16 Free Image Hosting Websites for Your Photos

mona

16 Free Image Hosting Websites for Your Photos

Reviews of the Best Image Hosting Websites

A good free image hosting website will give you a convenient place to store your photos so you can access and share them quickly and easily.

Some of these free image hosting websites also include basic editing capabilities like resizing, cropping, and adding effects. It can be a great way to share to your photos with others.

Each image hosting website works a little bit differently so be sure to read the specifics before deciding on one. You'll want to consider the storage size, file size, types of files you can upload, and ease of uploading your photos.

Some additional features you'll come across included allowable direct linking, image galleries, HTML links, editing features, and privacy settings.

Imgur
    The upload window in Imgur
    •••

Use Imgur to store an unlimited number of your photos without ever worrying about them expiring. All your images are kept online forever until you decide to remove them.

Anyone can upload images to Imgur but you can also create a free account to manage privacy, create albums easier, add captions, and upload images via email attachments.

The following image file types can be uploaded to Imgur: JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, APNG, TIF, TIFF, BMP, PDF, and XCF.

Non-animated files can be up to 50 MB in size while GIFs can be as large as 200 MB.

Upload pictures to Imgur by pasting them onto the website, selecting one from your computer, or entering the URL of the image. There are plenty of Imgur apps that make it easier to upload images from desktop and mobile devices.

Direct linking is allowed and you're also given links for embedding the image in HTML or adding it to message boards and forums.

imgbox
    The imgbox homepage
    •••

imgbox offers unlimited storage and zero expiration dates for images you upload. Files can be up to 10 MB in size and of the JPG, GIF, or PNG file type.

Direct linking, drag and drop uploading, image galleries, and simultaneous uploads are supported through imgbox. In addition to direct links you can also find get HTML and message board friendly codes.

A free imgbox account is optional but is used to revisit your images and galleries to find their public links.

Use
    The Use.com homepage where you upload files
    •••

Image files uploaded to Use stay for an indefinite period of time and can be of any size, but they're displayed at a maximum of 8 megapixels.

The bulk upload feature allows up to 100 images to be sent to Use at once.

After uploading, you can send links to your email or view a gallery link if you've uploaded more than one image, copy HTML thumbnail links, and see links that can be used for message boards and full-size views. Direct image links are not given.

Create a free account with Use to retrieve images you've uploaded, remove images from your account, and change privacy settings.

Uploads.im
    The Uploads.im homepage
    •••

Uploads.im supports multiple image uploads at once with a single file limit of 10 MB. You can also import images from a URL.

The following are the supported file types: JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, TIFF, PSD, and PDF.

Before uploading, you can choose to shorten the URL and/or adjust the width of an image to resize it without distorting its proportions. After an upload, direct, HTML, and BBCode links are given.

There are browser extensions for Chrome and Firefox to enable context menu uploading from any website.

Images uploaded to Upload.im are not removed after a certain period of time and there are no restrictions on the number of picture files you can upload. However, you can not delete a photo once you've uploaded it to Uploads.im.

ImageBam
    The Imagebam homepage
    •••

ImageBam supports unlimited uploads and downloads for JPG, GIF, and PNG files that are under 10 MB. You can alternatively upload a ZIP file full of images so long as the archive is less than 250 MB.

Direct linking is not supported with ImageBam.

You can register to edit images, organize photos into galleries, and add a title and description to galleries.

Postimage
    The postimage homepage
    •••

A list of URLs or multiple local images can be uploaded to Postimage at once. This can be done through the website as well as with the desktop software for Windows.

The maximum upload size is 8 MB, and the images can be resized before finishing processing. Postimage supports PDF and PSD files in addition to more common images files like JPG, PNG, GIF, BMP, and TIFF.

Multiple image uploads creates a gallery that can be shared with others via a unique link. Individual files can be shared via a direct link.

A free account can be created to resize and keep track of your uploads as well as create custom galleries and delete existing uploads.

Photobucket
    The homepage of Photobucket
    •••

You must register for a free account to upload images to Photobucket. Users will get 2 GB of storage for hosting images. You may even qualify for 8 GB of extra storage by downloading the mobile app.

You can upload images from your computer, a URL, or from your Facebook account. Uploads from a computer can be in the form of a whole folder or just single files.

GIF, JPG, JPEG, PNG and BMP file types are supported with no restriction on the size. However, GIF images must be under 5 MB and/or not exceed 800 frames.

You're able to view links for images that have been uploaded but true direct linking isn't supported.

Albums can be created with Photobucket and shared with others over email and with the public.

TinyPic
      Uploading images and videos to tinypic
      •••

Use TinyPic to upload images by URL or ones from your computer. Only one image can be uploaded at once and they can not exceed 1600 pixels in length or width. Anything larger is automatically resized.

Acceptable formats include JPG, PNG, GIF, and BMP.

Before an upload, you can choose to resize it to one of six preset sizes. You also need to enter a captcha code before sending photos to TinyPic.

Images that are not viewed for 90 days will be removed from TinyPic.

You can register with TinyPic for free to upload multiple images, edit uploads, store pictures indefinitely, delete photos, and create albums.

GifyU
      The homepage of Gifyu
      •••

You can use GifyU to host files from your own computer or ones from a URL. This hosting site accepts PNG, JPG, GIF, and BMP image files, no larger than 100 MB in size.

GifyU supports multiple image uploads so you don't have to select single files - you can add more images at one time for quicker uploads.

Direct links are given after uploads as well as view links, HTML codes, and BBCodes. Also, your images are posted to the gallery, here, when uploaded.

Create a free account with GifyU and you can create private and public photo albums.

IMGHST
      The homepage of Imghst
      •••

This is probably one of the easiest image hosting websites to use. There are no user accounts you have to create and the website has a very simple design.

Just drag and drop up to 10 files at once that are each less than 10 MB in size onto the IMGHST website, and they'll immediately begin uploading. You'll get the direct links to each of them once they're fully uploaded.

ImageUpper.com
      Uploading images to ImageUpper
      •••

ImageUpper.com has no hosting expiration, accepts multiple uploads at once, doesn't limit bandwidth, and accepts 3 MB files that are in GIF, JPG, or PNG format.

Before uploading pictures, you're able to choose to optimize the images for faster downloads by stripping tags and other unnecessary things from the file, reportedly without a loss in quality.

Direct links to images are not given but you're able to right-click them and copy the URL to use for linking.

You can optionally make a free account with ImageUpper.com for viewing all your images, getting URLs for sharing them, and deleting any past upload.

ImageBin
      The upload options at Image Bin
      •••

Only one image less than 3 MB can be uploaded to ImageBin at one time. The file type can be JPG, JPEG, PNG, GIF, or BMP.

You're able to add image tags, adjust the thumbnail width, enter a title for the image, and choose how long the picture should stay online. The expiration can be 1 day, 1 week, 6 months, or completely disabled so it's available forever.

Direct linking is available if you choose the "Download Image" link after it uploads.

ImageVenue
      The ImageVenue homepage
      •••

ImageVenue supports uploading JPG and JPEG files as long as they are under 3 MB.

Multiple uploads are supported with no limitation on bandwidth or storage capacity. However, direct linking is not acceptable.

Files that haven't been accessed in 1 year will be removed.

ImageTitan
      The homepage of ImageTitan
      •••

ImageTitan only allows uploads that don't exceed 1.5 MB. You can use a web browser to upload images one at a time or connect to ImageTitan through an FTP client to send up to 100 picture files at once.

GIF, JPG, JPEG, and PNG are the allowed file types. There is no expiration on your uploads as well as no bandwidth limits.

Direct link addresses aren't given out for ImageTitan uploads. Pictures display on a webpage with other text and links.

Something I don't like about ImageTitan is that you must enter a captcha code to upload images. Also, because you can't create an account, you must retain the deletion code to remove your images at a later date.

ImageFra.me
      The imageframe homepage
      •••

You must sign up with ImageFra.me to upload images and they can not be more than 2 MB.

You're able to upload multiple images at once, make uploads private, and optionally create an album. Images can be in any of these file types: JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP, and PDF.   

HTML links and direct URLs to the pictures are given.

• Replies 15
  • Views 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

tumblr_ora11tEjld1ugqndyo1_1280.thumb.jpg.69dd8dc547d2cda681fa2a2bd2857498.jpgi was using IMGBOX for many years, but last year they notified me to remove my images, couse IMGBOX is closing, and now i see, its still open -.-

Pushed the button for this very usefull information.............:D   !

1 hour ago, sedative said:

i was using IMGBOX for many years, but last year they notified me to remove my images, couse IMGBOX is closing, and now i see, its still open -.-

maybe april mop :P just kidding .

i got notice too and then i move to postimage

4 minutes ago, sebangzat said:

maybe april mop :P just kidding .

i got notice too and then i move to postimage

And then i found this:

oh wonderful!

a free service with more than 7 years of history, empowering people to upload, share and enjoy images online.

Hosting millions of files requires massive resources and it simply became too big for our previous hosting platform to handle.

We are pleased to announce we have partnered with a new team that have extensive experience in large-scale hosting, our new gen hardware enables us to continue to provide the high standard of service that you are used to, while preparing us for many billions of files into the future.

Sincerely,
The Team

https://imgbox.com/ree service with more than 7 years of history, empowering people to upload, share and enjoy images online.

Hosting millions of files requires massive resources and it simply became too big for our previous hosting platform to handle.

We are pleased to announce we have partnered with a new team that have extensive experience in large-scale hosting, our new gen hardware enables us to continue to provide the high standard of service that you are used to, while preparing us for many billions of files into the future.

Sincerely,
The Team"

• Administrator

Topic moved to Technology News. Well, it's not exactly news but it's an good new article, if I can say so. Anyway, Technology News is also for topics which are internet related. So this suits here more.

Anyway, informative article. Some of those sites have a nice history behind them. Imgur for example, was funded by Reddit as there were not many good image hosters at that time. But then, Imgur became a social like site, so Reddit decided to start their own in-house image hosting service available only for their own site. As for others mentioned, maybe surprising to some members, some of them banned here. I personally would recommend Imgur and Postimage and stay away from sites like PB and such.

1 hour ago, DKT27 said:

Topic moved to Technology News. Well, it's not exactly news but it's an good new article, if I can say so. Anyway, Technology News is also for topics which are internet related. So this suits here more.

Anyway, informative article. Some of those sites have a nice history behind them. Imgur for example, was funded by Reddit as there were not many good image hosters at that time. But then, Imgur became a social like site, so Reddit decided to start their own in-house image hosting service available only for their own site. As for others mentioned, maybe surprising to some members, some of them banned here. I personally would recommend Imgur and Postimage and stay away from sites like PB and such.

If i remember  back before  Imgur started  most of the others i used  like  TinyPIC   and ImageShack  started banning  warez sites in mass  , This site has never enforced rules on images , I  even seen staff hotlinking  images  from publishers websites witch was a big no no  on other boards i belong too,  so you're lucky to get anyone  to upload there own images  at all here and imgur has became crap i don't  even like there api now. 

This site is full  of hotlinked images  from non hosting sites  and you going tell  us to use crappy hosters ? Not long ago Reddit was having problems with imgur with them blocking some countries  and also  the site since it lost it's way and became  a social network  like instagram i don't trust them  and  they have been hacked many times. I use to use Postimage back before they almost closed down but every since they came back i cant get the images to post right on this site  .Many errors in there api.   I been uploading images to sites  every since  2006  and its always been a big pain and nothing but problems from image sites banning  boards were they was  approved   and them closing shop  or making there api crap . they ever heard of keep it simple stupid ? :P

• Administrator
9 minutes ago, steven36 said:

If i remember  back before  Imgur started  most of the others i used  like  TinyPIC   and ImageShack  started banning  warez sites in mass  , This site has never enforced rules on images , I  even seen staff hotlinking  images  from publishers websites witch was a big no no  on other boards i belong too,  so you're lucky to get anyone  to upload there own images  at all here and imgur has became crap i don't  even like there api now.

You are correct there. The forums linking from that image host was banned unless someone specifically asked them for permission. Then they started banning the ability to see embedded links for non-top tier countries, I mean really, I have never such type of discrimination. I honestly never liked that image hoster.

Hotlinking is something I myself do not like at all. But it has become so widespread that I'm not sure where to start. We had to relax about it a bit when embedding from Imgur was broken here.

29 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

You are correct there. The forums linking from that image host was banned unless someone specifically asked them for permission. Then they started banning the ability to see embedded links for non-top tier countries, I mean really, I have never such type of discrimination. I honestly never liked that image hoster.

Hotlinking is something I myself do not like at all. But it has become so widespread that I'm not sure where to start. We had to relax about it a bit when embedding from Imgur was broken here.

The reason i knew some image hosters started banning boards was at appznet   they didn't care what host we used files or images  and all the sudden they started deleting our images as soon as we uploaded them . Some of the boards I belong to use to only allow, tinypic  and imageshack  and  back when blogs started using up to much bandwidth and  geting them in trouble for posting movie posters they crack down on many forums as well. imgur was like a breath of fresh air and were the best for many years .  But now they got to big  to care .

• Administrator
16 minutes ago, steven36 said:

The reason i knew some image hosters started banning boards was at appznet   they didn't care what host we used files or images  and all the sudden they started deleting our images as soon as we uploaded them . Some of the boards I belong to use to only allow, tinypic  and imageshack  and  back when blogs started using up to much bandwidth and  geting them in trouble for posting movie posters they crack down on many forums as well. imgur was like a breath of fresh air and were the best for many years .  But now they got to big  to care .

I see. You are right. I'm remembering some of it.

• 5 months later...

sites seen on the network, I'm left with imgur. Small and great story that we have been told.

Archived