Donations Read more... ×
mona

16 Free Image Hosting Websites for Your Photos

sedative
Posted (edited)

tumblr_ora11tEjld1ugqndyo1_1280.thumb.jpg.69dd8dc547d2cda681fa2a2bd2857498.jpgi was using IMGBOX for many years, but last year they notified me to remove my images, couse IMGBOX is closing, and now i see, its still open -.-

Edited by sedative

Pete 12

Pushed the button for this very usefull information.............:D   !

sebangzat
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, sedative said:

i was using IMGBOX for many years, but last year they notified me to remove my images, couse IMGBOX is closing, and now i see, its still open -.-

maybe april mop :P just kidding .

i got notice too and then i move to postimage

Edited by sebangzat

sedative
4 minutes ago, sebangzat said:

maybe april mop :P just kidding .

i got notice too and then i move to postimage

And then i found this:

oh wonderful!

a free service with more than 7 years of history, empowering people to upload, share and enjoy images online.

Hosting millions of files requires massive resources and it simply became too big for our previous hosting platform to handle.

We are pleased to announce we have partnered with a new team that have extensive experience in large-scale hosting, our new gen hardware enables us to continue to provide the high standard of service that you are used to, while preparing us for many billions of files into the future.

Sincerely,
The Team

https://imgbox.com/ree service with more than 7 years of history, empowering people to upload, share and enjoy images online.

Hosting millions of files requires massive resources and it simply became too big for our previous hosting platform to handle.

We are pleased to announce we have partnered with a new team that have extensive experience in large-scale hosting, our new gen hardware enables us to continue to provide the high standard of service that you are used to, while preparing us for many billions of files into the future.

Sincerely,
The Team"

mona
34 minutes ago, anakin206 said:

What about DirectUpload? http://en.directupload.net/

I've been using it for years.

Could you please specify the main features (as in OP) of your favorite hosting ?

Why is it worth to use it ?

DKT27

Topic moved to Technology News. Well, it's not exactly news but it's an good new article, if I can say so. Anyway, Technology News is also for topics which are internet related. So this suits here more.

Anyway, informative article. Some of those sites have a nice history behind them. Imgur for example, was funded by Reddit as there were not many good image hosters at that time. But then, Imgur became a social like site, so Reddit decided to start their own in-house image hosting service available only for their own site. As for others mentioned, maybe surprising to some members, some of them banned here. I personally would recommend Imgur and Postimage and stay away from sites like PB and such.

steven36
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, DKT27 said:

Topic moved to Technology News. Well, it's not exactly news but it's an good new article, if I can say so. Anyway, Technology News is also for topics which are internet related. So this suits here more.

Anyway, informative article. Some of those sites have a nice history behind them. Imgur for example, was funded by Reddit as there were not many good image hosters at that time. But then, Imgur became a social like site, so Reddit decided to start their own in-house image hosting service available only for their own site. As for others mentioned, maybe surprising to some members, some of them banned here. I personally would recommend Imgur and Postimage and stay away from sites like PB and such.

If i remember  back before  Imgur started  most of the others i used  like  TinyPIC   and ImageShack  started banning  warez sites in mass  , This site has never enforced rules on images , I  even seen staff hotlinking  images  from publishers websites witch was a big no no  on other boards i belong too,  so you're lucky to get anyone  to upload there own images  at all here and imgur has became crap i don't  even like there api now. 

This site is full  of hotlinked images  from non hosting sites  and you going tell  us to use crappy hosters ? Not long ago Reddit was having problems with imgur with them blocking some countries  and also  the site since it lost it's way and became  a social network  like instagram i don't trust them  and  they have been hacked many times. I use to use Postimage back before they almost closed down but every since they came back i cant get the images to post right on this site  .Many errors in there api.   I been uploading images to sites  every since  2006  and its always been a big pain and nothing but problems from image sites banning  boards were they was  approved   and them closing shop  or making there api crap . they ever heard of keep it simple stupid ? :P

Edited by steven36

DKT27
9 minutes ago, steven36 said:

If i remember  back before  Imgur started  most of the others i used  like  TinyPIC   and ImageShack  started banning  warez sites in mass  , This site has never enforced rules on images , I  even seen staff hotlinking  images  from publishers websites witch was a big no no  on other boards i belong too,  so you're lucky to get anyone  to upload there own images  at all here and imgur has became crap i don't  even like there api now.

You are correct there. The forums linking from that image host was banned unless someone specifically asked them for permission. Then they started banning the ability to see embedded links for non-top tier countries, I mean really, I have never such type of discrimination. I honestly never liked that image hoster.

Hotlinking is something I myself do not like at all. But it has become so widespread that I'm not sure where to start. We had to relax about it a bit when embedding from Imgur was broken here.

steven36
29 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

You are correct there. The forums linking from that image host was banned unless someone specifically asked them for permission. Then they started banning the ability to see embedded links for non-top tier countries, I mean really, I have never such type of discrimination. I honestly never liked that image hoster.

Hotlinking is something I myself do not like at all. But it has become so widespread that I'm not sure where to start. We had to relax about it a bit when embedding from Imgur was broken here.

The reason i knew some image hosters started banning boards was at appznet   they didn't care what host we used files or images  and all the sudden they started deleting our images as soon as we uploaded them . Some of the boards I belong to use to only allow, tinypic  and imageshack  and  back when blogs started using up to much bandwidth and  geting them in trouble for posting movie posters they crack down on many forums as well. imgur was like a breath of fresh air and were the best for many years .  But now they got to big  to care .

DKT27
16 minutes ago, steven36 said:

The reason i knew some image hosters started banning boards was at appznet   they didn't care what host we used files or images  and all the sudden they started deleting our images as soon as we uploaded them . Some of the boards I belong to use to only allow, tinypic  and imageshack  and  back when blogs started using up to much bandwidth and  geting them in trouble for posting movie posters they crack down on many forums as well. imgur was like a breath of fresh air and were the best for many years .  But now they got to big  to care .

I see. You are right. I'm remembering some of it.

jiski

Not know there is so many sites.  Nice info.  Very useful.