Nsane Dark Theme

Sharelol

I made this for my eyes, I did it like a hobby, please don't be demanding. All suggestions are welcome.

Preview

screenshot_6693559_29078838.png

How get it:

1. install Stylus addon you can find it for Opera and Chrome too

2. Click over the Stylus and Manage buttons.

nsane1jpg_3799766_29079056.jpg

3.Click over Write New Style button

nsane2jpg_2650395_29079067.jpg

4. Copy this code into code box and enter a name for this Style.

nsane3jpg_9121071_29079092.jpg

5. Select Applies to URLS on the domain www.nsaneforums.com and click over Save button

nsane4jpg_3281203_29079246.jpg   nsane5jpg_7761833_29079243.jpg

• Replies 22
  • Views 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
34 minutes ago, Sharelol said:

4. Copy this code into code box and enter a name for this Style.

nsane3jpg_9121071_29079092.jpg

Could you please, post as a text the code that needs to be placed in the box ?

• Administrator

Excellent. Quite nice. Did you make this or someone else did. As this looks like an work of an expert.

Having said, I'm very much wanting to provide you guys with a custom dark theme. But due to lack of time and not wanting to break forums I'm not able to do so. Having said, our man @Matt might get a pre-made theme for us here.

8 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

Excellent. Quite nice. Did you make this or someone else did. As this looks like an work of an expert.

Having said, I'm very much wanting to provide you guys with a custom dark theme. But due to lack of time and not wanting to break forums I'm not able to do so. Having said, our man @Matt might get a pre-made theme for us here.

Thanks, I did it alone. It's my 2nd theme with Stylus.

I got dark colors scheme from this project https://github.com/overdodactyl/ShadowFox I use it for Firefox

• Administrator
37 minutes ago, Sharelol said:

Thanks, I did it alone. It's my 2nd theme with Stylus.

I got dark colors scheme from this project https://github.com/overdodactyl/ShadowFox I use it for Firefox

What you made made is a great, no-nonsense but highly professional theme. I really liked it. If my above reasons where not preventing me, I would have made a theme for nsane based your theme with some modifications here.

Nice work, just some suggestions

1- gray need to be more dark

2- green need to be another color maybe blue ?

3- usernames colors need to be white - blue (VIP) - orange (Veteran)

• Administrator

I request you keep an unmodified copy of the above code though. I really like the shade of background myself. Agreed about suggestions 2 and 3 above - all this depends on user preference though.

Those who want green to be blue, try finding #507642 on that script and replace it with something like #3D6594 instead. Check each and every modified line though.

40 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

I request you keep an unmodified copy of the above code though. I really like the shade of background myself. Agreed about suggestions 2 and 3 above - all this depends on user preference though.

Those who want green to be blue, try finding #507642 on that script and replace it with something like #3D6594 instead. Check each and every modified line though.

I did them look at this code

http://clipboard.space/clip/a3YOGL1BdyH6LY2vWvWR

What i can't find is:

Snap2.png

And

Snap3.png

43 minutes ago, BALTAGY said:

I did them look at this code

http://clipboard.space/clip/a3YOGL1BdyH6LY2vWvWR

What i can't find is:

Snap2.png

And

Snap3.png

I prefer mine with less contrast but if you want customize it I can help you.

1st element

.ipsTags .ipsTag  {
	background: #3D6594;
}

And remove from grey background.

2nd element is modified with this code

*[style*="background-image:url('//www.nsaneforums.com/applications/core/interface/ckeditor/ckeditor/plugins/icons.png?t=HAEH')"] {
	filter: invert(100%) brightness(110%) !important;
}

It´s a color inversion if you want a specific color you should modify .png file and link it externally.

3 minutes ago, Sharelol said:

I prefer mine with less contrast but if you want customize i can help you.

1st element

.ipsTags .ipsTag  {
	background: #3D6594;
}

And remove from grey background.

2nd element is modified with this code

*[style*="background-image:url('//www.nsaneforums.com/applications/core/interface/ckeditor/ckeditor/plugins/icons.png?t=HAEH')"] {
	filter: invert(100%) brightness(110%) !important;
}

It´s a color inversion if you want a specific color you should modify .png file and link it externally.

I just try to make it look like the old dark theme

• Administrator

About the editor and it's toolbar. I believe there is a special dark theme available for it. But it's not optional, meaning, I can only keep either normal themed editor and it's toolbar or dark themed one here.

Any chance we might get this beautiful theme in the form of a userscript? 

• 4 months later...

hi

nice work buddy.

i wanted to test the new theme color with your code but i got "502 bad gateway" when opening the code.

could you please make it available on some host ?

1 hour ago, mehdibleu said:

hi

nice work buddy.

i wanted to test the new theme color with your code but i got "502 bad gateway" when opening the code.

could you please make it available on some host ?

https://pastebin.com/WK6nHLtD

• 3 weeks later...
I Am Negan

What happened to the dark theme? It seems like it was down for a couple of days. The default  theme is blinding my eyes. LOL 

jayesh30202
18 minutes ago, I Am Negan said:

What happened to the dark theme? It seems like it was down for a couple of days. The default  theme is blinding my eyes. LOL 

Check the admin's status.

What keeps happening with the Dark theme?  It seems to work a few days and the poof it goes offline.  Yestrday I couldn't even find the option to change it.  Is there a way to make this a permanent change in our user settings so this stops happening?  Thanks.

Yea I would like to know also.  One answer was check admin's status.  But whose, and where?  A link would have been helpful, but the answer would have been better.  Also, why did this site go down at the end of last month?  Is the server only good for 3 weeks, and then too much data?

• Administrator
1 hour ago, leland said:

What keeps happening with the Dark theme?  It seems to work a few days and the poof it goes offline.  Yestrday I couldn't even find the option to change it.  Is there a way to make this a permanent change in our user settings so this stops happening?  Thanks.

1 hour ago, dhjohns said:

Yea I would like to know also.  One answer was check admin's status.  But whose, and where?  A link would have been helpful, but the answer would have been better.  Also, why did this site go down at the end of last month?  Is the server only good for 3 weeks, and then too much data?

I removed the Light and Dark themes in order to do some changes for the new web service we are running, so he told you read admin status because I said I will turn them off for one day.  Now everything running perfectly, so you can pick the Dark theme and it will stay there. Server was down for maintenance from the provider not us, and I wasn't aware of that because I didn't have full access to it at that time. 

19 hours ago, Matt said:

I removed the Light and Dark themes in order to do some changes for the new web service we are running, so he told you read admin status because I said I will turn them off for one day.  Now everything running perfectly, so you can pick the Dark theme and it will stay there. Server was down for maintenance from the provider not us, and I wasn't aware of that because I didn't have full access to it at that time. 

It's really nice the Dark Theme :) Thanks for the nice implementation, but I think that Light Theme look better for our vision :) I mean, you can read better :) 

Archived