Free upgrade to Windows 10 for 7 & 8.1 users

Radpop

Free upgrade to Windows 10 for Windows 7 & 8.1 users

It's not over. Big M wish people to update to the best they can offer. A special version of Microsoft's utility "Upgrade Advisor to Windows 10" will allow users of Windows 7 SP1 and 8.1 to upgrade to Windows 10 (April Update version 1803) for free. This offer applies only to licensed users of Windows 7 SP1 and 8.1. Promotion homepage: https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=3268.

Steps:

1. For a problem-free installation, you must install all the latest updates for your current system.

2. Download the special version of the utility "Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant", with which you can check the compatibility of your computer and update your operating system Windows 7 SP1 or 8.1 for free.

https://download.microsoft.com/download/B/8/2/B8246627-1CFB-4F4E-BB77-E67B59EC63FE/Windows10Upgrade24074.exe

3. Run the utility and follow the instructions on the screen.

2018-02-18_13-43-191.png

4. After the upgrade is completed, Windows 10 (version 1709) is installed.

5. Check Windows updates. You will see that it will begin installing the Update functions to Windows 10, version 1803.

Windows 10 April Update (version 1803) can be activated using the product keys from Windows 7 and 8.1. If you own the OEM version of Windows 7 or 8.1, and you perform a clean installation of the system, you can go through the activation procedure in the Settings> Upgrade and Security> Activation application.

Not personally tested, no warranty, backup recommended.

• Replies 24
  • Views 4.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Radpop said:

Free Windows 10 (1709) for Windows 7 & 8.1 users

Found it hard to believe so did a little research.  The referenced site is the only place you will find this.  The referenced download is identical to the download Microsoft released last year to upgrade Windows 10 to the Fall Creators Update.  I verified this by checking the hash of the windows 10 upgrade files.  Last years upgrade for windows 10 users to FC has a hash of SHA256  40D7152FE33DB443385A78C27567C1C60AC7258E73FE2DE7AF2C26ACC3D37939 which is the same as the referenced download.

Not surprised, straycat19. I believe You and Comms. I didn't test hashes, but I did the same conclusion. I can't test this promotion because I've 1709 installed and my licence is in Big M's server. I don't know if there is some geopolitics behind this promotion.

1709 is definitely the best Windows I've ever used. :D:sun:

About risk analysis of this promotion. If you backup your 7 or 8.1, you can go back if upgrade fails. If you don't backup, you can do clean install of 7 or 8.1 if upgrade fails. If upgrade is successful but Big M doesn't approve your old licence, you get 1709 trial and can go back by backup or clean install if you don't buy a new licence.  

9 minutes ago, Radpop said:

1709 is definitely the best Windows I've ever used. :D:sun:

Hey bro, I respect your opinion about Windows 10. I don't like it because of a lot of esthetical issues and stability

But tell me please in your own words, Why is the best Windows ever created???

On 2/20/2018 at 8:20 AM, Archanus said:

Hey bro, I respect your opinion about Windows 10. I don't like it because of a lot of esthetical issues and stability

But tell me please in your own words, Why is the best Windows ever created???

Mymymy... This is personal opinion regarding one computer. First time I see hardware and Windows OS in so good balance. XP, 7 and 10 had all big problems at start and 7 was unstable to the end. With 1709 this pc is very responsive and runs cool and energy efficient. :thumbsup:

One of the insider Mvp's has advised many to just do an upgrade install to windows 10 from win7/8 and try your product key & if it doesn't activate to use the Reset this PC feature and it should activate.   After that you can clean install forever or update to newer builds with no key required.    

From things printed online, looks like windows 10 has new pricing coming out maybe april ... would suspect the free upgrade deal might disappear at anytime.

My computer was sold with win8.1 but since Ive formatted the entire hard drive, they are all gone.. What can I do now?

If it was activated with OEM license by factory, You can format or wipe Your hard drive as much You want, the key should be still there, because it is stored as embeded key in BIOS.
If You used any other key, ie retail, volume etc, then You must simply use it again.

• 1 month later...

Good to know that it is working again, because the administrator of this forum closed / blocked the access to the topics where you could get keys for 10 LOL

• 2 weeks later...

NOT working for me! tried 3 times and the progress of Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant is stuck at 99% on my Win 7 Ultimate x64 machine...:(

44 minutes ago, Alien said:

NOT working for me! tried 3 times and the progress of Windows 10 Upgrade Assistant is stuck at 99% on my Win 7 Ultimate x64 machine...:(

1. You should have clean and correctly working Windows 7 (no damaged files)
  2. If You have third party antivirus or/and firewall, they must be removed
  3. all temp folders must be empty, before begin upgrade
  4. If it also not helps, use Genuine Ticket method and clean install, it works always.

15 minutes ago, Wartas said:

But is it reliable?

What can be different, if you do this manually, if Windows updater one command does the same.
However, if you do it manually, you can install a clean and completely new Windows. If you use the Windows automatic update command, all your previous Windows settings will remain, as well as all old programs (even if they would definitely need to be reinstalled, because they are no more registered in registry, shortcuts are missing etc).
Of course, this is completely reliable, since exactly the same thing as the Windows crawler installer does.

8 minutes ago, Wartas said:

But is it reliable?

No, we are not sure when they'll revoke these tricked activated licenses.

Also, there is no hope/future with Win10 since they frequently change everything.... u don't know why did u upgrade & y r u using it after years? device restriction plays with Win 10 builds.

Final say:

Why change to an OS which is blunt and have no future/better stable features/development/good updates(relating to regular botched updates to BSOD)? Instead move to Linux and use Win s/w using CrossOver/similar tools for free+secure+privacy+customization+regular good updates+good developers&testers providing good updates.

20 minutes ago, Radpop said:

You can still get better ? and update free to Windows 10 April Version 1803 if You have licensed version of Windows 7 or 8.1. Promotion homepage in Russian: https://www.comss.ru/page.php?id=3268.

See what's the weird story! Did not know that the Russians say how to upgrade Microsoft. 

Могучий бизнес! (Mighty business!)

• 2 weeks later...

I would not upgrade from Windows 7 at all. I installed WIndows 10 on one of my partitions and it got corrupted. Neither would it boot to windows, nor repair the existing OS. 

I am thinking of trying out only the next major update of Windows 10, not the existing ones any more.

its a trap for sure. Making this version free was with premedidation. The privacy invasion was made with premedidation and directx12 was made with premdidation. 

Only way micro$hit could trick you to use this at home for bussines people was to make it free, your it guy upgrades at work to windows 10 and its confusing to use at home windows 7 or 8.1 so people will upgrade pc from home as well.

Only way could trick gamers to upgrade was launch of dx12 that proven to be nothing in meaning of graphics or performance. You remember when they told you 40 % increased performance?

Only way could trick you to pass privacy isssues was the 2 things above that were created and promoted with premedidation.

So think at this like you are Jerry and micro$hit is Tom, always trying to catch you in a trap.  So think at this like you are an idiot Jerry and micro$hit is a smart Tom, that already catched you in a trap

I'm not a tiny mouse ? so I can't see traps everywhere or in Comms.  

I upgraded Windows 7 to 10 when it was officially free. Later I installed Windows 7 to other partition and it got corrupted and didn't even start. First Windows 10 wasn't any better than 7 in this computer, but 1709 was really good and there is no way back to diving 7.

? 7️⃣  

• 2 weeks later...

Hello where can I ask for help for activating windows using installationID ? Thanks.

Archived