle, Wifi Disconnect/Reassociate/Reconnect, Wifi Sleep, Wifi Tether, Wimax Toggle
* PHONE: Call, Call Log, Call Block/Divert/Revert, Compose MMS/SMS, Contacts, End Call, Radio, Send SMS, Send Data SMS, Silence Ringer, Take Call
* TASKER: Change Icon Set, If, End If, Goto Action, Perform Task, Profile Toggle, Query Action, Set Widget Icon, Set Widget Label, Stop, Wait, Wait Until
* VARIABLES: Set, Clear, Inc, Dec, Query, Randomize, Split, Join, List
* 3RD PARTY: Android Notifier, Astrid, BeyondPod, JuiceDefender Data/Toggle, Gentle Alarm, NewsRob, OfficeTalk, SleepBot, SMS Backup+, TeslaLED, WidgetLocker

****** States ******

Airplane Mode, BT Connected, Calendar Entry, Docked, Headset Plugged, Incoming Call, Keyboard Out, Light Level, Media Button, Missed Call, Mobile Network, Device Orientation, Power, Various Sensors, Signal Strength, Unread Text, Variable Value, Wifi Network, Wifi Near

****** Events ******

Alarm Clock/Done, Date Set, Time/Date Set, Timezone Set, Display: Off/On/Unlocked, File Closed/Deleted/Modified/Moved/Opened/Attributes Changed, Camera/Search Button Long-Press, Card Mounted/Removed/Unmounted, Gesture,Missed Call, Phone Changes, Received Text, SMS Send Success/Failure, Battery Changed/Full/Low/Overheating, Device Boot, Device Shutdown, Storage Low, Locale Changed, New/Removed/Updated Package, Wallpaper Changed, Button Gadget Clicked, New Window, Notification, Notification Clicked, Zoom Click, Variable Cleared/Set, K9 Email Received, Gentle Alarm, Kaloer Clock, OpenWatch, Reddit Notify, Screebl, Widget Locker

Note: Tasker uses the BIND_DEVICE_ADMIN permission in order to provide the System Lock functionality.

https://www.guidingtech.com/45575/tasker-alternatives/

AUTOMATE

AUTOMATEIT – SMART AUTOMATION

CONDI

MACRODROID

On 4/6/2018 at 3:09 AM, dcs18 said:

wAuZXLz.png

Hi DCS, Could you plz tell me where I can find the exact screen to where this is located so I can select those to choices. TIA