Sign in to follow this  
vissha

WUMT Wrapper Script 2.2.4 + 2.2.3

vissha

S7XyXjQ.png

WUMT Wrapper Script is used to launch Windows Update MiniTool and disable Windows Updates until you run it again avoiding unwanted reboots.

The script auto-elevates and makes sure the Windows Update service is running, then runs the correct version (x86 or x64) of Windows Update MiniTool in "auto-search for updates" mode. After you close Windows Update MiniTool, it stops and disables the Windows Update service, and it won't run again until you run WUMT Wrapper Script next time.

With the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, Microsoft has once again removed Group Policies and registry tweaks on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home to protect Windows Updates from being disabled, among other things. As you're well aware, Windows Updates are important so this script, and the Windows Update MiniTool should be used by advanced users.

This is distributed as text that you place in Notepad and save as a .cmd. Then you need Windows Updates in the same folder. We have done all of this for you, so all you need to do is download WUMT Wrapper Script.zip, extract to a folder and run Windows Update MiniTool.cmd as needed.

Author's Desc + Script + Install Notes v2.2.4:

Update Windows 10 on your schedule, not Microsoft's!
I originally wrote this script for personal use because of the lack of update options with the original RTM release of Windows 10 Pro. I wanted to update Windows 10 when I had the free time to manually update, just like I did with previous versions of Windows that allowed me to set updates to manual, not when Microsoft forced it on me while I was busy using my computer. When my computer rebooted in the middle of the night after a forced update I swore it would be the last time I would let that happen. With the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, increased lack of control and arbitrary removal of registry options only got worse. Microsoft removed previously working Group Policies and registry tweaks on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home and I expect things may only get worse with future major updates. The methods that may or may not work now such as update notifications, metered network connections (which may soon push "essential" updates over metered connections, whatever that means), Windows 10 Pro Group Policy edits, and other workarounds implemented to control automatic updates are not guaranteed to work forever on Windows 10 if the past is any indicator. This script will always allow fully manual updates no matter what Microsoft does to force automatic updates, including Windows 10 Home.

*How it works: The script auto-elevates, installs the "wub_start" task, then turns off Windows Update Blocker, makes sure the windows update service is running, and the correct version of WUMT for your architecture (x86 or x64) runs in "auto-search for updates" mode. But here's the best part: after you exit WUMT it stops and disables the windows update service and it won't run again until you run the update script again. No more random reboots in the middle of the night. You have full control over updates. This includes the Home version.
*You can run the Configurator to disable windows Update Blocker and leave updates on all the time so you can run the Store at any time and use Windows Defender.

**Don't change "automatically" to something else in the lower left of the WUMT screen while running the script.**

*If you need to install .Net 3.5 or use the Windows 10 Store or something that needs wuauserv running, run the script and after it enables wuauserv and starts WUMT, install what you need after WUMT checks for updates but before closing it UNLESS you ran the Configurator to turn off the windows update blocker, then you can do those things at any time.

*Installation: Paste the following scripts into notepad and add .cmd to the end of the script name (I named it WinUpdates.cmd but it doesn't matter what you call it) and the Windows Update MiniTool and the Windows Update Blocker in the same folder/location i.e. X:\Windows Update. Then make a shortcut to WinUpdates.cmd and use it to run windows updates manually from now on. Also save the other two scripts, Configurator and Uninstaller, in the same folder with the script.

@echo off & goto start
WUMT Wrapper Script version 2.2.4
Original script by pf100 @ MDL with special thanks to rpo and abbodi1406 @ MDL for code improvements.
https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/72203-WUMT-Wrapper-script-controls-windows-update-service
You may freely modify this script as you wish, I only request that you leave the credits and the
link to the original script.
I originally wrote this script for personal use because of the lack of update options with the
original RTM release of Windows 10 Pro. I wanted to update Windows 10 when I had the free time
to manually update, just like I did with previous versions of Windows that allowed me to
set updates to manual, not when Microsoft forced it on me while I was busy using my computer.
When my computer rebooted in the middle of the night after a forced update I swore it would be
the last time I would let that happen. With the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, increased lack
of control and arbitrary removal of registry options only got worse. Microsoft removed previously
working Group Policies and registry tweaks on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home and I expect
things may only get worse with future major updates. The methods that may or may not work now
such as update notifications, metered network connections, Windows 10 Pro Group Policy edits,
and other workarounds implemented to control automatic updates are not guaranteed to work forever
on Windows 10 if the past is any indicator. This script will always allow fully
manual updates no matter what Microsoft does to force automatic updates, including Windows 10 Home.
Installation: Save this script, the Windows Update MiniTool (WUMT), and Windows Update Blocker in the same folder, i.e.
"X:\Windows Update", then make a shortcut to this script and use it to run windows updates
manually from now on. You only have to make the shortcut run as administrator if you have an elevation problem since it auto-elevates.
WUMT is available here: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/64939-Windows-Update-MiniTool
*It is recommended to keep the Windows Update Minitool (WUMT) updated to the latest version.*
Windows Update Blocker is available here: http://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-update-blocker-v1-0/
How it works: This script auto-elevates, renames the rempl folder (disabling remsh.exe), resets and removes permissions from and disables usoclient.exe,
makes sure the task "wub_task" is installed, runs wub and enables and starts the windows update service (wuauserv)if disabled,
then runs the correct version of the Windows Update MiniTool in "auto search for updates" mode for your OS version's architecture (x86 or x64),
then disables and stops wuauserv giving you full control. No more forced automatic updates or surprise reboots in the middle of the night. This was
written for Windows 10 Pro and Home, but works with all versions of Windows 10. (Recent changes not tested on earlier versions <=v8.1).
*If you need to install .Net 3.5 or use the Windows 10 Store or something that needs wuauserv
running, run the script and after it enables wuauserv and starts WUMT, install what you need
after WUMT checks for updates, before closing WUMT. If you ran the Configurator to "leave
the Windows Update Service running at all times" you can ignore this note as the store will
work at any time and Windows Defender will get updates.
:start
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
:: Automatically check & get admin rights
Title WUMT Wrapper Script
Color 1F
CLS
:: ECHO.
:: ECHO =============================
:: ECHO Running Admin shell
:: Check Privileges
:: Get Privileges
:: and
:: Invoke UAC for Privilege Escalation
:: Notify if error escalating
:: and prevent looping if escalation fails
::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
set "params=Problem_with_elevating_UAC_for_Administrator_Privileges"&if exist "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
fsutil dirty query %systemdrive%  >nul 2>&1 && goto :GotPrivileges
::    The following test is to avoid infinite looping if elevating UAC for Administrator Privileges failed
If "%1"=="%params%" (echo Elevating UAC for Administrator Privileges failed&echo Right click on the script and select 'Run as administrator'&echo Press any key to exit...&pause>nul 2>&1&exit)
cmd /u /c echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) : UAC.ShellExecute "%~0", "%params%", "", "runas", 1 > "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"&cscript //nologo "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"&exit
:GotPrivileges
::START
::Rename the folder %ProgramFiles%\rempl to %ProgramFiles%\rempl-backup
::Reset (in case of wrong Permissions), remove Permissions from and Disable UsoClient.exe
::Install wub_task (prevents Windows Update service from starting after installing updates and rebooting)
::Enable and start the Windows Update Service (wuauserv)
::Run the correct version of WUMT for your architecture
::Start WUMT in "auto-check for updates" mode.
::After updates are completed and WUMT is closed and/or the "reboot"
::button in WUMT is pressed, silently run wub.exe and disable and stop wuauserv.
ren "%ProgramFiles%\rempl" rempl-backup
cls
icacls %WINDIR%\System32\UsoClient.exe /reset
takeown /f "%WINDIR%\System32\UsoClient.exe" /a > nul
icacls "%WINDIR%\System32\UsoClient.exe" /inheritance:r /remove *S-1-5-32-544 *S-1-5-11 *S-1-5-32-545 *S-1-5-18
cls
set "Task_Name=wub_task"
schtasks /delete /tn "%Task_Name%" /f 1>nul 2>nul
schtasks /query /fo list 2>nul | findstr /i "%Task_Name%" 1>nul || (
    echo.&echo Creating Windows Update Blocker Auto-Renewal task %Task_Name%.
    echo ^<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?^> >"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo ^<Task version="1.2" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task"^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^<RegistrationInfo^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<Date^>2018-02-18T08:29:39^</Date^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<Author^>pf100\rpo^</Author^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<URI^>\wub_task^</URI^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^</RegistrationInfo^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^<Triggers^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<BootTrigger^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<StartBoundary^>2018-02-18T08:29:00^</StartBoundary^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<Enabled^>true^</Enabled^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^</BootTrigger^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^</Triggers^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^<Principals^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<Principal id="Author"^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<UserId^>S-1-5-18^</UserId^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<RunLevel^>HighestAvailable^</RunLevel^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^</Principal^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^</Principals^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^<Settings^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<MultipleInstancesPolicy^>IgnoreNew^</MultipleInstancesPolicy^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<DisallowStartIfOnBatteries^>false^</DisallowStartIfOnBatteries^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<StopIfGoingOnBatteries^>false^</StopIfGoingOnBatteries^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<AllowHardTerminate^>true^</AllowHardTerminate^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<StartWhenAvailable^>false^</StartWhenAvailable^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable^>false^</RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<IdleSettings^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<StopOnIdleEnd^>true^</StopOnIdleEnd^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<RestartOnIdle^>false^</RestartOnIdle^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^</IdleSettings^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<AllowStartOnDemand^>true^</AllowStartOnDemand^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<Enabled^>true^</Enabled^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<Hidden^>false^</Hidden^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<RunOnlyIfIdle^>false^</RunOnlyIfIdle^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<WakeToRun^>false^</WakeToRun^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<ExecutionTimeLimit^>PT72H^</ExecutionTimeLimit^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<Priority^>7^</Priority^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^</Settings^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^<Actions Context="Author"^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<Exec^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<Command^>"%~dp0wub.exe"^</Command^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<Arguments^>/d /p^</Arguments^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^</Exec^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^</Actions^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo ^</Task^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    schtasks /create /tn "%Task_Name%" /ru "SYSTEM" /xml "%~dp0wub_task.xml" >nul 2>&1 || (
    echo.&echo Creating Windows Update Blocker Auto-Renewal errored.& echo Press any key to exit... & pause > nul &exit))
cls
echo ***********************************************
echo Welcome to manual updates! You are about to run
echo the Windows Update MiniTool (WUMT).
echo. & echo Press any key to continue... & pause > nul
"%~dp0wub.exe" /e
:: Check OS and run correct version of WUMT
for /f "tokens=2 delims==" %%a in ('wmic cpu get AddressWidth /value') do (set arch=%%a)
IF %arch% == 32 (set "wumt=%~dp0wumt_x86.exe") else (set "wumt=%~dp0wumt_x64.exe")
Start "" "%wumt%" -update "-onclose %~dp0wub.exe /d /p"

Configurator:

@echo off
Color 1F
Title WUMT Wrapper Script Configurator 2.2.4
set "params=Problem_with_elevating_UAC_for_Administrator_Privileges"&if exist "%temp%\getadmin.vbs" del "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"
::    The following test is to avoid infinite looping if elevating UAC for Administrator Privileges failed
If "%1"=="%params%" (echo Elevating UAC for Administrator Privileges failed&echo Right click on the script and select 'Run as administrator'&echo Press any key to exit...&pause>nul 2>&1&exit)
cmd /u /c echo Set UAC = CreateObject^("Shell.Application"^) : UAC.ShellExecute "%~0", "%params%", "", "runas", 1 > "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"&cscript //nologo "%temp%\getadmin.vbs"&exit
echo Welcome to WUMT Wrapper Script Configurator
CHOICE /C YN /M " Choose (Y) to disable Update Service and only allow to run during manual updates (default). Press (N) to keep the Update Service always running to allow Defender Updates and Store at any time." 
if %errorlevel%==2 goto enablewub
if %errorlevel%==1 goto disablewub
:enablewub
"%~dp0wub.exe" /e
ren "%~dp0wub.exe" wub.exe-backup
cls
echo Windows Update Service now enabled and running and won't be manipulated by wrapper script.
echo To reverse changes just run script again.
echo Press any key to exit...
pause > nul
goto end
:disablewub
ren "%~dp0wub.exe-backup" wub.exe
"%~dp0wub.exe" /d /p
cls
echo Windows Update Service disabled except for manual update checks with script.
pause > nul
:end

Uninstaller:

@echo off
Color 1F
Title WUMT Wrapper Script 2.2.4 uninstaller
@echo on
ren "%ProgramFiles%\rempl-backup" rempl
schtasks /delete /tn "wub_task" /f
"%~dp0wub.exe" /e
@echo off
echo ::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::
echo :WUMT Wrapper Script changes undone:
pause > nul

Author's Desc + Script + Install Notes v2.2.3:

I originally wrote this script for personal use because of the lack of update options with the original RTM release of Windows 10 Pro. I wanted to update Windows 10 when I had the free time to manually update, just like I did with previous versions of Windows that allowed me to set updates to manual, not when Microsoft forced it on me while I was busy using my computer. When my computer rebooted in the middle of the night after a forced update I swore it would be the last time I would let that happen. With the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, increased lack of control and arbitrary removal of registry options only got worse. Microsoft removed previously working Group Policies and registry tweaks on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home and I expect things may only get worse with future major updates. The methods that may or may not work now such as update notifications, metered network connections (which may soon push "essential" updates over metered connections, whatever that means), Windows 10 Pro Group Policy edits, and other workarounds implemented to control automatic updates are not guaranteed to work forever on Windows 10 if the past is any indicator. This script will always allow fully manual updates no matter what Microsoft does to force automatic updates, including Windows 10 Home.

*How it works: The script auto-elevates, installs the "wub_start" task, then turns off Windows Update Blocker, makes sure the windows update service is running, and the correct version of WUMT for your architecture (x86 or x64) runs in "auto-search for updates" mode. But here's the best part: after you exit WUMT it stops and disables the windows update service and it won't run again until you run the update script again. No more random reboots in the middle of the night. You have full control over updates. This includes the Home version.
*You can run the Configurator to disable windows Update Blocker and leave updates on all the time so you can run the Store at any time and use Windows Defender.

**Don't change "automatically" to something else in the lower left of the WUMT screen while running the script.**

*If you need to install .Net 3.5 or use the Windows 10 Store or something that needs wuauserv running, run the script and after it enables wuauserv and starts WUMT, install what you need after WUMT checks for updates but before closing it UNLESS you ran the Configurator to turn off the windows update blocker, then you can do those things at any time.

*Installation: Paste the following scripts into notepad and add .cmd to the end of the script name (I named it WinUpdates.cmd but it doesn't matter what you call it) and the Windows Update MiniTool and the Windows Update Blocker in the same folder/location i.e. X:\Windows Update. Then make a shortcut to WinUpdates.cmd and use it to run windows updates manually from now on. Also save the other two scripts, Configurator and Uninstaller, in the same folder with the script.

@echo off & goto start
WUMT Wrapper Script version 2.2.3
Original script by pf100 @ MDL with special thanks to rpo and abbodi1406 @ MDL for code improvements.
https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/72203-WUMT-Wrapper-script-controls-windows-update-service
You may freely modify this script as you wish, I only request that you leave the credits and the
link to the original script.
I originally wrote this script for personal use because of the lack of update options with the
original RTM release of Windows 10 Pro. I wanted to update Windows 10 when I had the free time
to manually update, just like I did with previous versions of Windows that allowed me to
set updates to manual, not when Microsoft forced it on me while I was busy using my computer.
When my computer rebooted in the middle of the night after a forced update I swore it would be
the last time I would let that happen. With the Windows 10 Anniversary Edition, increased lack
of control and arbitrary removal of registry options only got worse. Microsoft removed previously
working Group Policies and registry tweaks on Windows 10 Pro and Windows 10 Home and I expect
things may only get worse with future major updates. The methods that may or may not work now
such as update notifications, metered network connections, Windows 10 Pro Group Policy edits,
and other workarounds implemented to control automatic updates are not guaranteed to work forever
on Windows 10 if the past is any indicator. This script will always allow fully
manual updates no matter what Microsoft does to force automatic updates, including Windows 10 Home.
Installation: Save this script, the Windows Update MiniTool (WUMT), and Windows Update Blocker in the same folder, i.e.
"X:\Windows Update", then make a shortcut to this script and use it to run windows updates
manually from now on. You only have to make the shortcut run as administrator if you have an elevation problem since it auto-elevates.
WUMT is available here: https://forums.mydigitallife.net/threads/64939-Windows-Update-MiniTool
*It is recommended to keep the Windows Update Minitool (WUMT) updated to the latest version.*
Windows Update Blocker is available here: http://www.sordum.org/9470/windows-update-blocker-v1-0/
How it works: This script auto-elevates, renames the rempl folder (disabling remsh.exe), resets and removes permissions from and disables usoclient.exe,
makes sure the task "wub_task" is installed, runs wub and enables and starts the windows update service (wuauserv)if disabled,
then runs the correct version of the Windows Update MiniTool in "auto search for updates" mode for your OS version's architecture (x86 or x64),
then disables and stops wuauserv giving you full control. No more forced automatic updates or surprise reboots in the middle of the night. This was
written for Windows 10 Pro and Home, but works with all versions of Windows 10. (Recent changes not tested on earlier versions <=v8.1).
*If you need to install .Net 3.5 or use the Windows 10 Store or something that needs wuauserv
running, run the script and after it enables wuauserv and starts WUMT, install what you need
after WUMT checks for updates, before closing WUMT. If you ran the Configurator to "leave
the Windows Update Service running at all times" you can ignore this note as the store will
work at any time and Windows Defender will get updates.
:start
:: Automatically check & get admin rights
Title WUMT Wrapper Script
Color 1F
CLS
:: ECHO.
:: ECHO Running Admin shell
:: Check Privileges
:: Get Privileges
:: and
:: Invoke UAC for Privilege Escalation
:: Notify if error escalating
:: and prevent looping if escalation fails
::START
::Rename the folder %ProgramFiles%\rempl to %ProgramFiles%\rempl-backup
::Reset (in case of wrong Permissions), remove Permissions from and Disable UsoClient.exe
::Install wub_task
::Enable and start the Windows Update Service (wuauserv)
::Run the correct version of WUMT for your architecture
::Start WUMT in "auto-check for updates" mode.
::After updates are completed and WUMT is closed and/or the "reboot"
::button in WUMT is pressed, silently run wub.exe and disable and stop wuauserv.
ren "%ProgramFiles%\rempl" rempl-backup
cls
takeown /f "%WINDIR%\System32\UsoClient.exe" /a > nul
icacls "%WINDIR%\System32\UsoClient.exe" /inheritance:r /remove *S-1-5-32-544 *S-1-5-11 *S-1-5-32-545 *S-1-5-18
cls
set "Task_Name=wub_task"
schtasks /delete /tn "%Task_Name%" /f 1>nul 2>nul
schtasks /query /fo list 2>nul | findstr /i "%Task_Name%" 1>nul || (
    echo.&echo Creating Windows Update Blocker Auto-Renewal task %Task_Name%.
    echo ^<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-16"?^> >"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo ^<Task version="1.2" xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/windows/2004/02/mit/task"^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^<RegistrationInfo^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<Date^>2018-02-18T08:29:39^</Date^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<Author^>pf100\rpo^</Author^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<URI^>\wub_task^</URI^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^</RegistrationInfo^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^<Triggers^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<BootTrigger^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<StartBoundary^>2018-02-18T08:29:00^</StartBoundary^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<Enabled^>true^</Enabled^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^</BootTrigger^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^</Triggers^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^<Principals^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<Principal id="Author"^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<UserId^>S-1-5-18^</UserId^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<RunLevel^>HighestAvailable^</RunLevel^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^</Principal^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^</Principals^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^<Settings^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<MultipleInstancesPolicy^>IgnoreNew^</MultipleInstancesPolicy^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<DisallowStartIfOnBatteries^>false^</DisallowStartIfOnBatteries^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<StopIfGoingOnBatteries^>false^</StopIfGoingOnBatteries^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<AllowHardTerminate^>true^</AllowHardTerminate^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<StartWhenAvailable^>false^</StartWhenAvailable^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable^>false^</RunOnlyIfNetworkAvailable^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<IdleSettings^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<StopOnIdleEnd^>true^</StopOnIdleEnd^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<RestartOnIdle^>false^</RestartOnIdle^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^</IdleSettings^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<AllowStartOnDemand^>true^</AllowStartOnDemand^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<Enabled^>true^</Enabled^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<Hidden^>false^</Hidden^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<RunOnlyIfIdle^>false^</RunOnlyIfIdle^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<WakeToRun^>false^</WakeToRun^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<ExecutionTimeLimit^>PT72H^</ExecutionTimeLimit^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<Priority^>7^</Priority^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^</Settings^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^<Actions Context="Author"^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^<Exec^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<Command^>"%~dp0wub.exe"^</Command^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo       ^<Arguments^>/d /p^</Arguments^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo     ^</Exec^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo   ^</Actions^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    echo ^</Task^> >>"%~dp0%Task_Name%.xml"
    schtasks /create /tn "%Task_Name%" /ru "SYSTEM" /xml "%~dp0wub_task.xml" >nul 2>&1 || (
    echo.&echo Creating Windows Update Blocker Auto-Renewal errored.& echo Press any key to exit... & pause > nul &exit))
cls
echo Welcome to manual updates! You are about to run
echo the Windows Update MiniTool (WUMT).
echo. & echo Press any key to continue... & pause > nul
"%~dp0wub.exe" /e
:: Check OS and run correct version of WUMT
for /f "tokens=2 delims==" %%a in ('wmic cpu get AddressWidth /value') do (set arch=%%a)
IF %arch% == 32 (set "wumt=%~dp0wumt_x86.exe") else (set "wumt=%~dp0wumt_x64.exe")
Start "" "%wumt%" -update "-onclose %~dp0wub.exe /d /p"

Configurator:

@echo off
Color 1F
Title WUMT Wrapper Script Configurator 2.2.3
echo Welcome to WUMT Wrapper Script Configurator
CHOICE /C YN /M "Press (Y) to keep the Update Service always running to allow Defender Updates and Store at any time. Choose (N) to disable Update Service and only allow to run during manual updates."
if %errorlevel%==2 goto disablewub
if %errorlevel%==1 goto enablewub
:enablewub
"%~dp0wub.exe" /e
ren "%~dp0wub.exe" wub.exe-backup
cls
echo Windows Update Service now enabled and won't be manipulated by wrapper script.
pause > nul
goto end
:disablewub
"%~dp0wub.exe" /d /p
cls
echo Windows Update Service disabled except for manual update checks with script.
pause > nul
:end

Uninstaller:

@echo off
Color 1F
Title WUMT Wrapper Script 2.2.3 uninstaller
@echo on
ren "%ProgramFiles%\rempl-backup" rempl
schtasks /delete /tn "wub_task" /f
"%~dp0wub.exe" /e
@echo off
echo :WUMT Wrapper Script changes undone:
pause > nul

Changes

Script updated to v2.2.4
Improvements made since v2.2.3:
Fixed a bug where the uninstaller wouldn't fully work under certain conditions.

Script updated to v2.2.3
Improvements made since v2.2.2:
You can close the "Welcome to manual updates" screen and Windows Updates will stay off.
The script no longer makes backups of the original usoclient.exe because it's unnecessary.
The permissions for usoclient.exe are now reset before permissions are removed in case the permissions are wrong.

Homepage

Changelogs

WUMT Wrapper Script @ Majorgeeks.com

Download from Majorgeeks - WUMT Wrapper Script[Only latest build] + Windows Update MiniTool

Edited by vissha
Updated with latest script build & changelog

vissha

Update!
There is a harsh conflict going on between authors of WUMT(shewolf) and WUMT Wrapper Script(pf100). shewolf recommend pf100 to modify the wrapper script(which leads nowhere) using the below scripts:

rpo script
lomticksoftoast script

Note:

Hence, the development of the Wrapper Script will be in slow pace or may be stopped(if it can't be done). I'd recommend nsaners not to rely on this WUMT Wrapper Script until it is fixed properly.

vissha
7 minutes ago, jordan4x said:

Reminder: New update = New topic

I'm wondering why this applies to version releases within 24hrs of previous release? This will surely create trouble. I see 24hrs nominal for testing stable releases and make changes to itself instead of new one..... I think most nsaners/devs/nsane team/any other forums would accept my point here....

If there are more than 10 build releases within 24 hrs, would you think 10 new topics be required? I don't think so. It's hassle.

Edited by vissha

Jordan
1 hour ago, vissha said:

I'm wondering why this applies to version releases within 24hrs of previous release? This will surely create trouble. I see 24hrs nominal for testing stable releases and make changes to itself instead of new one..... I think most nsaners/devs/nsane team/any other forums would accept my point here....

i do not care about other forums rules. as long as we are talking about this here, only nsaneforums rules apply.

i'm only helping to apply our admins recommendations, which for instance, requires to create a new topic for any new update, being it beta or released in the same day as another version

Also, i don't see what is harmful in doing this,

it has the benefit for members to quicly find updates and easily follow developpement

if there are more than 10 build releases within 24 hrs, would you think 10 new topics be required? I don't think so. It's hassle.

Absolutely! because what you think and what our admins think is different

So please comply to our admins rules and guidelines

P.S. i just noticed you quoted me in another topic for the same reason, but your argument is wrong

you compare things where there is nothing to compare!

Please also note that when we post a reminder, it's not just for the op, but it is also for everyone to prevent further similar mistakes

vissha

@jordan4x@0bin: In that case, I'll comply. However, I call for Admins @shought@Lite@DKT27 and their superiors to look into this matter. I hope good positive decisions would be made since updating thread for new fix build within 24hrs consideration and merge of test/beta for some s/w are acceptable requests though.

Jordan
1 hour ago, vissha said:

@jordan4x@0bin: In that case, I'll comply. However, I call for Admins @shought@Lite@DKT27 and their superiors to look into this matter. I hope good positive decisions would be made since updating thread for new fix build within 24hrs consideration and merge of test/beta for some s/w are acceptable requests though.

It is not the right way to complain about a staff/mod action

You should report it instead, this way, it will be seen by admins and they will look into it asap.

To help you with this, i report it myself

Report sent.

vissha

@jordan4x I'm not complaining/reporting your action. Instead, I'm asking for a rethink to modification of the guidelines for enhancing the forum with the forums own "we want quality over quantity" motto...

I hope you understand what I'm referring to....

Also, thanks for joining hands with finding resolution for this matter....

@jordan4x I understood that I shouldn't discuss here. However, I didn't complain your action since you are doing your work correctly in this matter since I accepted to comply. However, I ask Admins for re-think on modifying guidelines with time-limit updates and other beta versions merging. FYI: We are already on a PM for other issue and my inbox is full. If I use RSU, it is also public to all. If I could use the previous PM for this too, I'm ready to do so. Or if you could open a PM to me, it'd be helpful... Thanks.

Edited by vissha

Jordan
2 hours ago, vissha said:

I'm asking for a rethink to modification of the guidelines for enhancing the forum with the forums own "we want quality over quantity" motto...

Rethink of the guidelines? seriously?

1- i posted a moderation reminder

2- You complained about it

3- i reported your complaint to admins

That's it.

you shouldn't keep arguing in public and i myself i shouldn't keep responding to your quotes

i personally didn't established any rules or guidelines. so if you are not satisfied with my report and if you have suggestions for new rules in this forum, please feel free to directly contact admins

dcs18

Should be simpler to just use one's firewall BLOCK Windows Update (svchost.exe) selectively whenever the Windows Update is not needed and ALLOW whenever it is.

Example of the rule to BLOCK Windows Update selectively using Windows Firewall Control (WFC):—

F6sP4Cg.png

DKT27

Some posts removed due to being rude. One post removed due to being off-topic, which was however quite good.

Strictly speaking, new update requires new topic for sure. But in some cases exceptions can be made. This needs to be mentioned as such cases are rare. New update fixing absolutely minor things within half a day, fine, no need for new topic. New update making important changes, even if small, even if withing a day requires a new topic. There are no real specifics on this. That is why the staff has made a reminder post and not closed the topic for it.