Welcome Back

DKT27

• Replies 291
  • Views 39k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Welcome back nsane!

I still notice lots of bugs (can't reply in lots of topics since this morning + lots of things don't work!) so I hope these issues will get fixed asap

I can see lots of happy users and thats awesome I to am very happy I have checked everyday for nsane down and then twitter and facebook.  There is not place like home or nsane I feel like dorothy when she got home hahahaha.  Lots of events have gone done Ill post later keep everybody updated.  Im trying to get internet download manager fixed Ill just go through forums I have missed looking through them.  Im very happy so many users have posted sounds like the community is still here thats AWESOME.  I also checked reddit MDL saw the haters on MDL and facebook I didnt care dont give them attention and yes I hope everybody had a very merry christmas and a awesome new years eve hopefully this is going to be a good year with nsane down back its looking promising.

Well, something good came out of it for me at least. I've seen (elsewhere) so many members grumbling about the board being down, that I thought it must be good to join. So here I am.

13 minutes ago, Katzenfreund said:

Well, something good came out of it for me at least. I've seen (elsewhere) so many members grumbling about the board being down, that I thought it must be good to join. So here I am.

Welcome to nsane, I’m BioHazard my old account don’t work so I created another one hope admin fix this problem soon.

Guest Sharelol

There is a problem with cookies, I can't login. When I try I can't see the forum if I delete cookies then I see it but without login.

Wellcome back! I have missed you a lot, my friends!!

Thks a lot for all the efforts... 

:welcome:

(my Old member: foreroes...still doesnt work...)

Congratulations on getting the site back up

Hopefully it's on a better system\software so it stays up

Must have taken a bucket of caffine to get it back MANY THANKS

• Administrator

As I had said, IPB is crap. Inspite of fixing things it's still having problems. I'm trying my best to fix those problems.

Anyway, forum should open now for everyone. If it does not, please let me know about it.

Also, site is running quite slow. I'm aware about it.

On 1/13/2018 at 8:28 AM, g8194189 said:

good to see you back, but how long ?, the problems are not properly fixed

the MDL Staff DAZ said that

Very nice of DAZ there, I have never talked to him but seems a really nice guy. I wish I could share details about servers in open, but I cannot due to security reasons. Having said, we do all the security updates required whenever possible to do so.

24 minutes ago, DKT27 said:

but I cannot due to security reasons

I am sure that we have a strong security...with the functionality do we have some issues....but security is ultra high top level...:P

I'm happy to be back among you at Nsane, and once again thanks to the admin @ DKT27! for all are work done, the Phoenix is reborn from the ashes and I hope for a long time, long life in Nsane.

^_^

On 1/13/2018 at 1:38 AM, DKT27 said:

I actually did think about changing the forums software - nothing can be done without Lite's and shought's approval though. Turns out, it's not possible to convert IPB 4.2 - one we use and it's database to another software forums.

This doesn't seem right. If we can't move, then the only use of forum backup would be of less use and only to restore in IPB itself. We have to find a solution for this rather than adding more unnecessary functionality here. Stuff like PM backup would be helpful. Other stuff can be viewed in web archive or web cache or after migration or restoration of the forum in new platform itself(for hidden threads/posts).

What if IPB is planning to shutdown one day? Will they provide the migration features and help with the process?

Request to Nsaners: Please don't ask for silly feature requests/very minor bug fixes. We need a workaround/solution for forum migration and that should be our motto next to posting/helping with nsaners on content. If anyone have suggestions, please don't hesitate to share with Admins then the responsibility is for them to act and think positively rather than suppress the discussions. 

My other request not posted since the issue was fixed just a while before posting:
http://www.nsaneforums.com/profile/49175-vissha/?status=36923&type=status

@DKT27@shought@Lite: Please help us with the direct URL links with values of skins in IPB to "change theme" or "set to default theme" for logged in members. It'll help in future if we have default themes replaced by IPB upgrades.

@DKT27@shought@Lite and others who helped fix nsane and IPB(for some reasons): Thanks for bringing back edit option in RSU. Please bring back delete option to individual replies in their PM view. This will help remove clutter by the members themselves. Also, please provide Download conversation feature for PM. This is a very much needed feature at this nature of IPB.

Archived