Software or network configuration to AUTOMATICALLY handle internet fail-over in broadband with mobile data service

alienvi

Hi

I have a broadband connection and a 4G mobile data service as internet service to my laptop (Windows).

The broadband data speed is high but the internet service goes off often and resumes.

To manage that I got a 4G mobile data service - internet connection which has lower data speed while is having a daily limit.

I always connect both my broadband and 4G mobile data service with my laptop.

1. When both services are up, how to know which internet service (broadband or 4G mobile) is being utilized by system (alternatively, how to assign broadband as preferred internet connection for the system?)

1. Looking for a (internet service / connection fail-over mechanism) software or any internet network configuration such that the internet for laptop works mainly on broadband and
    1. should switch AUTOMATICALLY to mobile data service, in case of broadband service failure and
    2. switch BACK automatically to broadband, once the broadband service resumes

Thank you

• Replies 3
  • Views 804
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I use Tasker on my Android to accomplish this — needs a fair deal of expertise, though.

Must also add that Tasker has hundreds of other capabilities — switching internet connectivity between Broadband and Mobile Data is just one of those capabilities (a rather minor one.)

23 minutes ago, dcs18 said:

I use Tasker on my Android to accomplish this — needs a fair deal of expertise, though.

Must also add that Tasker has hundreds of other capabilities — switching internet connectivity between Broadband and Mobile Data is just one of those capabilities (a rather minor one.)

Thank you,  dcs18

I'm looking for a windows os solution

Yep, Tasker trips your Android back and forth, as per the requirement on your Windows — but, I hope someone can suggest an easier option.

Archived