Banish Netflix's 'Continue watching' pop-up with Flix Assist

ZaG

Netflix is great. Its interruptions to make sure you're still watching aren't.

netflixhome-100597930-large.jpg

Netflix loves to serve its binge-watching customers who view a whole season of House of Cards or Daredevil in a matter of days. But Netflix knows how to annoy us bingers, too. The worst is when the streaming service pauses your show every few episodes to ask if you’re still watching.

First-world problem? Definitely. Something you’d rather not have to deal with? Absolutely.

A new Chrome extension called Flix Assist aims to solve the ‘continue watching’ problem and get rid of that 30-second countdown between episodes.

There’s really nothing to this extension. Now, I know I say that a lot, but I really mean it this time. With Flix Assist all you have to do is install it and the extension starts working. There are no settings to turn on or off, you don’t have to sign-in, nothing. Just install it, start watching Netflix and the extension takes care of the rest.

Keep in mind that this extension will only affect the performance of Netflix on the desktop. It won’t speed up the 30-second pause between episodes on your smartphone or any another non-Chrome platform. Meaning, horror of horrors, you’ll actually have to tap a button to skip the 30-second intermission.

Source: pcworld.com

I have got tired of this annoyance from netflix so found this extension for chrome last night. I installed and netflix never bother me all night. Important note would be that if this extension fails to work for you please see your netflix settings>account>test participation and toggle to "off". For some reason if this setting is turned on (which it is by default) it can make the extension no work. 

• Views 591
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Archived