Hello

rasbridge

As for me, I am just an old pensioner trying to scrape by. The motto that I live my life by is "Do something that helps people.  Do something of service.  It will always make you feel good about your life."

In the past 20 months I have had 3 surgeries for a recurrent type of Sarcoma.  Growing up, I was raised in a subsistence lifestyle. My grandfather dropped out of school in the 3rd grade and my father the 9th. All of our meat we fished, hunted or raised. All of our vegetables we raised. My mother sewed our clothes and made our soap etc. Many of my closest friends were also from poor families and generally were only able to eat meat that they hunted.  I joined the military so I could provide a better life for myself.

I have been a member here for over 5 years now and this is my favorite site on the internet.  Therefore, when this site has been offline, I have felt like a fish out of water.  My primary interests are technology and medicine, especially cancer.  

With my knees being bone-on-bone it is painful to walk, so I am pretty much housebound.  As a result, I spend a lot of my time here reading through the various threads and sharing articles found elsewhere that I feel may be of interest to other members here.  I know that some think that recently I have gone overboard with my sharing.  However, in 5 years I have only made 696 posts, so clearly I have done far more reading here than posting.  Anyway, to keep everyone happy, I intend to contribute less in the future.  

Now, you know a little more about me.

• Replies 5
  • Views 742
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, rasbridge said:

...   Anyway, to keep everyone happy, I intend to contribute less in the future.  

Now, you know a little more about me.

First thank you, thank you, and thank you to share.  Second, I feel loss if you post less.  Please keep post coming.  Each & everyday.

Archived