Donations Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  
maut

uTorrent 2.2.1 and cross seed?

maut

Need some help guys, I'm trying to cross seed between 2 private trackers but I can not get the 2 torrents in my utorrent client 2.2.1

It says that the specific torrent is already there and I can download the tracker if I want, I click on no because I don't want to seed the torrent in 1 torrent file.

I need two torrents in my client, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance,

maut :)

JeepWillys58

Hello friend,

From what I understand you want the same torrent to be seeded by you in two tracker at the same time?

If it is, unfortunately it is not possible, you must create another torrent, with the same files but with different names.

Phragmeister

If you're receiving that message, you won't be able to cross-seed the torrent. It usually means both torrents were made using the same client with the same 'Piece size' resulting in duplicate hash codes.

I don't think there's any workaround.

maut
6 hours ago, Phragmeister said:

If you're receiving that message, you won't be able to cross-seed the torrent. It usually means both torrents were made using the same client with the same 'Piece size' resulting in duplicate hash codes.

I don't think there's any workaround.

That's what I thought too, thanks for your reply though! :)

flitox

have you tried running 2 instances of utorrent, each having their own folder for data and so having a different list of torrents?

sixoclock
Posted (edited)
On 3/9/2018 at 10:31 AM, maut said:

Need some help guys, I'm trying to cross seed between 2 private trackers but I can not get the 2 torrents in my utorrent client 2.2.1

It says that the specific torrent is already there and I can download the tracker if I want, I click on no because I don't want to seed the torrent in 1 torrent file.

I need two torrents in my client, how do I do that?

Thanks in advance,

maut :)

Can't you just add the second private tracker to your existing torrent since you can have more than one tracker per torrent?

Edited by sixoclock

Pequi
3 hours ago, sixoclock said:

Can't you just add the second private tracker to your existing torrent since you can have more than one tracker per torrent?

It's what I would do. You can't seed two torrents with the same magnet URL.

You could add a text file to one, or both of them, like an NFO, so the magnet checksum would be different and re-generate the torrents. Then Utorrent would accept them.

Torrent1 = main file + NFO1

Torrent2 = main file + NFO2