What's the best VPN for torrenting?

tysroby

The other day I received a threatening letter from a French agency, stating I will clearly regret it, if I will continue my illegal download spree. 

I never used a VPN before, and I was unsuccessfully trying to get Avast's Secureline to work. So would you please recommend me a different VPN, to make my torrenting worry-free? I honestly don't have 1500 Euros if they decide to fine me :D 

Thanks!

• Replies 26
  • Views 3.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, tysroby said:

The other day I received a threatening letter from a French agency, stating I will clearly regret it, if I will continue my illegal download spree. 

I never used a VPN before, and I was unsuccessfully trying to get Avast's Secureline to work. So would you please recommend me a different VPN, to make my torrenting worry-free? I honestly don't have 1500 Euros if they decide to fine me :D 

Thanks!

49 minutes ago, Togijak said:

@tysroby

read https://torrentfreak.com/vpn-services-keep-anonymous-2018/ but be aware, that the rank says nothing about the quality of the VPN (site is known as sponsored)

@tysroby, read the link @Togijak posted above, and then read the following link:

https://thebestvpn.com/

I know that is a lot of reading, but what is the best VPN for me may not be the best VPN for you, depending on your location, your bandwidth need, etc.; therefore, you have to read and make your own informed decision.

I'm also looking for a VPN for torrenting but unfortunately cannot stump up the cash :(

Any decent free ones or patched versions someone could kindly recommend me please?

I know free isn't going to be the best but better than nothing I suppose! Feel free to PM me if you do not want to comment on the thread.

@BTJB I don't understand why you quoted me.

You had to address him, because he was the one who asked ”What's the best VPN for torrenting”, not me.

20 minutes ago, BTJB said:

I remember VPNium, but the website does not exist any more. :dunno:

Thanks BTJB, hopefully someone else will be able to help me out.

C.G.B. Spender

PIA - the only I could find with lots of servers, good speeds, no p2p throttling, good ping for online games - and most importantly supports Port Forwarding in certain countries. None other major providers support Port Forwarding. Without forwarding 3/4 of my magnet links don't even receive metadata (Tried torrenting via NordVPN via the recent 3 day trial - terrible).

Been using PIA on my 24/7 dl/seedboox close to 2 years now without any issue.

Lastly be it said that I do not believe any VPN operator however strongly he touts "no logs" policy wouldn't magically produce them if ordered by FBI, but I use vpn to shield my traffic from ISP mostly.

8 hours ago, sixoclock said:

@tysroby, read the link @Togijak posted above, and then read the following link:

https://thebestvpn.com/

I know that is a lot of reading, but what is the best VPN for me may not be the best VPN for you, depending on your location, your bandwidth need, etc.; therefore, you have to read and make your own informed decision.

Thanks! No worries though, I work the night shift at a reception desk, so I have enough spare time on my hands to read.

SnakeMasteR
17 hours ago, tysroby said:

I honestly don't have 1500 Euros if they decide to fine me :D 

Get yourself a decent OCH hoster and a site with nice releases. No need for torrent. If you don't have the money to take the risk, don't take the risk, that easy.

2 hours ago, SnakeMasteR said:

Get yourself a decent OCH hoster and a site with nice releases. No need for torrent. If you don't have the money to take the risk, don't take the risk, that easy.

Why?  i pay pennies a day  for a private  service that let me download from most all OCH hosters  and i can do torrents too without even accessing p2p, torrent  to direct link . Buying OCH hosters is so 2008  it's not funny ,  this idea died out when Kim Dotcom got megaupload shut down and and others closed down out of  paranoia and millions of people lost all there storage . From 2011  still to this day i don't store stuff in the cloud i want to keep i keep it on external HDs.

SnakeMasteR

I don't mean that by paying for it, nobody cares as long as you don't pay money for anything, nor have an account somewhere. There are craploads of sites supporting bunch of good free OCH's, no need to risk it. And what does a VPN if your provider can hand all the shiney information over in plain text. :lol::lol::lol:

2 hours ago, SnakeMasteR said:

I don't mean that by paying for it, nobody cares as long as you don't pay money for anything, nor have an account somewhere. There are craploads of sites supporting bunch of good free OCH's, no need to risk it. And what does a VPN if your provider can hand all the shiney information over in plain text. :lol::lol::lol:

Yes there  is  some sites that offer free links, but there very limited on what they offer .  Many sites i know you cant get  a file over 1gb  from a fast free hoster  and if they do offer files over 1gb if one of links is dead  you're sol,  with the service i pay a few pennies a day for, i can just  go to rarbg or one of the Russian sites and  put in a  30 or 40 gb  BLU-RAY  disc torrent  or go to one of the forums i belong too that post HD releases and  dl  from paid  OCHs   . Also I can stream  4k - SD  via Kodi  with it too .  

I never heard of no one  getting turned in by there VPN for just torrenting anyways . In my country its just a civil matter and not a criminal offense no ways .   The RIAA and MPAA has set massive fines for illegal downloads in the past , mainly to discourage the practice. they know they want never see  the money  and this has been happing  since the early 2000s in my country since back in the days of Kazza  and Imesh long before torrneting was used much and still if i want to download some music if i cant find on the open Internet,  i  still use a old timey peer to peer client that's not BitTorrent  with a vpn an never had a bit of trouble. My ISP are  butt holes they have a cap in place that they never enforce unless  they can see you pirating when  im behind a vpn  they cant see me or what i download  Im watching netflix and youtube for all they know :P

I would trust  some vpns  more than i would any OCH  (get rich scams) because  most of them state in there toss they will give you're info over to the cops if asked and if you don't use  no vpn,  they going get you're real ip for sure . You do nothing to protect you're privacy you'll  have no privacy  ..Its you're choice . You sure do put a lot of faith in you're  ISP that can see  what you dl  . I been on the Internet since 2001 and been using vpn since 2011 and i never been bothered ever  in real life. .:tooth:

I don't torrent but theoretically your VPN has to have kill switch - no bits transferred after VPN connection drops. Avoid German-based - Cyberghost, Zenmate, Avira... and US-based - PIA, VPN Unlimited... VPN providers. Avoid HMA and other openly logging VPN providers. NordVPN is good if you can get enough speed for your server area, and they have three day trial to test it. :tooth:

Nowadays, using VPNs is mandatory just like condom use when you are having sex with an unknown person.;)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
EternalPurple
On 30/05/2018 at 1:38 PM, ivana19 said:

Nord Vpn is the best for torrenting.

https://nordvpn.com

Well, I don't know if it is the best, but I use NordVPN for torrents it and it is more than enough for my needs. Even though it doesn't support port forwarding, but the speeds make up for it.

Archived